Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS MARVIN LEWIS' Mega Thread}
(01-10-2016, 02:26 AM)GodFather Wrote: Fired for Mike Brown spells

E X T E N S I O N 

I'm not going to make threats or say something more stupid than I may have already said tonight, but if Marvin isn't fired this weekend, I will be extremely disappointed.  It's the right thing to do.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:28 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm not going to make threats or say something more stupid than I may have already said tonight, but if Marvin isn't fired this weekend, I will be extremely disappointed.  It's the right thing to do.  

12-4, Who Dey! Successful season! Division Champs!
Reply/Quote
This season, anything short of AFC Championship game was going to be disappointing.
This is way beyond disappointing is what this was.
This was the kind of thing that's very hard to recover from.

And w/o some change (like HC), there's really not much hope for anything to be different next time around.
So what if they go 12-4; 13-3; 14-2; whoopee! Don't care really about 16-0. It seems like 16-0 for this team is an inevitable 16-1. We need something different and the only logical consistent thread through this painful time of year for us has been Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
As Wildcat said in another thread...

Quote:WildCat
first coach in NFL history to go 0-7 in the playoffs. that stat is and in of itself.
0-7 in the playoffs.
To continue from here is simply not acceptable.  
Reply/Quote
I've been a defender of Marvin for a long time. I'm sort of ready to move on at this point. I'm not ready to move on so badly that I want Marvin out yesterday. I only want to move on if there's a plan in place for who will replace him, and only if it is an obvious upgrade. With that said, I'm willing to entertain the notion. I'll always like Marvin Lewis. I'll always respect what he did making this franchise into something competitive. I'm not sure he's the guy to get us over the hump. I think this team is like the early 2000s Detroit Pistons. Rick Carlisle made that team, but he couldn't get them over the hump. Ultimately the Pistons hired Larry Brown, who won the championship with them, and kept them as top contenders for several years. I think we're at the same place, we just need a Larry Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:09 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I've been a defender of Marvin for a long time. I'm sort of ready to move on at this point. I'm not ready to move on so badly that I want Marvin out yesterday. I only want to move on if there's a plan in place for who will replace him, and only if it is an obvious upgrade. With that said, I'm willing to entertain the notion. I'll always like Marvin Lewis. I'll always respect what he did making this franchise into something competitive. I'm not sure he's the guy to get us over the hump. I think this team is like the early 2000s Detroit Pistons. Rick Carlisle made that team, but he couldn't get them over the hump. Ultimately the Pistons hired Larry Brown, who won the championship with them, and kept them as top contenders for several years. I think we're at the same place, we just need a Larry Brown.

I find much agreement w/ what you've said here.  We need someone else to take it from here to get to the next level.  
Reply/Quote
This team will never win a playoff game with Lewis as head coach 0-7 now give me a break, fire this guy. All the talent on that team and he cant win in the playoffs. He had his chance and failed big time.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:24 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: This team will never win a playoff game with Lewis as head coach 0-7 now give me a break, fire this guy. All the talent on that team and he cant win in the playoffs. He had his chance and failed big time.

You are absolutely right.
I must say, if this decision fails to be made, there will be a message sent.  If to nobody else, it's to me.  But it should be clear to all of you as well.  And I still have to decide exactly what to do w/ that message.  But I'm still trusting the right decision is made and we hear about it tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
 One can only hope they fire Lewis but the next big problem is most top level coaches dont want to come to Cincy and have to deal with Brown.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is safe. He ended the season 12-4 with the last 3 games starting a backup QB (and most of the Steelers game). I want Marvin go so bad, but like the wildcard game I'm not going to get my hopes up to just have them crushed (even though I thought we won when Burfict got the INT, and my hopes were crushed shortly after).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:42 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote:  One can only hope they fire Lewis but the next big problem is most top level coaches dont want to come to Cincy and have to deal with Brown.

IDK.  
Maybe you're right.  But I'd have to think the amount of talent on this team we could get the best available out there.  Some of the teams looking for coaches are dumpster fires.
Reply/Quote
Cincy better hurry because the window for this team is closing.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:47 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Cincy better hurry because the window for this team is closing.

It may have just shut. I don't know how many of these guys the team can bring back next year...

I really hope guys like Dennard get healthy and start playing well.. it's gonna be interesting next season.
Reply/Quote
The thing about windows....
You never can tell how long they will be open.

I hope we can open another quickly, but this one will be closing soon.
Reply/Quote
Just watched Lewis' press conference. He looked like a defeated man with no answers. Would not be surprised if he gives MB his letter of resignation on Monday.
Reply/Quote
He should have been fired before the postgame presser.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love how people seem to want to fire him immediately with no plan. Because, you know, top quality coaches are going to be lining up to take a job where 12-4 seasons get you fired.
Reply/Quote
They let go of the wrong coach. Watch Zimmer win it all....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:54 PM)Interceptor Wrote: They let go of the wrong coach. Watch Zimmer win it all....

I really hate that this is truth.
But nothing to do about it now.
Reply/Quote
According to Adam Schefter, Marvin will be back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote