Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steelers Never Take Us Seriously, Let's Hope Next Week Is Different
Last time we beat the Steelers was in 2015. That was the year we lost to them in the wildcard and went 1-2 against them. They never take us serious. I've read and heard comments from Steeler players of the past and current that feel they always find a way to beat us or watch us beat ourselves.

The real test to see how good we are this year will be next Sunday against the Steelers. We do find a way to crumble against them. Let's see if this year will be different.

I'm hoping we embarrass them next week, because theres no team I despise more than Shitsburgh.
Reply/Quote
The next couple of weeks are going to let us know what this team is all about. 2 really tough games against the Steelers and Chiefs. I feel that this team looks different this year. They're hanging in and finding ways to win in games that I don't think they would've won in the past. Instead of crumbling, this team stands tall. They have a punchers chance in every game. A win against the Steelers next week would be huge. If they are sitting 6-2 or 7-1 at the Bye, that would be huge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
at the moment I cant see the Bengals winning.
yes the Bengals are 4 and 1.
but this team cant wait till the 4th q to come alive
the Dolphins are not very good the Bengals struggled.
Im still seeing leaky pass protection. missed tackles dropped picks.
little.things we cant afford vs Pittsburgh.
our d line will need to play lights out vs the best oline in the NFL.
and the Steelers dline always makes it a long vs Dslton.
Reply/Quote
until we beat them they have no reason to take us seriously.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 07:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: at the moment I cant see the Bengals winning.
yes the Bengals  are 4 and 1.

I can agree on most if not all of this. They will need to shore up that pass pro for sure. I think this game comes down to who flinches first. I hope we play good, clean football and beat them convincingly. I don't want someone taking cheap shots on PuPu, I just want us to shut them down. I'm sick and tired of them coming here and winning. A convincing Bengals win would do wonders for the Steelers locker room right now!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Ross is healthy to keep the safeties honest. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the Dolphins played a *lot* of snaps with 8 men in the box and I think a lot of it had to with the fact that once Green was doubled we didn't have a deep threat.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 07:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: at the moment I cant see the Bengals winning.
yes the Bengals  are 4 and 1.

(10-07-2018, 07:32 PM)pally Wrote: until we beat them they have no reason to take us seriously.

(10-07-2018, 07:46 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I can agree on most if not all of this. They will need to shore up that pass pro for sure. I think this game comes down to who flinches first. I hope we play good, clean football and beat them convincingly. I don't want someone taking cheap shots on PuPu, I just want us to shut them down. I'm sick and tired of them coming here and winning. A convincing Bengals win would do wonders for the Steelers locker room right now!  Hilarious

I agree with you guys, there's no doubt in my mind the Steelers get into the Bengal players heads and always find a way to lose even when they should clearly win. This team could beat them next week if they pull it together. Pittsburgh is very beatable, but its going to take a focused tough Bengal team with a good game plan to do it.

Will they? If I was laying cash on it I'd definitely say no.... but my heart wants to see the Bengals give them a blood bath...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 07:53 PM)treee Wrote: Hopefully Ross is healthy to keep the safeties honest. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the Dolphins played a *lot* of snaps with 8 men in the box and I think a lot of it had to with the fact that once Green was doubled we didn't have a deep threat.

I think Ross was missed a lot today. The drop off in Boyd’s numbers were a direct result, imo.

Reply/Quote
The next two games are the most important of the season. If we beat shitsburgh, it gives us a nice comfortable lead in division(thanks Cleveland) we have to win next Sunday bad. The chiefs are a whole different animal. Somebody’s going to beat them, why not us? I remember back in 2003 when they were 8-0 and came here and we shocked them with a win. We can go there and do the same thing again. Kcs doesn’t have many weaknesses, but their defense would be the closest one. Contain mahomes, and hope that Andy comes to play.
Reply/Quote
We have to play our butts off to beat the Steelers. They seemed to wake up today just in time for the Bengals as usual. We will find out what we are made of next week. I know we have a team that can beat them this year, but we have to go full on all game and we cant shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid mistakes. Our defense must continue to step up and they need to pressure Ben early late and often.
Reply/Quote
we need that one player to step up. be that Steelers killer....before we had Chris Henry
or Reggie Nelson.
William Jackson is having a off year and Antonio Brown.is getting on track.
Im really hoping John Ross is healthy enough to play.
Boyd and Green struggled at times vs the Dolphins bracket coverage.
its gonna take all 33 starters to play at a high level to beat the Steelers
Reply/Quote
Not afraid of the Steelers. These guys find a way to win. Offense and Defense will play lights out next week. Gonna be awesome.

