Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big 3 is the problem
(11-12-2017, 01:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You can't remember one because there is none. Our yards/game and yards/carry are all-time lows for the franchise...and here we are talking about the QB. #BengalsBoards

Because there's literally nothing to say lol we got the backs , it's just the coach refuses to tinker with the o line ,eventually they will but it'll be too late the Bengals way. It's all got to do with coaching in that area , if teams like the jags ,Steelers, and patriots can get away with 3 UDFA's.  And ours is 1 round pick ,3rd round pick 4th round pick ,and rg is a revolving door , 1st round pick in Smith, whitworth was a 2nd and the k line was bad last year .because of two guys ced and Bodine.  The new coach would have to go get 2-3 by next year. I still threw Dalton in the mix because I think he's part of the problem on going far. Plus I just don't like watching him anymore on my team lol.
Reply/Quote
Just imagine you guys can't stand McCarron probably,what if you had to watch him for 7 years and he hasn't won a playoff game. Just try to imagine that.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...but we're a team that doesn't sign many free agents. I don't know if we can burn a 1st Round pick to show our current QB that he has to try harder.

Well under marvin first rounders are red shirted anyway. Qbs usually can fall to the 2nd also. But if its a sure fire guy you really want id grab him in the first . O lineman in the 2nd . 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:57 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Just imagine you guys can't stand McCarron probably,what if you had to watch him for 7 years and he hasn't won a playoff game. Just try to imagine that.

The really discouraging thing is that when they did play in those games with Dalton...  the majority of the team played poorly.

Whether it was coaching, QB play, offensive line play, defensive line getting neutralized, linebackers who can't cover a TE, just about every phase really.

It's pretty sad when Hall getting that pick six against the Texans is the only real memorable positive play that stands out.

I get that you're sick of Dalton.  We've all been pissed off at his play.

It's just trying to imagine this team even with those other QBs to not be Bunglized when it really matters.

The Big 3.  Just like you said.

I have a sinking feeling that the other Big 2 would ruin any QB you would list.

Hey.  What do I know.  I've only been watching this team my whole life.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 09:50 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Yea, so what? I made a list of QBs that I think would play better than AD under the same circumstances. 

But it's just a big guess, since none of them has ever faced this kind of  mess.  None.  So you go on guessing.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:51 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not so sure I'd say Ben. Not anymore. His numbers are very similar (slightly worse) than Andy's, and he's in a way better situation.

Did you see what that fat, ass-chunk monkey did at the end of their game today on the pass to Brown to get them in FG range? I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Fat men are hard to bring down.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Remember, Carson went through a horrible O-line after we went to the playoffs with him and Braham had retired. After a few years more of struggles and a few pats in the back, Carson left and he was still good and did well at AZ but we got Andy and he began a new era here that took us to the playoffs. Fast forward to 2017 and Andy is in the exact same position as Carson was but with a better cast but the same scenario. Andy is still good but its time to trade him and begin a new era with a new coach and QB next season. WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did you see what that fat, ass-chunk monkey did at the end of their game today on the pass to Brown to get them in FG range? I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Fat men are hard to bring down.

It was the Colts though. Dalton had a better game in just about every way against them, with a far inferior cast. Ben just isn't having many big games anymore, regardless of opponent. With that cast and line, he should be putting up 4500 yards and 30+ scores. 

Dalton is having a better season whilst surrounded by crap.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:03 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Remember, Carson went through a horrible O-line after we went to the playoffs with him and Braham had retired. After a few years more of struggles and a few pats in the back, Carson left and he was still good and did well at AZ but we got Andy and he began a new era here that took us to the playoffs. Fast forward to 2017 and Andy is in the exact same position as Carson was but with a better cast but the same scenario. Andy is still good but its time to trade him and begin a new era with a new coach and QB next season.   WhoDey2

Palmer had just finished his 7th season as starter when he demanded the trade. Dalton is in his 7th season. So many similarities.

