Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The War on Disney
(04-06-2022, 09:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I gotta be honest, i haven't watched Snow White since I was a kid, and i just assumed there was some wedding ending.  Maybe im thinking of the little mermaid where a teen girl instantly marries an adult man .  So he just kissed an unconscious little girl and then didn't marry her and they cohabitated in sin, this underage girl and her adult lover.  Seems legit. 

Rich adult man saves a disadvantaged underage girl.  We should all be so lucky to have this dream come true for us.  

Neither Snow White or the Prince's age is mentioned. FWIW, the Grimm Brother's wrote Snow White in 1812, and Disney produced the movie in the 1930's, and people tended to get married at a young age in those days. But keep on....
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, when was the wedding? I missed that part. Was the Happily Ever After a 10 year engagement and then a lifetime marriage, or did they get married the next day after just meeting? You're interjecting your own storyline into it.

Either way I guess we'll ignore the guy falling in love with a dead girl.  Necrophilia is probably better?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 08:37 AM)GMDino Wrote:
Alienate people who live their lives the way they feel they want to or should
or alienate people who insist we pretend those people don't exist and we not even talk about it so they pass a law about it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Mellow

So keeping discussions of sexual orientation out of Kindergarten is alienating people ? Maybe those people need to check why they really want that curriculum taught at such and early age when kids should be focused on 123's and ABC's. Why are people so upset about parents having the right to teach their own children? It's blatantly obvious there is more to this. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So keeping discussions of sexual orientation out of Kindergarten is alienating people ? Maybe those people need to check why they really want that curriculum taught at such and early age when kids should be focused on 123's and ABC's. Why are people so upset about parents having the right to teach their own children? It's blatantly obvious there is more to this. 

I was speaking on Disney opposing the law.  Not schools.

Your continuously bringing it back to people wanting to force the teaching of sexual orientation is a red herring. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Neither Snow White or the Prince's age is mentioned. FWIW, the Grimm Brother's wrote Snow White in 1812, and Disney produced the movie in the 1930's, and people tended to get married at a young age in those days. But keep on....

So you are admitting Disney's portrayal of morality and normality may have required updating and reevaluation to keep up with changing times and cultural norms?

Guess Disney technically went woke 90 years ago when they caved into the PC pressures to not explicitly portray a man in his 30s going after a schoolgirl. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So you are admitting Disney's portrayal of morality and normality may have required updating and reevaluation to keep up with changing times and cultural norms?

Guess Disney technically went woke 90 years ago when they caved into the PC pressures to not explicitly portray a man in his 30s going after a schoolgirl. 

No, as I said, their ages are not given in the story. She could have been 18 and him 20 for all we know. And if they are teenagers, he simply kissed her to break the spell. He didn't jump on and ride her comatose corpse like you are suggesting. You are really reaching.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, as I said, their ages are not given in the story. She could have been 18 and him 20 for all we know. And if they are teenagers, he simply kissed her to break the spell. He didn't jump on and ride her comatose corpse like you are suggesting. You are really reaching.

Everyone is out to prey on teen girls except prince charming, eh?  I knew you were soft on regal crimes. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, as I said, their ages are not given in the story. She could have been 18 and him 20 for all we know. And if they are teenagers, he simply kissed her to break the spell. He didn't jump on and ride her comatose corpse like you are suggesting. You are really reaching.

She was probably 17 according to the original story.

https://otakukart.com/how-old-is-the-snow-white-prince/

His age is unknown.

I'm guessing a lot of people assume he was much older because that is what society prefers to see from a male perspective.
Reply/Quote

Everyone is out to prey on teen girls except prince charming, eh?  I knew you were soft on regal crimes. 

Just picture a non regal black guy innocently kissing her comatose lips. 
Reply/Quote
Wait, did the prince even know who she was? He saw this maybe age of consent girl in the woods and kissed her assuming she'd come back to life and like him?

This is the business we hold up for moral guidance? No wonder we are insane.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Everyone is out to prey on teen girls except prince charming, eh?  I knew you were soft on regal crimes. 

Just picture a non regal black guy innocently kissing her comatose lips. 

You know how you know you've won an argument with a liberal? They bring up race....
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You know how you know you've won an argument with a liberal? They bring up race....

Ah the conservative checkmate.  I won because I said I did. 

