Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The War on Disney
(04-06-2022, 10:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I had a complete Brother's Grimm story book when I was a kid (both my parents are/were big sci-fi/fantasy nerds).  I've read all the stories in their original form and you could not be more correct.  Of course, most of these stories came out of mediaeval Europe which was a grim (no pun intended) place.  It's definitely where I got my taste for dark fantasy/Sci-fi, e.g. Warhammer 40k, Judge Dredd, The Witcher, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc.

My sister and I were talking the other day about what a horrifying story The Little Match Girl is, and we read that when we were around 5 years old.

I have three different collections of European folk tales which include the Grimm collection and two that are Grimm-esque. The funny thing about the Grimm collection is that you have to get the earlier ones to even get the more raw versions. They cleaned them up themselves over the years. I just love folk tales and have collections from Europe, Asia, and Native Americans. I'm hoping to find some from South America and Africa, soon, but I get a little picky with these collections because so many are sanitized.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just a little bit of foresight. And he is a hyper-partisan right wing media propaganda machine. That's what they do.

There we have it.... anyone who thinks differently than the left wing is automatically a fascist and must be shut down. That thinking kind of reminds me of........ Fascists. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There we have it.... anyone who thinks differently than the left wing is automatically a fascist and must be shut down. That thinking kind of reminds me of........ Fascists. 

The irony of this post in a thread about the right trying to cancel Disney for thinking differently than them is so delicious.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:50 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The irony of this post in a thread about the right trying to cancel Disney for thinking differently than them is so delicious.

Not buying their crap, or protesting them is not cancelling them. It's just not supporting them. Big difference. Not surprised that went over your head. Cancelling someone is like when Disney fired Gina Carrana for espousing a view different than the company line.
Reply/Quote
i pretty much just read PNR for the side conversations these days. the rest of it is just too predictable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 09:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not buying their crap, or protesting them is not cancelling them. It's just not supporting them. Big difference. Not surprised that went over your head. Cancelling someone is like when Disney fired Gina Carrana for espousing a view different than the company line.

Keep telling yourself that, buddy. Whatever makes you feel better so you don't melt.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 10:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Keep telling yourself that, buddy. Whatever makes you feel better so you don't melt.

Same back at you. 
Reply/Quote
Everyone is snowflake except me.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everyone is snowflake except me.

I don’t have the energy to figure out what companies I don’t like. And what companies they may own. Just like actors. I think Ben Afleck is a douche, but I just watched a movie with him. He’s a good actor. I may make an exception with Alec Baldwin. He took zero responsibility. Oh and guns don’t just randomly go off. Doubly so if they are single action as I heard this one was. Either way, it takes some form of energy to fire a gun.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everyone is snowflake except me.

Been following a bunch of right wing media lately?
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(04-07-2022, 08:13 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Been following a bunch of right wing media lately?

I’m curious, what wing media is CNN?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’m curious, what wing media is CNN?

IIRC fox told me to call them clinton news network.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 10:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: IIRC fox told me to call them clinton news network.

Thanks for your useless reply of nothing.
Reply/Quote

CNN is a mostly opinionated, often liberal leaning network that is a beacon of serious journalism when compared to the ultrapartisan conservative propaganda machine that is FOX news.
Reply/Quote

Corporate.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:53 AM)hollodero Wrote: CNN is a mostly opinionated, often liberal leaning network that is a beacon of serious journalism when compared to the ultrapartisan conservative propaganda machine that is FOX news.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Most people have figured out CNN is not serious news, but has become a mouthpiece for the DNC. Which is why they aren't even in 2nd place anymore, they fallen behind even MSNBC in some months were actually 4th.
Fox News Makes Gains In 1Q Cable News Ratings While CNN, MSNBC Suffer Steep Declines (forbes.com)

Quote:Fox News Channel was the only cable news network to make year-over-year ratings gains in the first quarter of 2022, finishing the quarter in first place and marking 81 consecutive quarters as the most-watched network in all of basic cable. FNC’s competitors, CNN and MSNBC, both suffered steep ratings declines compared to the same period one year ago.

In prime time, Fox News finished the quarter with an average total audience of 2.554 million viewers, up 3% from 2021, according to ratings data compiled by Nielsen. MSNBC finished the quarter in second place with an average total audience of 1.205 million viewers—down 46%, while CNN finished third with an average total audience of less than a million viewers: 857,000 viewers, down a staggering 56% from 2021.

Reply/Quote

(04-07-2022, 11:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Thanks for your useless reply of nothing.

Well, to be fair, your first post quoted in this response was pretty useless, as well..  

Let's at least pretend to keep things somewhat friendly around here.  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:53 AM)hollodero Wrote: FOX news is a mostly opinionated, often conservative leaning network that is a beacon of serious journalism when compared to the ultrapartisan extreme liberal propaganda machine that is CNN.

See, it works just the same no matter which way you say it.  How about both of them just suck ass, and are sorry excuses for "news" organizations?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Back to Disney....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2NdsZNDL_U

In their own Zoom meetings they talk about pushing a sexual agenda onto young children.
Reply/Quote
At least with Trump out of office there is a slim chance we make this evil woke conglomerate pay their fair share of taxes now, eh?
Reply/Quote