Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS MARVIN LEWIS' Mega Thread}
(01-07-2016, 01:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no problem with change if we can hire Belichick, but he did not even make the playoffs the one season that Brady was injured.  And if does not need talent why are the Pats only 2-4 since they started getting hit by injuries?  Over the last decade his teams have featured dozens of Pro Bowl and All Pro players.

Why don't you go back and read what I actually said instead of just spewing this same old nonsense.  It has been proven over and over again in this league that change just for the sake of change rarely works.  There have been a few rare exceptions, but generally you don't get a coach who wins as much as Marvin from the roster of unemployed coaches.  So I have no problem with change as long as it is a proven upgrade.  But I have a problem with change just for the sake of change becaue the history of the NFL proves that it rarely works.
I read what you said, you obviously didn't read my comments about Zimmer and Gruden and how they are in the exact same position we are and have a chance of either tying our PO record in 2 years on the job or outright beating it. While you choose to focus on Cleveland like failures (which quite frankly doesn't seem like something a "secure" person would do btw), i focus on those 2 successes with Bengals ties. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:17 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I read what you said, you obviously didn't read my comments about Zimmer and Gruden and how they are in the exact same position we are and have a chance of either tying our PO record in 2 years on the job or outright beating it. While you choose to focus on Cleveland like failures, i focus on those 2 successes with Bengals ties. Smirk

How can you call Zim and Gruden "successes" when they have not accomplished what Marvin has?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How can you call Zim and Gruden "successes" when they have not accomplished what Marvin has?

LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Let's pick this up on Monday.  

night fred.

Reply/Quote
I've thought more about it, and you can't reward that much playoff failure w/ another year to coach.
I believe if this game is lost on Saturday, they should waste no time and announce Marvin's being let go early Sunday morning, at the same time they release a meeting that afternoon w/ Hue.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
And if you were Hue, would you rather go to Miami, San Fran, Cleveland, or remain in Cincy?
Cleveland is a no-brainier cross off the list - great place to end a career - would last 2 years at most.
Cincy has a lot already to have success and a possible playoff win the following year. I think Cincy could get the deal done rather quickly.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lewis has only had the better team once when he lost a playoff game.  Chargers in '13.

I've read posts from you a number of times talking about how analysts last year picked the Bengals to win over the Colts. So do you actually believe that the Bengals only playoff game they weren't outmatched in was in 2013 or do you just like to post things you don't believe when it's convenient for an argument?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 04:21 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I've read posts from you a number of times talking about how analysts last year picked the Bengals to win over the Colts. So do you actually believe that the Bengals only playoff game they weren't outmatched in was in 2013 or do you just like to post things you don't believe when it's convenient for an argument?

I post the comments about the media picking the Bengals last year to disprove the claim that we get no respect around the league, but personally I did not think we had much of a chance of winning last year.

No contradiction here.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 04:21 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I've read posts from you a number of times talking about how analysts last year picked the Bengals to win over the Colts. So do you actually believe that the Bengals only playoff game they weren't outmatched in was in 2013 or do you just like to post things you don't believe when it's convenient for an argument?

I was at the game in Indy,, did not take me long to know we were in trouble when our WRs were Birkhead and Hamilton and our TE was Brock... OH MY GOD
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 10:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was at the game in Indy,, did not take me long to know we were in trouble when our WRs were Birkhead and Hamilton and our TE was Brock... OH MY GOD

I'd definitely prefer to be in the position we are in this year rather than last year.
A Healthy Andy w/ nobody else vs. AJ Mac and a healthy everyone else... I am anxious to see if the weather affects the passing game any (which I'd have to believe favors Cincy).  I'm also anxious to see if AJMac figures out the zone coverage reads or not. 

In exactly 24 hours it begins!!!
Reply/Quote
God yes, I feel much better about our chances tomorrow than last year.. though we are an underdog again (5 out of 7 of the playoffs games) I still think we have a good chance to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:22 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I personally think Marvin should have been gone after the 4th Playoff loss.

The poop either floats to the top or sinks to the bottom. In this case it has floated to the top.    Marvin doesn't know how to get his team ready for Primetime or Playoff games. PERIOD.

And it seems to me the Bengals Ownership is happy just to get into the playoffs year after year and do nothing from there - If that's the case, might as well just stick with Marvin

A blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while

The problem I have with this, is shouldn't marvin have at least lucked into one by now. I mean the laws of averages and all
Reply/Quote
If it was a diffrent back up qb I'd maybe give marvin a pass. But you've got a kid in aj, that went into denver and played well enough against the number 1 defense, to be within a missed nugent field goal of getting out of there with a win. Marvin should go if they come out flat
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:57 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: If it was a diffrent back up qb I'd maybe give marvin a pass. But you've got a kid in aj, that went into denver and played well enough against the number 1 defense, to be within a missed nugent field goal of getting out of there with a win.  Marvin should go if they come out flat

He fumbled the snap in OT.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:57 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: If it was a diffrent back up qb I'd maybe give marvin a pass. But you've got a kid in aj, that went into denver and played well enough against the number 1 defense, to be within a missed nugent field goal of getting out of there with a win.  Marvin should go if they come out flat

Agreed. McCarron is a good enough backup to win at home with a more talented roster. No excuses.

(01-08-2016, 11:05 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He fumbled the snap in OT.

He took them to OT. On the road. Against a great opponent.

So in theory, he should be able to compete against a slightly worse team (than the Broncos) at home.

Besides, it's not just McCarron out there saturday. This roster is better than Pittsburgh's even with McCarron.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:17 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: But if this team were to lose this game this week, Marvin Lewis needs to go!

All of us already know that is not going to happen.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 11:58 PM)Interceptor Wrote: All of us already know that is not going to happen.

I'd feel quite sick losing Hue and being left w/ Marvin if we lose this game.
If we win, yes, I'm fine w/ it.  But if this game is a loss, we shouldn't let Hue walk, but rather give him an offer he can't refuse.
Reply/Quote
THE BENGALS ARE GOING TO WIN. THIS IS A REALLY GOOD TEAM.

Each guy just needs to do his job and skill positions take care of the ball.

Leave it all on the field and we win. I don't care what they got we're better.

Just go play your arses off.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 12:24 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'd feel quite sick losing Hue and being left w/ Marvin if we lose this game.
If we win, yes, I'm fine w/ it.  But if this game is a loss, we shouldn't let Hue walk, but rather give him an offer he can't refuse.

What if we lose because the offense totally fails?
Reply/Quote
I really, really hate to have to come back here now and point out the very obvious...

Marvin needs to be fired by high noon tomorrow! That's it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:13 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I really, really hate to have to come back here now and point out the very obvious...

Marvin needs to be fired by high noon tomorrow!  That's it.

Fired for Mike Brown spells

E X T E N S I O N 
Reply/Quote