Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steelers Never Take Us Seriously, Let's Hope Next Week Is Different
(10-10-2018, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And it is another thing for someone to get so upset when things are going well that he has to start a thread devoted to imagining what bad stuff is going to happen.

It is okay to expect the worst.  It is another thing to obsess on it so much that you spend time trying to decide what bad things are going to happen.

I agree with you 100%, but do we need to keep egging this guy on? Just let this silly argument die.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: I feel like we the fans, come up with reasoning before a game with the Steelers on how this year will be different for a vast amount of reasons and yet still lose.

I don't think we are going to win this one at all. In fact I hope we dont get blown out with a score of 35-17. I would love nothing more than to beat these assholes...but we never do....no matter the coaching change, player change. 

Normally, I'm right there with you GodFather, you know that.  There's just something different about these guys......I can't put my finger on it.  I mean, I thought for SURE that we were toast in ATL after the Eifert injury and the subsequent two plays.  I figured we'd get blown out of the building after the TOs in Carolina.....we were in that one late.  I thought for sure the TNF game would be a laugher.....and that the Ravens would pummel us.  I figured no way in hell they come back Sunday.

No, something this season DOES feel different.  I mean hell, friggin Dalton is out there bitching at refs and getting pulled off of the field by coaches man! LMAO :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll add this too.....I've been rather surprised by the start this team has came out of the gate with. I suspected around 9-7 for this team, and that next year would be the best year this group would have after adding a couple more pieces here and there.....like a LB and RT. I also figured the line would need time to gel, and both units would have some learning curve with new coordinators. All of that has happened quicker than I anticipated.

That said......I also understand the "fool me once...." way of looking at things too.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Normally, I'm right there with you GodFather, you know that.  There's just something different about these guys......I can't put my finger on it.  I mean, I thought for SURE that we were toast in ATL after the Eifert injury and the subsequent two plays.  I figured we'd get blown out of the building after the TOs in Carolina.....we were in that one late.  I thought for sure the TNF game would be a laugher.....and that the Ravens would pummel us.  I figured no way in hell they come back Sunday.

No, something this season DOES feel different.  I mean hell, friggin Dalton is out there bitching at refs and getting pulled off of the field by coaches man! LMAO :andy:

Hey buddy I hope your right I really do. Ill be pulling for them Sunday and cheering them on. Lets hope your intuition is right on this one!!
Reply/Quote
If the Steelers didn't take us seriously they wouldn't be 9-1 against us in our last 10. Hell the amount of fights and general dumb stuff that happens in these games wouldn't happen if they didn't. They treat it like they would any other game with the extra bump of talking shit after. They don't act like it's the superbowl, but they don't fake it like it isn't great to beat the shit out of us.

And the team can't keep up with their recent run of success. They have to win normally, not rely on 4th quarter comebacks with a ton of luck involved (3 defensive TDs happening is not sustainable especially with how they happened)
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 01:13 PM)eoxyod Wrote: If the Steelers didn't take us seriously they wouldn't be 9-1 against us in our last 10. Hell the amount of fights and general dumb stuff that happens in these games wouldn't happen if they didn't. They treat it like they would any other game with the extra bump of talking shit after. They don't act like it's the superbowl, but they don't fake it like it isn't great to beat the shit out of us.

And the team can't keep up with their recent run of success. They have to win normally, not rely on 4th quarter comebacks with a ton of luck involved (3 defensive TDs happening is not sustainable especially with how they happened)

Good point.  I'd also point out that it was clear last year the Steelers didn't take the Jaguars seriously, and the Jaguars beat them twice in their own stadium.  That's a sign of not taking a team seriously.  
Reply/Quote
I think Lazor needs to play ball control and keep Big Ben off the field as much as he can.
the Bengals right just dont have enough firepower
to matchup with the Steelers.especially if Ross isnt suited up. Cincy defense will asked again to decide this game.
Reply/Quote
theirs more pressure on the Bengals than the Steelers right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 01:26 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Lazor needs to play ball control and keep Big Ben off the field as much as he can.
the Bengals right just dont have enough firepower
to matchup with the Steelers.especially if Ross isnt suited up. Cincy defense will asked again to decide this game.

