Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Rodney Anderson situation
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't do much good to "pound" with a RB that averages less than 1 yard per carry.

He got hurt in tonights game,same knee he has battled,I think he will be on the PUP roster and not play for first 6 games,the dude is injury prone.
Reply/Quote
Hoard made it sound like it's a serious injury.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 12:24 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Hoard made it sound like it's a serious injury.

Hobson says it's a ACL year 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 12:18 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: He got hurt in tonights game,same knee he has battled,I think he will be on the PUP roster and not play for first 6 games,the dude is injury prone.

He can’t go on PUP. That is reserved for players who have never practiced. He would have to go on IR. If that happens he could be designated for return but I think the team is hoping Jonah Williams is that player. It would be the only explanation as to why he hasn’t already been on IR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If he tore the ACL on the same knee that would be a let down for him. He has so much talent and wants to play a sport but keeps having injuries. I feel for the guy. God Speed Rodney.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Damn. Gotta feel for this kid and wonder if that's the end of the road for him. I can't even imagine going through all the grueling rehab of a torn ACL only to have to do it all over again less than 2 games back.
Reply/Quote
Feel bad for the guy, as he is obviously a talented athlete. On the other hand, what once looked like a tough decision to be made by the coaches, just got a little easier. Weird how these things sort themselves out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He should have never been rushed back we don't need him this year, a full year to heal and properly train would have done him good

Put him on the IR, give him surgery and put the tendons Adrian Peterson has in his leg that will allow him to run until he's 45
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Just goes to show that we cant ever have anything nice as Bengals fans.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Damn ! That's to bad, wish him well.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:24 PM)jason Wrote: Clearly Leveon Bell started a trend last year... I even get why guys are doing it. But, yeah... Hopefully management nips that on the bud before it happens.

Running backs should absolutely do what Zeke and Bell did. Everyone knows they last for less time than any other position in the NFL. So there should be a way to force teams to restructure contracts if a backs production far exceeds his contract. NFL teams are allowed to cut you if you don’t measure up so why aren’t they forced to compensate for over production? That’s not fair at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 10:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He did?

Yep on the half time show on the radio he said we will pick up the pieces and move forward. Said very disappointing and felt bad for the kid as was a big part of their plans this year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: Yep on the half time show on the radio he said we will pick up the pieces and move forward. Said very disappointing and felt bad for the kid as was a big part of their plans this year.

I'm going to wait for an official word. There is no way they could have the full picture of his injury that quickly during the half time radio show. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:32 AM)pally Wrote: He can’t go on PUP.  That is reserved for players who have never practiced.  He would have to go on IR.  If that happens he could be designated for return but I think the team is hoping Jonah Williams is that player.  It would be the only explanation as to why he hasn’t already been on IR

I don't see how Jonah can rebuilt strength in that arm in time to return.

Anderson was likely our 4th back. You put him on the IR and let him out.

It's not like he's a #1 guy. He wasn't going to get carries.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:38 AM)Housh Wrote: Running backs should absolutely do what Zeke and Bell did. Everyone knows they last for less time than any other position in the NFL. So there should be a way to force teams to restructure contracts if a backs production far exceeds his contract. NFL teams are allowed to cut you if you don’t measure up so why aren’t they forced to compensate for over production? That’s not fair at all.

Bell likely costed himself money by missing a full year of franchise tag salary last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:51 AM)Second Down Wrote: I'm going to wait for an official word. There is no way they could have the full picture of his injury that quickly during the half time radio show. 

Trainers have some tests they can do to determine the stability of a joint. They likely have a pretty good idea within minutes what happened.

Now, how does that get up to the radio/tv booth?
Reply/Quote
His injury history is pretty extensive. He's only played in 17 total college games with 13 coming in 2017:

Rodney Anderson is certainly an interesting prospect in the 2019 rookie class from a talent perspective, but his injuries are likely to give dynasty owners pause and rightly so. During his time at Oklahoma, Anderson only played in a total of 17 games, with 13 of those games coming during the Sooners’ run to the College Football Playoff in 2017. Because of this, his play on the field can only be judged during one season of play, leaving Anderson as one of the most polarizing prospects in this year’s class. Let’s break down Anderson’s injuries in more detail and talk about what they mean for his value from a dynasty perspective.

2015 – Fractured Fibula
In 2015, Anderson was buried on the depth chart but was playing on special teams, which is where his season started and ended. During the team’s second game of the season against Tennessee, Anderson fractured the fibula (outer lower leg bone) while covering a kick-off, ending his freshman campaign early. Shortly after he sustained the injury, he underwent surgery to stabilize the broken bone and ligament and didn’t play again that year. Most athletes after this type of surgery can get back on the field in about 9 months and can perform well after they do get back out there. For example, Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr, and Odell Beckham all have fractured fibula injuries in their injury history.

2016 – Fractured Vertebrae
After spending the rest of 2015 and early 2016 rehabbing from his broken leg, Anderson appeared ready to step into a larger role for the team in 2016. However, he suffered a fractured C5 vertebrae in his neck in August and didn’t play in a single game in 2016. To my knowledge, this injury was treated non-operatively given that reports indicates he spent three months with a cervical collar on around his neck to stabilize the broken bone. This type of injury is typically a ‘freak injury’ and can’t be predicted, so this shouldn’t count as a knock against him. Given that Anderson didn’t require surgery on his neck, we can assume that no nerve damage was sustained with the broken bone in the neck. This type of injury can be much more serious if the fracture becomes displaced (out of alignment), but by all accounts, there is no concern for Anderson moving forward when it comes to his neck.

2018 – Torn ACL
Just two games into the 2018 campaign after a breakout year in 2017, bad luck found Anderson again as the team faced off against UCLA. Late in the first quarter, Anderson suffered a right knee injury, which was later confirmed as a torn ACL. He underwent surgery to reconstruct the torn ligament and began rehabbing shortly thereafter. Now about five months removed from surgery, it’s unclear what exactly Anderson is doing at this point in his rehab and in his offseason program. Typically at five months out, athletes are running in a straight line and doing some light agility work. However, cutting and participating in football-specific drills aren’t typically started until about six or seven months out at the earliest. With the NFL combine set to begin in early March, it’s possible that we may not get to see Anderson perform in all of the drills, especially those that involve cutting. If he does compete there, it will certainly be at less than 100%, so dynasty owners will need to consider this when evaluating the Texas native for their rookie drafts. When we consider Anderson for the 2019 season, I have no reservations about his availability to participate in training camp and be ready for Week 1 of the 2019 season. However, this torn ACL will make Anderson more likely to suffer a subsequent ACL injury during his playing time in the NFL.

https://www.dynastynerds.com/understanding-rodney-andersons-injury-history/
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:51 AM)Second Down Wrote: I'm going to wait for an official word. There is no way they could have the full picture of his injury that quickly during the half time radio show. 

There's always the possibility. But they know as soon as they check the knee while on the field if the ACL is torn. That doesn't take long at all.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 10:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see how Jonah can rebuilt strength in that arm in time to return.

I would say the same thing but then why hasn't the team placed him on IR if that is where he is going to end up?  To be designated for return the player has to be on the final 53.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote