Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Vontaze Burfict Rule
(03-26-2016, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is it like how the Bengals were "gonna get" Ward for all those years?

Like how they promised he'd "get his"...one day.  But he never did?

Is it like that?

lol. This Steelers fans claim, is akin to Bengals fans claim of "six rings". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 12:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. This Steelers fans claim, is akin to Bengals fans claim of "six rings". 

Nope.  A Steeler fan actually brought this one up first. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 12:51 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Nope.  A Steeler fan actually brought this one up first. 

Naturally.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's so funny watching Steelers fans react when they're getting a taste of their own medicine.

As James Harrison once said "it ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 03:23 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: As expected: Per CBS

Just the first of what will be a long list of rules made to stop Vontaze Burfict's dirty play.

"The Vontaze Burfict Rule"

Meanwhile he isn't mentioned once in the article posted. Norman, Beckham, and Talib all mentioned. Nothing about Burfict.

But hey, at least you tried. It's the thought that counts.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol. Steelers fans aren't afraid of Burfict. Actually the opposite. We love him. He's good for at least 20-30 free yards of offense every game not to mention his ability to make these boners at the best (worst for you Bengal fans) possible times. We wish the Steelers could play against him every week. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 02:28 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: "The Vontaze Burfict Rule"

Meanwhile he isn't mentioned once in the article posted. Norman, Beckham, and Talib all mentioned. Nothing about Burfict.

But hey, at least you tried. It's the thought that counts.

Neither of those 3 guys have as many games with multiple potential disqualifying penalties as Burfict though. So although he's not mentioned specifically, it's his rule.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 08:14 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol. Steelers fans aren't afraid of Burfict. Actually the opposite. We love him. He's good for at least 20-30 free yards of offense every game not to mention his ability to make these boners at the best (worst for you Bengal fans) possible times. We wish the Steelers could play against him every week. 

Ben, Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell would not agree with you.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 08:14 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol. Steelers fans aren't afraid of Burfict. Actually the opposite. We love him. He's good for at least 20-30 free yards of offense every game not to mention his ability to make these boners at the best (worst for you Bengal fans) possible times. We wish the Steelers could play against him every week. 

Which is why a bunch of them (not necessarily anyone here, but the ones who post on NFL Facebook and various websites) want him out of the league before he seriously hurts someone. These are the same dregs that were always propping James Harrison up saying it's still a game of big hits.

Hypocritical crybabies, I say.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 10:36 AM)Beaker Wrote: Ben, Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell would not agree with you.

Meh. I'm sure the extra $25,000 in playoff bonus money that Burfict handed each of them eased some of the pain. He personally sent each of them and their families on a very nice all inclusive vacation during the off season. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 12:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Which is why a bunch of them (not necessarily anyone here, but the ones who post on NFL Facebook and various websites) want him out of the league before he seriously hurts someone. These are the same dregs that were always propping James Harrison up saying it's still a game of big hits.

Hypocritical crybabies, I say.

Hypocrisy flows both ways. 

I'm sure a lot of the crybaby Bengal fans who wanted Harrison out of the league several years ago are defending Burfict.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 12:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Hypocrisy flows both ways. 

I'm sure a lot of the crybaby Bengal fans who wanted Harrison out of the league several years ago are defending Burfict.  Wink

I never made the claim it didn't. But that's a neat little deflection you tried there.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 01:07 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I never made the claim it didn't. But that's a neat little deflection you tried there.

Goal!

[Image: hart.gif]
Reply/Quote
Damn it, why aren't images working anymore?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 08:21 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Neither of those 3 guys have as many games with multiple potential disqualifying penalties as Burfict though. So although he's not mentioned specifically, it's his rule.  Tongue

Besides the ankle twisting, what was the other disqualifying penalty? And I'm being serious, I want to know.

And you must not have watched Talib play. Even last year with the face mask, ripping someone's helmet off, and poking someone's eyes. That's 3 in one year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 12:39 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Meh. I'm sure the extra $25,000 in playoff bonus money that Burfict handed each of them eased some of the pain. He personally sent each of them and their families on a very nice all inclusive vacation during the off season. 

Yeah, I'm sure those players were all too happy to take those injuries to get what equates to an extra $5 in pay.  Rolleyes

Btw, I know you Steelers fans either love or hate Burfict, based on how much you talk about the guy. You honestly can't help yourselves. It's bordering on obsession. But I'm sure that's only because you're thankful for the 1 penalty in the playoff game. It totally has nothing to do with his hits or any butt hurt over injuries to your key players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

First, the failure of the OP, and now this. tsk tsk. You have a lot of work to do. 

Burfict caused one penalty that was mostly due to Brown ducking into the hit. It was an unnecessary risk for Burfict, but not reckless. It was Jones' penalty that wrapped the game for the Steelers. Counter that with knocking out your #1 RB, #1 WR for the playoff game and your starting QB for the end of the Bengals playoff game--it was the coaching staffs incompetence, not realizing Ben was hurt more and unable to throw long accurate passes that lead to the last drive--and the scales tilt to the Bengals favor. Not the Steelers. 

But keep on believing that...or, more likely, A-living in the land of delusion or B-throwing out easy to refute, weak smack. In any event, there's nothing more than a lot of wrong in your OP and this reply. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 02:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First, the failure of the OP, and now this. tsk tsk. You have a lot of work to do. 

Burfict caused one penalty that was mostly due to Brown ducking into the hit. It was an unnecessary risk for Burfict, but not reckless. It was Jones' penalty that wrapped the game for the Steelers. Counter that with knocking out your #1 RB, #1 WR for the playoff game and your starting QB for the end of the Bengals playoff game--it was the coaching staffs incompetence, not realizing Ben was hurt more and unable to throw long accurate passes that lead to the last drive--and the scales tilt to the Bengals favor. Not the Steelers. 

But keep on believing that...or, more likely, A-living in the land of delusion or B-throwing out easy to refute, weak smack. In any event, there's nothing more than a lot of wrong in your OP and this reply. 
"Ducking into the hit", while still a penalty on the defender, at least makes sense as an argument when the offensive player has the ball and the defender doesn't have any time at all to pull up on the tackle. Brown didn't have the ball, and Burfict was going for the big hit regardless of brown or the ball.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 02:45 PM)6andcounting Wrote: "Ducking into the hit", while still a penalty on the defender, at least makes sense as an argument when the offensive player has the ball and the defender doesn't have any time at all to pull up on the tackle. Brown didn't have the ball, and Burfict was going for the big hit regardless of brown or the ball.

Nothing wrong with going for the hit, as long as the target area is proper. The play was close enough that it wouldn't have been a problem minus the head shot. The ball was off Brown's hands and Burfict took one full step before contact.

Reggie Nelson was in the same situation with Owen Daniels a couple weeks before. Proper hit right as the ball arrives. No flag.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 12:39 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Meh. I'm sure the extra $25,000 in playoff bonus money that Burfict handed each of them eased some of the pain. He personally sent each of them and their families on a very nice all inclusive vacation during the off season. 

If you consider physical therapy and rehab an all inclusive vacation.
Reply/Quote