If the Stealer DBs were not bad, I would agree with you. I think we need to take advantage of this. Our strongest unit against their weakest unit. I do think the Stealers will try to play a more ball control offense for the same reason. Their TE McDonald is a beast also, something else to think about.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 01:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: theirs more pressure on the Bengals than the Steelers right now.

The Steelers are looking at a possibly lost season if they lose to us. They are definitely under more pressure 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 01:13 PM)eoxyod Wrote: If the Steelers didn't take us seriously they wouldn't be 9-1 against us in our last 10. Hell the amount of fights and general dumb stuff that happens in these games wouldn't happen if they didn't. They treat it like they would any other game with the extra bump of talking shit after. They don't act like it's the superbowl, but they don't fake it like it isn't great to beat the shit out of us.

Ive seen interviews with Steelers saying they always think going in against us they will win because we find ways to lose. Ive heard it over the years from multiple players in interviews going back to Jerome Betis. 

No, I venture to guess they already are planning a win in the column this upcoming Sunday..
Reply/Quote
The issue with Pittsburgh has never been necessarily matchup or talent, but almost always mental. The Bengals consistently underperform/meltdown against this team. Based off of talent and matchups alone, we really should be around .500 since 2011 against Pittsburgh. But, as it has been well documented, we have 3 measly wins out of 14 matchups. That is insane!

My point here is that based off of recent history in this matchup, there is good reason to think we will lose this game, no matter what kind of players we have relative to the Steelers. I hope we win. I think we can win. But as we've seen, there is a very real possibility of a Marvin/Andy led team losing to the Steelers. This Sunday could be an exception, or maybe even start a reversal in the direction of this rivalry. But it is very logical to predict another loss to this team.
Reply/Quote
They just need to completely forget it is the Steelers and play them the same way they play the Rats or other teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 01:08 PM)GodFather Wrote: Hey buddy I hope your right I really do. Ill be pulling for them Sunday and cheering them on. Lets hope your intuition is right on this one!!

We're Bengals fans, all we have is hope! LOL 

Seriously though.....when Eifert went down, then a sack, then a blocked punt.....didn't you think "how many times have we seen this?  Implosion sequence engaged...."?  They quickly got it back together and went on to play winning football and won in the waning seconds.  That's not our typical Bengals from years past.....

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: We're Bengals fans, all we have is hope! LOL 

Seriously though.....when Eifert went down, then a sack, then a blocked punt.....didn't you think "how many times have we seen this?  Implosion sequence engaged...."?  They quickly got it back together and went on to play winning football and won in the waning seconds.  That's not our typical Bengals from years past.....

The Falcons are 1-4. They aren't good this year. Even though the Steelers also don't have the greatest record so far this season, they will be the true test to see if what you think is true. I will benchmark them with this upcoming weeks game.

I do think if we lose there will be plenty of excuses why we lost and we still are amazing this year LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: The Falcons are 1-4. They aren't good this year. Even though the Steelers also don't have the greatest record so far this season, they will be the true test to see if what you think is true. I will benchmark them with this upcoming weeks game.

I do think if we lose there will be plenty of excuses why we lost and we still are amazing this year LOL

I agree about Atlanta.....they're decimated by injuries.  Still, that was not a typical Bengals game under Merv in the face of adversity.  That's what I took from it.  I still don't think they're a SB contender.....but they have surprised me a bit, and definitely not the dumpster fire they've been the last two seasons.  A couple more bold offseason moves and another good draft, and next year looks solid.....maybe a legit contender.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree about Atlanta.....they're decimated by injuries.  Still, that was not a typical Bengals game under Merv in the face of adversity.  That's what I took from it.  I still don't think they're a SB contender.....but they have surprised me a bit, and definitely not the dumpster fire they've been the last two seasons.  A couple more bold offseason moves and another good draft, and next year looks solid.....maybe a legit contender.

They're also way different on the road than in that dome.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: I do think if we lose there will be plenty of excuses why we lost and we still are amazing this year LOL

And if we win there will be certain people here who claim it means nothing because the Steelers have a losing record.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 06:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And if we win there will be certain people here who claim it means nothing because the Steelers have a losing record.

Those folks certainly would be clueless to the 'history' of these 2 teams.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 06:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And if we win there will be certain people here who claim it means nothing because the Steelers have a losing record.

If we beat Pittsburgh Sunday it will make a major statement. 
Reply/Quote