Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Vontaze Burfict Rule
(04-01-2016, 06:16 PM)Beaker Wrote: Repeat that to yourself over and over as you try to get to sleep after watching the Bengals manhandle your team with a backup QB.

I agree.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 06:16 PM)Beaker Wrote: Repeat that to yourself over and over as you try to get to sleep after watching the Bengals manhandle your team.

They were losing 15-0 after 3 quarters and only came back after the Steelers put in their back up QB. Hardly "manhandling" 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 07:13 PM)TRsome Wrote: I agree.

That back up QB put up more points in the second game and as many in the PO game as the starting QB. Be glad Dalton was out. Cincinnati may have been held to under 10 in the PO game. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 07:20 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They were losing 15-0 after 3 quarters and only came back after the Steelers put in their back up QB. Hardly "manhandling" 

Except for the fact that your team didnt put in your back up....the Bengals took out your starter. Manhandled. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 11:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Except for the fact that your team didnt put in your back up....the Bengals took out your starter. Manhandled. 

They lull themselves to sleep on many lies. Don't ruin it for them.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 11:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Except for the fact that your team didnt put in your back up....the Bengals took out your starter. Manhandled. 

The Steelers had the lead and all the back-up had to do was not lose the game. He blew that.

Then he had a chance to redeem himself just by getting the offense in field goal range. He blew that even worse.

Ben returned, playing at about 25%, and single-handed won the game. Manhandled.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 01:47 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The Steelers had the lead and all the back-up had to do was not lose the game. He blew that.

Then he had a chance to redeem himself just by getting the offense in field goal range. He blew that even worse.

Ben returned, playing at about 25%, and single-handed won the game. Manhandled.

If by won the game you mean sailed a pass and got his best reciever killed in the process than sure.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 02:32 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: If by won the game you mean sailed a pass and got his best reciever killed in the process than sure.

Won - as in something the Bengals haven't done in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 01:47 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The Steelers had the lead and all the back-up had to do was not lose the game. He blew that.

Nope. Your defense gave up the points....to our backup QB. And you played the next game without your #1 rb, #1 WR and #1 Qb gimpy, all due to the Bengals manhandling them.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:28 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah they really need to stop playing down to their competition when it comes to bad teams

They've really gotta stop coming in 2nd or 3rd place in the AFCN behind that "bad team" too.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 06:09 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nope. Your defense gave up the points....to our backup QB. And you played the next game without your #1 rb, #1 WR and #1 Qb gimpy, all due to the Bengals manhandling them.

Sounds like a moral victory the Bengals claimed in their offseason to me. LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 02:41 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Won - as in something the Bengals haven't done in the playoffs.

Urban legend has it that they did win a few playoff games a long time ago. Not sure whether it's true or not since it's been a so many generations since it supposedly happened.  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 07:39 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Urban legend has it that they did win a few playoff games a long time ago. Not sure whether it's true or not since it's been a so many generations since it supposedly happened.  

That and the folklore about the origins of the noodles in cincinnatti spaghetti are my two favorite southwestern Ohio myths.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 02:41 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Won - as in something the Bengals haven't done in the playoffs.

So he didn't sail a pass in a poorly veiled attempt to murder a reciever by linebacker?

I must've been watching a different game.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 06:41 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Sounds like a moral victory the Bengals claimed in their offseason to me. LOL

Nothing moral about the Bengals physically battering your steelers.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 10:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nothing moral about the Bengals physically battering your steelers.
But did you win?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 08:53 AM)6andcounting Wrote: But did you win?

Nobody won that game.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 03:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nobody won that game.

Facepalm

I could've sworn the Steelers scored more points that game and then played the next week in Denver. 
Reply/Quote
[attachment=190 Wrote: 6andcounting pid='200748' dateline='1459639973']
That and the folklore about the origins of the noodles in cincinnatti spaghetti are my two favorite southwestern Ohio myths.

I found this online. I don't recall computers ever looking like this but my great grandfather swears that he thinks that they did at one point, when he has just an infant. So maybe it is true that they did win one once. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 05:14 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Facepalm

I could've sworn the Steelers scored more points that game and then played the next week in Denver. 

Youre right about one thing...they went to Denver.
Reply/Quote