Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The best of Burfict behind him?
(08-15-2018, 01:59 PM)Brimey Wrote: Think he can play at a high level still but has to be motivated, disciplined and healthy. Think he will always be banged up, because when he's on, he's an incredibly aggressive and violent player. He meets people in the hole at 100 miles an hour. Every game he's usually limping to the sideline or holding his arm for a few plays. You're sure he's badly injured and then he comes trotting back out

I don't think motivation is a Burfict problem.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think it matters either way. He’s missing 25% of the season to start with and if he does something stupid like purposely go after Juju or another steeler in retaliation for last year he’ll probably miss more and thats assuming he’s not out with a concussion at some point anyway.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 02:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Where did you hear he was fat and out of shape? I think I read 1 reporter wrote that...It must be gospel! Burfict has never been chiseled even when lost weight at the beginning of last season.

He's not theost ripped/ cut guy anyway. The fat and outta shape thing is dumb.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s still one of the best LB’s in the league. If he played for Pittsburgh he’d be one of the biggest stars in the game.

No, his best isn’t behind him. He’s 27, and in the prime of his career. We just have to take the good with the bad when it comes to him. Just like we’ve done the entire time he’s been here.

This.

Imagine if Ju Ju Smith-Schuster played for the Bengals
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s still one of the best LB’s in the league. If he played for Pittsburgh he’d be one of the biggest stars in the game.

No, his best isn’t behind him. He’s 27, and in the prime of his career. We just have to take the good with the bad when it comes to him. Just like we’ve done the entire time he’s been here.

Agree with Nicomo, he will get suspended, just going to happen but we are just going to have to deal with it.

Comes with the situation. Just happy he is on my team. Would hate for him to be playing anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
Burfict was born in the wrong era. If he played in the 70's all of what he has done on the field of play would be considered or characterized as hard nose player... Old school. A tough player.

In the this day, he is singled out by referees, fans, commissioner as a "dirty" player.

His career will be cut short because of health and suspensions. But Most likely concussions. Nevertheless, I think he will be sign by the Bengals to another contract for 5 years. May not be able to finish the contract.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 03:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Burfict was born in the wrong era.  If he played in the 70's all of what he has done on the field of play would be considered or characterized as hard nose player... Old school.  A tough player.

In the this day, he is singled out by referees, fans, commissioner as a "dirty" player.

His career will be cut short because of health and suspensions. But Most likely concussions.   Nevertheless, I think he will be sign by the Bengals to another contract for 5 years.  May not be able to finish the contract.

Not to mention he is a Bengal and hates the Steelers. Big reason why lots don't like him.

Dude ROCKS!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My prediction is that Burfict's career will end with a major concussion because he has had so many problems with them in the past.  It could even happen this year.  But I don't think his level of play has dropped.

^This^

I think Burfict could have 2 or 3 more prime of his career years in him......if he can quit launching head first into guys. Which will also get him suspended.

I think he's one good helmet to helmet shot away from game over.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's just message board drivel. Haskell said several weeks ago that Burfict was within 2 lbs. of his playing weight..... 

You can lose muscle and gain fat and stay at the same weight...
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: You can lose muscle and gain fat and stay at the same weight...

Sure you can. But I expect Tez is right where he needs to be, otherwise Haslett would not have commented on it....
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So is this narrative...

Wasn't it two years ago when he came in suspended and it took him like half the year to regain his shape and athleticism? He was suspended for a fraction of the season but was a shell of himself when he actually came back. Thats my fear going into this year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I tweaked hammy is no indication someones prime is behind them

A tweaked hammy, multiple concussions, knee issues, etc. 

Burfict has a lot of miles on him for being so young. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 05:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Wasn't it two years ago when he came in suspended and it took him like half the year to regain his shape and athleticism? He was suspended for a fraction of the season but was a shell of himself when he actually came back. Thats my fear going into this year. 

There's some truth to that but I think it got blown out of proportion as well !
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: most certainly worth the trouble without a replacement that can do what he does...
He has a few on field things ehre and there but hes not out fighting in bars.. Beating/raping women,  getting caught with drugs etc...

Hes just an aggressive dude on the field. he reminds me of when football was more fun to watch.

See Defense with and without Burfict...

Therein lies the problem: how often is Burfict available to play? Out of how many possible games has he played for us since he's been drafted? I feel like Burfict only plays roughly half the time... And the defense isn't complete trash without him. They're probably used to it. Granted, they aren't better without him, but is the dropoff really that significant? 

I'd much rather the team look toward the future and find someone who can be counted on the majority of the time. Because, clearly, that's not Burfict. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much reason in keeping someone you can't rely on. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 07:01 PM)Pat5775 Wrote:  I'd much rather the team look toward the future and find someone who can be counted on the majority of the time. Because, clearly, that's not Burfict. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much reason in keeping someone you can't rely on. 

Yes, it is just you.

The reason is obvious.  It is EXTREMELY difficult to find a LB with Burficts skill set.

It is easy to find a guy you can "rely on" but you are going to be relying on him being average or above average instead of one of the best talents in the league.
Reply/Quote
Most of his injuries are faked for attention he needs a hug. He peaked in his first and second season. The win losses of our football team are not that much different with or without him. Hobspin posted them a few months back. Can he be a dominate player if he wants to be yes. But he does as he pleases so you don't know what you are going to get out of him production wise cause he is an unstable person mentally. Mavin went out on a limb to draft him even as an undrafted free agent if Marvin was let go last year Burfict would of been right behind him unless the new coach chose to keep him and try to fix a broken player.If he played for the steelers since he was drafted they would be talking about hall of fame. But he plays for the Bengals so he will never be that dominate player or the NFL will make a new rule up to stop his success. At the end of the day we are not drafting skilled LB that can replace him so we are stuck with the sideshow known as Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 07:41 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Most of his injuries are faked for attention he needs a hug.

Stopped reading after this.

If you ever have anything of value to say make sure you post it before garbage like this.  After a comment like this the rest of your post is meaningless.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, it is just you.

The reason is obvious.  It is EXTREMELY difficult to find a LB with Burficts skill set.

It is easy to find a guy you can "rely on" but you are going to be relying on him being average or above average instead of one of the best talents in the league.

What good is elite talent when he's on the bench for half of our games? 

Just because Burficts replacement may not (okay, likely won't) be as great as him is no reason to settle for a guy who will only contribute for some of the season. Give me an above average LB who will play 90+% of the time over a guy who's constantly under a microscope (fairly and unfairly), is a concussion or two away from retirement and won't pull stupid crap several times over.

And no, it's not just me
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 07:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stopped reading after this.

If you ever have anything of value to say make sure you post it before garbage like this.  After a comment like this the rest of your post is meaningless.

Typical  Whatever

Nitpick a small part of a post and completely ignore some great points made throughout the rest of it.
Reply/Quote
Burfict? Not worried, he'll be fine.

The punishment that he puts his body through on the field is equivalent to many car crashes per game, every game. I cut him some slack for not maintaining "game day shape" throughout the offseason. If it weren't for that offseason recovery, he could never continue to be who he is, and play at the level that he does.

People love to rant about him coming in out of shape. Let me present to you this; Vinney Rey is by all accounts, a physical specimen. How many games has he won or lost, by virtue of being the best player on the field?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote