Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The best of Burfict behind him?
In my opinion I think the peak moment of Burfict's career is going to end up being his interception against the Steelers in the playoffs.

Another season and another start of the year with him suspended. There are also the injury concerns and reports of him being out of shape coming into training camp.

It just seems like the guy has constant nagging injuries/concussions and takes a lot of punishment. He is constantly suspended to start the year which leads to him not being in shape which leads to an injury in preseason. We have seen it before.

So...do you think the best of Burfict is behind him? I just have this feeling like hes never going to be the guy that he was a couple years ago. There was even a drop off last year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
No I don't think he has reached his peak. Maybe I am being Nieve but I think he is cabaple of not getting suspended and comming to camp in unbelievable shape. when he is on the field his play is still top notch but his lack of availability is a problem.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In my opinion I think the peak moment of Burfict's career is going to end up being his interception against the Steelers in the playoffs.

Another season and another start of the year with him suspended. There are also the injury concerns and reports of him being out of shape coming into training camp.

It just seems like the guy has constant nagging injuries/concussions and takes a lot of punishment. He is constantly suspended to start the year which leads to him not being in shape which leads to an injury in preseason. We have seen it before.

So...do you think the best of Burfict is behind him? I just have this feeling like hes never going to be the guy that he was a couple years ago. There was even a drop off last year.

I am as big a "Burfict Pessimist" as anyone, if not bigger, but the interception he made against the Redskins in last year's preseason game was the one of the most athletic plays I have EVER seen a LB make.  Before I saw the number, I would have sworn that was a safety that read and reacted to that pass.

I am not trying to play shrink here on Burfict, but one thing that I think really motivates him is winning.  He plays his best in big spots.  When he is in game shape, and the game is on the line, I want him out there over just about anyone. I think if this team starts well and is rolling, he will be a vital part of it down the stretch.  If they come out and lay an egg (which I doubt), then I think he will not have the motivation to be the best version of himself.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s still one of the best LB’s in the league. If he played for Pittsburgh he’d be one of the biggest stars in the game.

No, his best isn’t behind him. He’s 27, and in the prime of his career. We just have to take the good with the bad when it comes to him. Just like we’ve done the entire time he’s been here.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:18 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: No I don't  think he has reached his peak. Maybe I am being Nieve but I think he is cabaple  of not getting suspended and comming to camp in unbelievable shape. when he is on the field his play is still top  notch but his lack of availability is a problem.

Funny thing abut the word naive is that a rich guy once said that the people are so naive that I can sell them water that they get for free already. 

So he spelled it backwards and launched "Evian" to prove he was right. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
On the Burfict thing, was one of just a very few that wanted the reported fake trade to be real. Was ripped a new one for it in thread.

Think he is a great player but do not ever see the league getting off his tail. He is their poster boy and will suspend him for just about anything at this point. My opinion is not formulated because his skills have diminished or anything.

In fact can not wait to see him and Preston Brown out there together this season.

Still would have traded him to the Raiders if it had been real.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My prediction for this thread.

People who already don't like Burfict will claim he is on the decline. People who like him will point out that he is still just 27 and not returning from any major injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There are also the injury concerns and reports of him being out of shape coming into training camp.

That's just message board drivel. Haskell said several weeks ago that Burfict was within 2 lbs. of his playing weight..... 
Reply/Quote
My prediction is that Burfict's career will end with a major concussion because he has had so many problems with them in the past.  It could even happen this year.  But I don't think his level of play has dropped.
Reply/Quote
The new flag happy helmet rule will be the biggest obstacle.

I wish he would start taking care of himself in the offseason instead of getting fat and out of shape.

He is still young its not too late to change his ways. But the fat and out of shape then injured in training camp routine is getting old when you are one of the highest paid players on the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The new flag happy helmet rule will be the biggest obstacle.

I wish he would start taking care of himself in the offseason instead of getting fat and out of shape.

He is still young its not too late to change his ways. But the fat and out of shape then injured in training camp routine is getting old when you are one of the highest paid players on the team.

So is this narrative...

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wish he would start taking care of himself in the offseason instead of getting fat and out of shape.

See Weezy...... someone says it, it gets parroted over and over, until people think it's true.... regardless of the facts.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: See Weezy...... someone says it, it gets parroted over and over, until people think it's true.... regardless of the facts.

Message board 101

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So is this narrative...

Right.... you know.... because 2lbs over playing weight is "fat"...... Whatever Whatever Whatever
Reply/Quote
He's insanely talented, but not as talented as some here like to believe. I don't believe he's talented enough to be worth the trouble anymore. Simply put, he cannot be relied on. And yes, it's obvious the league has it out for him and that isn't fair but it is what it is (no doubt if he were a steeler he'd be celebrated as one of the best "hard-hitting players in the league... But he's not. He's a Bengal, and therefore he's going to be held under a microscope for the rest of his career).

I wish those trade rumors of Burfict to Oakland came to fruition. Let him be someone else's headache for a change.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In my opinion I think the peak moment of Burfict's career is going to end up being his interception against the Steelers in the playoffs.

I tweaked hammy is no indication someones prime is behind them
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: He's insanely talented, but not as talented as some here like to believe. I don't believe he's talented enough to be worth the trouble anymore. Simply put, he cannot be relied on. And yes, it's obvious the league has it out for him and that isn't fair but it is what it is (no doubt if he were a steeler he'd be celebrated as one of the best "hard-hitting players in the league... But he's not. He's a Bengal, and therefore he's going to be held under a microscope for the rest of his career).

I wish those trade rumors of Burfict to Oakland came to fruition. Let him be someone else's headache for a change.

most certainly worth the trouble without a replacement that can do what he does...
He has a few on field things ehre and there but hes not out fighting in bars.. Beating/raping women, getting caught with drugs etc...

Hes just an aggressive dude on the field. he reminds me of when football was more fun to watch.

See Defense with and without burfict...
Reply/Quote
Think he can play at a high level still but has to be motivated, disciplined and healthy. Think he will always be banged up, because when he's on, he's an incredibly aggressive and violent player. He meets people in the hole at 100 miles an hour. Every game he's usually limping to the sideline or holding his arm for a few plays. You're sure he's badly injured and then he comes trotting back out
Reply/Quote
He's well worth the roster spot simply, if for nothing else, what he brings to the twice a year Stooler games......
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The new flag happy helmet rule will be the biggest obstacle.

Where did you hear he was fat and out of shape? I think I read 1 reporter wrote that...It must be gospel! Burfict has never been chiseled even when lost weight at the beginning of last season.
Reply/Quote