Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Rodney Anderson situation
While I think Mixon can handle 3rd down duties, I know of one ex-Bengal who I spoke with who thought Mixon wasn't a complete back and that might temper his contract requests. Mainly he doubted Mixon's inside running ability. Not sure I agree with this, but I thought I'd throw that out there. At least in his opinion, Mixon is not a 3rd down bruiser.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 04:44 PM)Goalpost Wrote: While I think Mixon can handle 3rd down duties, I know of one ex-Bengal who I spoke with who thought Mixon wasn't a complete back and that might temper his contract requests. Mainly he doubted Mixon's inside running ability. Not sure I agree with this, but I thought I'd throw that out there. At least in his opinion, Mixon is not a 3rd down bruiser.

You been talking to Jeremy Hill again?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The combination of Ellis and Anderson will make Gio expendable next season.

I think Giovani Bernard has seen better days. To my eye he never appeared to have recovered after that insane hit from Ryan Shazier in the last playoff game. It pains me to say this because Gio is one of my all time favorite Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 04:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He reminds me of a Larry Johnson in his prime with
The Chiefs.

How is it the Chiefs have pro bowl running backs every damn year. This year look out for Thompson he’s been killing it
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 04:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He reminds me of a Larry Johnson in his prime with
The Chiefs.

I’m thinking Barry Sanders in his prime
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 05:18 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: How is it the Chiefs have pro bowl running backs every damn year.  This year look out for Thompson he’s been killing it

Damien Williams will be KC feature back.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 05:18 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: How is it the Chiefs have pro bowl running backs every damn year. This year look out for Thompson he’s been killing it

It's Andy Reid... Watch what Kareem Hunt looks like this year when he gets back. He looked to be a top RB in KC. We're gonna see that he can't carry Nick Chubb's jock (that sounded awful). Reid's done good things with Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West... And I agree Darwin Thompson is next.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:28 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Every year there is player that 31 teams pass on in the later RDs.
The next thing you know he's making plays
And he's a top 10 at his position.
Anderson showed some traits vs the Giants that the great
RBs possession.
Speed...accerlation..ability to make tacklers
Miss.
How do you get him touches with a Joe Mixon
On the roster?
Pound for pound he might be more talented
Than Mixon by a eyelash.
If ZT is creative as if we think he is....Anderson
Will see the field.
He might be too good to let stand on the
Sidelines.

Anderson had the best 8 carries for 7 yards at .9 yards per pop preseason debut in history! I'm sure they are already designing his HOF bust! What makes it more impressive is he had an 8 yard run!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 01:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was a big fan of taking both backs in the 6th round. Looking like we hit on both. And Ellis looks like the type of UDFA that sticks around the NFL awhile.

I thought we were trying to showcase Gio and maybe get his stock up for a trade. I still think the Bucs could use him. I love him and he is tough as nails. But the future is here. He could be a surprise cut but I doubt it. We have to make sure the young guys can stay healthy first.

We have been putrid running the ball. How can you say we hit on both backs? We have no idea. It's 3 preseason games. 3!

You guys do this EVERY year where you act like we landed HOF players.

Anderson averaged .9 ypc against the Giants. .9!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:15 PM)NKURyan Wrote: This has been in the back of my mind, too. The Mixon negotiations could be interesting.

But, at the same time the Bengals have shown a willingness to pay their own guys, and it's not like they're going to spend that money anywhere else so... maybe it gets done with no issue?

It will be interesting. Will they pay a RB $12-15 million a year?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have been putrid running the ball. How can you say we hit on both backs? We have no idea. It's 3 preseason games. 3!

Stop it.

His ability to shed blocks and move in space was on full display and he will have more opportunities like this, in his time with us.

That's why people are excited, not because, "we have a terrible running game."

If people are blowing smoke, its one thing, but stop constantly shitting on people positive perception of POSITIVE things about this team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 12:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stop it.

His ability to shed blocks and move in space was on full display and he will have more opportunities like this, in his time with us.

That's why people are excited, not because, "we have a terrible running game."

If people are blowing smoke, its one thing, but stop constantly shitting on people positive perception of POSITIVE things about this team.

He averaged .9 ypc. We see this show every year in preseason where guys are hyped.

Maybe in time this guy will develop and he did have some nice catches...but .9 ypc. No conclusion can be drawn by that.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 12:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He averaged .9 ypc. We see this show every year in preseason where guys are hyped.

Maybe in time this guy will develop and he did have some nice catches...but .9 ypc. No conclusion can be drawn by that.

You're right. My bad. I was hype as hell about Walton and his 3 arrest month and then nothing else behind our two RBs. One of which is a free agent next year. We hit on our two 6th round RBs because it was a major flashing red light need.

hater
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have been putrid running the ball. How can you say we hit on both backs? We have no idea. It's 3 preseason games. 3!

We hit on both because Walton average 1ypc last year got arrested three times this off-season and then cut. Gio will be a free agent next year. And we had nothing behind Gio and Mixon. And if we had to line up with either of our 6th round picks as a starter for a game this year I wouldn't feel bad about it. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 12:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No conclusion can be drawn by that.

Says someone who seems pretty eager to draw conclusions based on that.

He had 8 carries. The fact that people keep throwing around his YPC like it means anything at this point with such a miniscule sample size is pretty mind boggling TBH. Quite frankly, I don't even get it - here's a positive story in the middle of the pre-season about a guy coming back from some pretty horrific injuries to play football for the first time in forever, he makes a couple awesome runs after catch, shows off some moves, and what do some people want to point out? His YPC on 8 rushes where he was basically directed to run straight ahead into the back of his lineman every single time. Come on...
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 12:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He averaged .9 ypc. We see this show every year in preseason where guys are hyped.

Horrible YPC has absolutely *0* to do with what I said.

I repeat; people are excited about him, because of his tackle-shedding and moves in space.

Not a single person has said that he's going to run for 2,500 yards this year.

Knock the run blocking, absolutely, but don't rain on people's excitement for a player's ability, vs. what he actually will accomplish, which, indeed, cannot have a conclusion drawn at this time.

Furthermore, he gained more yards after contact than actual yards gained, thus indeed has SOME ability, as seen from that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have been putrid running the ball. How can you say we hit on both backs? We have no idea. It's 3 preseason games. 3!

Yeah, but he looks like Barry Sanders and Larry Johnson!

Two, sylistically, completely different running backs.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Horrible YPC has absolutely *0* to do with what I said.

I repeat; people are excited about him, because of his tackle-shedding and moves in space.

Not a single person has said that he's going to run for 2,500 yards this year.

Knock the run blocking, absolutely, but don't rain on people's excitement for a player's ability, vs. what he actually will accomplish, which, indeed, cannot have a conclusion drawn at this time.

Furthermore, he gained more yards after contact than actual yards gained, thus indeed has SOME ability, as seen from that.

Especially since they took a flier on the guy late in the 6th round. If you can get *anything* from your sixth rounders, that's a solid pick.
Reply/Quote
It's pre-season, numbers do not matter. If you can't look at Anderson run the ball and know that if he stays healthy he can be something special, then you just don't know much about football.
Reply/Quote
Maybe its just me but I didnt think Anderson looked that great at all, maybe Ill pay more attention to him this week but I didnt see the speed and ability to make guys miss at all. I mean I saw a guy miss him on a catch and run but it was awkward and the defender overran the play
Reply/Quote