Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Rodney Anderson situation
(08-28-2019, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was with you till you said pound for pound he might be more talented than Mixon...

I love how Anderson catches the ball and runs though, extremely smooth.

I've always been a Gio Bernard fan, but a healthy Rodney Anderson could take his place as the 3rd down/change of pace back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Haha I said might.
Funny if Anderson was not a Bengal and he did
The same thing to our defense people on this
Board would be saying how silly he made our
Would be tacklers look.......
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 02:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Haha I said might.
Funny if Anderson was not a Bengal and he did
The same thing to our defense people on this
Board would be saying how silly he made our
Would be tacklers look.......

Might is definitely the key word there...

There isn't a RB in the entire NFL I find to be more talented than Mixon. My opinion of course.

Mixon is bigger, faster, stronger, has just as good of vision, has just as good of hands and actually has stayed healthy most of his career. Anderson needs to stay healthy for more than one preseason game before I can even think of him on the roster. His injury history is more concerning than any college RB I have seen in a long time. But he is damn good when he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 02:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've always been a Gio Bernard fan, but a healthy Rodney Anderson could take his place as the 3rd down/change of pace back.

Has great hands, don't know if he can pick up the blitz like Gio can though or stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Yea so, I'm not seeing much of a situation for Rodney Anderson that everyone was talking about
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
Well he limped off the field and headed to the locker room so keep your fingers crossed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 08:26 PM)xEGDx Wrote: Yea so, I'm not seeing much of a situation for Rodney Anderson that everyone was talking about

You’re not impressed with his sterling YPC?
Reply/Quote
That was a beautiful hole for Ellis.. havent seen that in a long while
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Anderson did not injure anything seriously
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 09:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hopefully Anderson did not injure anything seriously

the injury is to the same knee as his acl tear.  Hopefully, he is out due to an abundance of caution

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 08:43 PM)pally Wrote: Well he limped off the field and headed to the locker room so keep your fingers crossed

It didnt look bad he wasnt even limping headed to the locker room. It looked pre-cautionary but I've been wrong before.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 09:05 PM)pally Wrote: the injury is to the same knee as his acl tear.  Hopefully, he is out due to an abundance of caution

If that is the case I do believe that athletes with ACL surgery have somewhat stronger knees in that area
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
One says he was limping the other says he wasn't. Im watching UC. Which one was it?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 10:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: One says he was limping the other says he wasn't. Im watching UC. Which one was it?

After the play he got up and limped to the sideline without stopping play (no trainers) but when he was walking from the sideline to the locker room he didnt look like he was limping. They called it a right knee.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Tobin hinted to Anderson being done for the season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 08:59 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: That was a beautiful hole for Ellis.. havent seen that in a long while

There are several websites you could check out for those
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 10:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tobin hinted to Anderson being done for the season.

Lame. Hope Trayveon is healthy. We could go 3 RBs if he is and Ellis would be smart to stick in our practice squad since he knows the O and is one ankle twist away from a call up
Reply/Quote
It is why he fell in the draft...he was hurt a lot.

Lawson fell in the draft because he was hurt a lot too...and bam out for the season last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 10:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tobin hinted to Anderson being done for the season.

He did?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sucks if he tore his ACL you kinda feel bad for the kid. The Bengals took a chance on a very talented and injury prone player in Anderson in the 6th round who had a legit shot at making the team versus drafting a less skilled 6th rounder who was more likely to get cut. Can't really blame the Bengals for taking a flier on a talented injury prone player in round 6. Their still in good shape at RB with Mixion, Bernard and Trayveon Williams who lead the SEC in rushing last season.
Reply/Quote