Reply/Quote
A win over them will pretty much destroy their post season chances. If you want to send a message that this year is different then that is the time to do it. With that in mind, we can expect the Steelers to throw everything they have at us. They are in desperation mode and almost every game is a must win.

What I like about this team, is that even though we have a 4-1 record, we know how important a win over the Steelers is. Even if we are undefeated and they are winless, our recent history will not allow this team to take the Steelers lightly.
Reply/Quote
Something happened at half time today. Not sure if it was the coaches putting feet in people's asses, or if the team held meetings among the respective units. Whatever it was that transpired, it worked.

At one point in the 1st half, Mixon had exactly 19 yds. on 10 carries. He finished the game with 93 on 22 carries. That is a night and day difference. Did Joe somehow come out a different man in the 2nd half, or did something else happen? I'm putting my money on "something else", as from what I witnessed, the OL was opening some good holes in the 2nd half.

Same goes with the DL. In the 1st half, Geno and Carlos were shut out on the stat sheet. They came out in the 2nd half, quickly slowed the Miami momentum, holding them to a FG, and not allowing another point to be scored. Not only did they shut Miami's offense down, they took the damn ball and scored it...TWICE! It was good to see the much maligned MJ get a moment in the spotlight, just like it was nice to see rookie Sam Hubbard step up and assume his role, as the next great Bengal defensive lineman.

Like I said originally, something happened at half time today. We've been bitching for years about lack of half time adjustments under Marvin Lewis. I like what I saw in those adjustments, today.

If the team can continue to play top competition, and not get rattled if they get behind, implement the adjustments and roll on? They should be able to keep up with the Steelers next week.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Would love to see history tweaked a little bit next week, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

The last 10 years, Bengals own the Ravens, Ravens own the Steelers, and Steelers own the Bengals.

I want to be wrong, but I just have a feeling we will see them come into Cincy, start pushing buttons, with animated end zone celebrations, 'after the whistle' penalties on the Stripes, and a Bengal or two will get ejected, especially if they go after Juju!

Don't wanna be right about this, but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
The Pittsburgh Steelers look at the Cincinnati Bengals like the Cincinnati Bengals look at the Cleveland Browns: A sure win.

It’s true and we all know it.

There’s only one way to change this.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 09:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not afraid of the Steelers. These guys find a way to win. Offense and Defense will play lights out next week. Gonna be awesome.

The issue is that even when we are finding ways to win vs other teams we still, statistically speaking, do not find ways to win against the Steelers.  We are 3-12 against them since we turned the proverbial corner in 2011 and entered the golden age of Bengals football.

(10-07-2018, 09:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Pittsburgh Steelers look at the Cincinnati Bengals like the Cincinnati Bengals look at the Cleveland Browns:  A sure win.

It’s true and we all know it. 

There’s only one way to change this.

Agreed.  To put it in perspective, Dalton would have to sweep the Steelers each year for the next 5 years to have a winning record against them.  Well, that one loss was the McCarron game, but you get the idea.
Reply/Quote
Well...the only way to change things it to win. Until then I have no faith. Seen it way too often.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well...the only way to change things it to win. Until then I have no faith. Seen it way too often.

Glad to see folk like you, michaelsean, that aren't afraid to rest the laurels on the history .... hoping it will change, but until it does ....
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon will be the key to next week's game. If he can get going early, then the Steelers pass rush will have to respect him and hold back a bit going after Andy. The play of the o-line was troubling today. The Fins were getting hands on Andy quite a bit and there were several near misses that would have gotten a QB with less awareness killed.

TJ Watt has been a terror this year, and Dupree is no slouch, either. They are, however, a fairly pedestrian linebacking corps up the middle with Shazier gone. There's no super-fast seeker like him to wreak havoc anymore. This needs to be exploited early.

I think Gio is missed more than many might realize. Not having that security blanket to dump off to when everyone downfield is covered has to be tough on a QB. I think this was evident today and will need to be resolved before next week.
Reply/Quote