Sadly due to supply chain issues your participation ribbon will take 6-8 months to arrive.  Try not to kiss too many unconscious "probably legal" comatose girls in the meantime.  
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Boo Hoo. Disney, from it's very start, was a place for kids to be kids. It used to be all Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and the fairy tale Princesses. Once Michael Eisner took over the place, things started to change, and have gone downhill since. You can see the changes, from subtle things like in how Princess's and Princes were drawn. (Compare Snow White to some of the more modern drawings) to their political activism. They've been caught placing subliminal messaging in their cartoons. Now in their latest production, Red Panda, is about periods and abortion, even spouting the "My Panda, My Choice" in a nod to the mantra of the pro-abortion crowd "My body, my choice." I'd venture to say by the time most girls get to their first period, they are way past the Wonderful World of Disney.  Disney has come out against Florida's Parental Rights Law. They have an agenda to sexualize young children instead of letting them be children. Why would anybody be surprised parents are now turning away. It's really quite simple, if you are a company that made it's fortune to catering to young children, don't be surprised when parents start turning you off when you start sexualizing young children.

Now we get to look forward to actual brain washed children when a fascist media scumbag like ben shapiro starts making content for children. It will be an awesome hate filled place.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Now we get to look forward to actual brain washed children when a fascist media scumbag like ben shapiro starts making content for children. It will be an awesome hate filled place.

You should probably just give a noogie to any kind of dweeb who walks out of Home Depot with one (1) wood like he did and go on with your day. Sounds like he’s next on the list of boogeymen? Curious as to what makes him fascist, but that may be for a different thread. I don’t know much about the guy. Carry on.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:17 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: You should probably just give a noogie to any kind of dweeb who walks out of Home Depot with one (1) wood like he did and go on with your day. Sounds like he’s next on the list of boogeymen? Curious as to what makes him fascist, but that may be for a different thread. I don’t know much about the guy. Carry on.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/31/daily-wire-investing-100m-in-kids-content-to-battle-disney/

Just another sensationalized outrage voice in the right wing echo chamber. A smart slimey ruthless asshole who makes money selling poison and dividing my country.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://nypost.com/2022/03/31/daily-wire-investing-100m-in-kids-content-to-battle-disney/

Just another sensationalized outrage voice in the right wing echo chamber. A smart slimey ruthless asshole who makes money selling poison and dividing my country.

Where does it say he’s a fascist or going to create hateful brainwashing content?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:39 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Where does it say he’s a fascist or going to create hateful brainwashing content?

Just a little bit of foresight. And he is a hyper-partisan right wing media propaganda machine. That's what they do.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just a little bit of foresight. And he is a hyper-partisan right wing media propaganda machine. That's what they do.

I’ll be on the lookout!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 08:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, I don't think we talked about it on this forum, but Disney was under fire from liberals as a result of their backing politicians that put forth and/or supported the "Don't Say Gay" legislation. So there was an employee walk out over the milquetoast response the company gave to the legislation. They've been doing a little damage control since, which will draw the ire of the right.

Honestly, I just get tired of us trying to get corporations to be morally virtuous based on our own morals. Corporations are out to make money. Those are their morals. Their duty is to their shareholders and that duty is to make them money. We should stop pretending it is anything else. 

I could not agree with this statement more.  Which makes the stance of many corporations of late especially baffling.  I go to a business for a product, not politics or pandering.  I still purchase and wear Levi products, even though the CEO is a rabid anti-gun moron.  But most people will absolutely turn on a brand if they come out in favor, or against, something they like or oppose.  Honestly, I yearn for the day when corporations paid both parties to back their interests and STFU about politics outside of that.  This is especially true of entertainment corporations.

(04-06-2022, 08:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You ever read the story Snow White is based on? The "dwarves" kidnapped her, she was a slave and was raped by them. Pretty rough folk tale.

I had a complete Brother's Grimm story book when I was a kid (both my parents are/were big sci-fi/fantasy nerds).  I've read all the stories in their original form and you could not be more correct.  Of course, most of these stories came out of mediaeval Europe which was a grim (no pun intended) place.  It's definitely where I got my taste for dark fantasy/Sci-fi, e.g. Warhammer 40k, Judge Dredd, The Witcher, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc.

My sister and I were talking the other day about what a horrifying story The Little Match Girl is, and we read that when we were around 5 years old.
Reply/Quote
Nothing new under the sun...

[Image: FPq9zEpWYAAn-aL?format=png&name=small]
Reply/Quote