If we roll with a new QB, fine...but if there aren't drastic changes in this organization, it's all moot. We'll be back here in 7 years discussing the same crap and wanting a fresh QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Mikey Boy > everything else
Reply/Quote
This team is spinning its wheels due to tunnel vision. I can hear the front office now:

“Our left tackle is horrible. Our quarterback is getting mauled from the blind side.”

“Fine. Hire a left handed quarterback as soon as possible!”
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 09:25 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: This is where your so wrong.  Ever notice you never hear about New England having Oline issues that's because Tom Brady is really good and his ability masks it.  Every year the excuses change for Dalton. Not hearing many using Lazor as an excuse even though the offense is still struggling.  Guess Dalton supporters used zampese so much that it just wouldn't look right . Before it was oline and Zampese now its just the oline.  You guys are a joke sorry but its ridiculous.

Ever hear of Dante Scarnecchia?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Any QB in the league would struggle behind this oline. Dalton has proven he can play well behind a competent oline.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 03:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end of the day...wins and losses are what it's all about, correct? Yes, wins are a 'team effort' and the point is that it's about much more than a QB rating.

You've made a point of bringing up the QB stats, and examples like Cousins and McCown. However, those stats haven't led their teams to have a season all that different than the Bengals. How is it that either would necessarily 'do better' here than Andy? Have better stat lines? I'm not convinced that does anything to change the 3-5 record, namely because all the other issues would still exist.

Since there's been so much focus on stats / rankings, I'll throw this out there -
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-grade-after-week-9

Well, well, well.......what do we have here?

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 05:58 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Nobody is discounting the inferior O line. What others are trying to point out is that there are plenty of QBs in the NFL that would overcome those deficiencies and play at a much higher level than Dalton.

He's had the luxury of having a top 5 WR his entire career and above average o line play his entire career besides this season.....so enough with the excuses. 

I don't think so Tim...there are a *few*, to be sure.....but plenty?   Shocked

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:57 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Just imagine you guys can't stand McCarron probably,what if you had to watch him for 7 years and he hasn't won a playoff game. Just try to imagine that.

Minus that final drive, AJM didn't play well against the Steelers...should be noted he didn't really play well in any of the games he started in...He did average with the same cast that Dalton was having an MVP performance.

None of us said ANYTHING about not standing McCarron. That's completely false. I just don't see any information, statistical, eyes, analysis, or otherwise that says AJM is a better solution to Dalton. It just isn't there. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 04:41 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Minus that final drive, AJM didn't play well against the Steelers...should be noted he didn't really play well in any of the games he started in...He did average with the same cast that Dalton was having an MVP performance.

None of us said ANYTHING about not standing McCarron. That's completely false. I just don't see any information, statistical, eyes, analysis, or otherwise that says AJM is a better solution to Dalton. It just isn't there. 
Of course it isn't the guy has 4 starts under his name . Why does aj McCarron have a super short leash,but Dalton have a lifetime contract to get it done?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 04:58 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Of course it isn't the guy has 4 starts under his name . Why does aj McCarron have a super short leash,but Dalton have a lifetime contract to get it done?

Maybe a question like that is better suited for Mike Clown concerning Paul "Piano Man" Alexander.......I'm jus' sayin'. Mellow :paul:

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 04:58 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Why does aj McCarron have a super short leash,but Dalton have a lifetime contract to get it done?

This your first time watching football or something? Every frickin' team not named the Browns would not replace the starter with the backup unless the backup is the future and the season is over or the starter gets injured and the backup outplays him.

In McCarron's one shot, he didn't outplay Dalton and he's not the future QB hence why Dalton keeps the job until he loses it.

The fact that this has to be explained to you does not give us confidence in your football analytical skills.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I truly wish McCarron would play a game, just so all this talk would go away.  And it would go away.  In 2015, with the same cast of players with which Andy was having an MVP season, McCarron did nothing close.  He beat a couple chump teams and went to great lengths to turnover the playoff game away. 

I would relish the chance to see him behind this line.  And then all this nonsense would end.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote