Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Vontaze Burfict Rule
Thread parody fail. At least link an article that mentions Burfict somewhere instead of exclusively talking about how Norman/Beckham inspired this rule. Maybe this could be the Antonio Brown rule, actually.

He does have a penchant for Personal Fouls - especially for a WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 02:45 PM)6andcounting Wrote: "Ducking into the hit", while still a penalty on the defender, at least makes sense as an argument when the offensive player has the ball and the defender doesn't have any time at all to pull up on the tackle. Brown didn't have the ball, and Burfict was going for the big hit regardless of brown or the ball.

Look, what he did was stupid and in my opinion could have been avoided, but he was in no way going for the big hit. Vontaze could have obliterated brown on that play as opposed to the sideswipe that occurred. AB got off easy on that sequence of events in contrast to what could have happened to him.

Reply/Quote
You can't really say the new ejection rule is about Burfict when he only had 3 ur penalties last year (same as Cody Wallace) and wouldn't have been ejected from any games last year even had this new rule been in place. What this new rule is, is a weak attempt by the NFL to address all the violence and BS from last year's Steelers/Bengals games.

The rule really won't help. The only way to get these games under conrol is if Marvin and Tomlin reign in their teams. They're saying they will, but I have my doubts. They had an opportunity to do that in the playoffs and it only got worse. A new officiating crew wouldn't hurt either.

Ryan Shazier definitely made a "new" rule though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 08:14 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol. Steelers fans aren't afraid of Burfict. Actually the opposite. We love him. He's good for at least 20-30 free yards of offense every game not to mention his ability to make these boners at the best (worst for you Bengal fans) possible times. We wish the Steelers could play against him every week. 
Maybe you do.  The "skill" position players on your team sure don't.

I don't know what to make of your appreciation of his boner. Pervert
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25525315/new-nfl-rule-would-not-have-resulted-in-ejections-for-odell-beckham-vontaze-burfict
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 08:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25525315/new-nfl-rule-would-not-have-resulted-in-ejections-for-odell-beckham-vontaze-burfict

So it's not called the Vontaze Burfict rule and he never even qualified for ejection through his entire career?

Why, that means this thread is utterly irrelevant and makes OP look like a baby back *****.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 08:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25525315/new-nfl-rule-would-not-have-resulted-in-ejections-for-odell-beckham-vontaze-burfict

Damn.
And to think that I had you guys on the ropes only to get rejected by this. Now I know how you guys must have been feeling at the end of the playoff game.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Damn.
And to think that I had you guys on the ropes only to get rejected by this. Now I know how you guys must have been feeling at the end of the playoff game.  Wink

Probably how you felt after the Denver playoff game?
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And to think that I had you guys on the ropes 

lulz

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:25 PM)Garrus Wrote: Probably how you felt after the Denver playoff game?

maybe one year the bengals will get that elusive playoff win

hell, even romo has more playoff wins than the bengals...

romo

Sad
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:12 PM)Griever Wrote: maybe one year the bengals will get that elusive playoff win

romo

Sad

He is a good QB so this is weak smack. Besides, I don't care about getting playoff wins, I care about winning a Super Bowl, which we weren't doing without Dalton.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:31 PM)Garrus Wrote: He is a good QB so this is weak smack. Besides, I don't care about getting playoff wins, I care about winning a Super Bowl, which we weren't doing without Dalton.

At least Dalton changed that. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:29 PM)6andcounting Wrote: At least Dalton changed that. Ninja

See? That's much better.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:12 PM)Griever Wrote: maybe one year the bengals will get that elusive playoff win

romo

Sad

Maybe next year the steelers wont give up a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter, then have the refs bail them out to get a win.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:25 PM)Garrus Wrote: Probably how you felt after the Denver playoff game?

Tebowed....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 11:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: Maybe next year the steelers wont give up a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter, then have the refs bail them out to get a win.

Maybe next year the Bengals will avoid any such controversies by putting the game away when they have the chance (e.g. not fumbling).  
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:33 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Maybe next year the Bengals will avoid any such controversies by putting the game away when they have the chance (e.g. not fumbling).  

Can't disagree with that. Had the game and let the steelers off the hook.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 06:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Can't disagree with that. Had the game and let the steelers off the hook.

The bengals let no one off the hook, they were just being who they are...the bungles.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 11:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: Maybe next year the steelers wont give up a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter, then have the refs bail them out to get a win.

yeah they really need to stop playing down to their competition when it comes to bad teams
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 09:01 PM)Vlad Wrote: The bengals let no one off the hook, they were just being who they are...the bungles.

Repeat that to yourself over and over as you try to get to sleep after watching the Bengals manhandle your team.
Reply/Quote