Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Hue as OC and Paulie G as HC work?
I think at this point about anything would be better then Marvin, EXCEPT Paul Alexander, Jeff Fisher, or Haslett
Reply/Quote
Sounds like another Bruce Coslet/Dick LeBeau fail combo.

Fresh blood untainted by Mikey Boy.
Reply/Quote
I will be very disappointed if any current staff becomes HC. So I'm sure it will happen. Heck I don't even want Dalton back at this point. Trade Dalton and draft a QB this year and let him learn hopefully a new HC's system while AJM plays.
Reply/Quote
They're probably going to fire Marvin Lewis and hire a guy named Marvin Lewis just to make people think we have a new head coach..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 01:39 AM)Rattler Wrote: Sounds like another Bruce Coslet/Dick LeBeau fail combo.

Fresh blood untainted by Mikey Boy.
I could see the Fisher hiring.. I wouldn't support it, but I can see it happening..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This will never happen but I'd still like to have Marvin as DC because I think defense is what he does best and he'd be an upgrade over Paulie. Obviously this is wishful thinking. Marvin has been HC so long that I can't realistically see him stepping down to DC and letting someone else captain the ship. I'd just hate to see him as a DC for another team because he is a really good defensive coach. I don't see him being offered another HC in the NFL, maybe college, but he could easily be DC for many teams.

In an alternate universe our Bengals have Zimmer as HC, Hue as OC, and Lewis as DC.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does he have a younger brother that we could hire? That's more the Bengals style.

Saban just isn't NFL HC material in my opinion.  I base that off of the things coming out of Miami during his time there.  Just about everyone in the organization had an issue with him at some point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 02:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: They're probably going to fire Marvin Lewis and hire a guy named Marvin Lewis just to make people think we have a new head coach..

OMG, I so want Brown to hire a guy named Lewis Marvin now. It'd be EPIC.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:50 AM)breaker407 Wrote: This will never happen but I'd still like to have Marvin as DC because I think defense is what he does best and he'd be an upgrade over Paulie. Obviously this is wishful thinking. Marvin has been HC so long that I can't realistically see him stepping down to DC and letting someone else captain the ship. I'd just hate to see him as a DC for another team because he is a really good defensive coach. I don't see him being offered another HC in the NFL, maybe college, but he could easily be DC for many teams.

In an alternate universe our Bengals have Zimmer as HC, Hue as OC, and Lewis as DC.

I'm reasonably sure that NFL rules would prohibit Lewis being a DC on the same team as he was a HC. 
Reply/Quote
If Hue wasn't under contract,that's a remote possibility. The way MB does things who knows? He likes to promote within, but,the ranks within are starting to get a little thin.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Trying to be realistic, I know that we aren't going to get a coach like Josh McDaniels and have him bring Matt Patricia over as his DC.  Would it be feasible for Hue to want to be an OC under Paulie?  He has a guaranteed contract under Cleveland but there is some internal strife there and he could be available.  This offense rolled in 2015 under his tutelage, and I won't hold him responsible at all for what has happened in Cleveland after stripping that team of any talent for picks and only one draft class under his belt.

Would it make more sense to have Hue as HC?  Who would run the offense?  Does he deserve that opportunity over Paulie after leaving?  He won't need crazy money to come back here, and we know everyone here likes him.

I would imagine the best possible (realistic) scenario would be for Paulie G to be HC and Hue be the OC, and fire that turd Alexander.  

Thoughts?

I think it would as long as we do move on from the turd.

Of course i would rather get rid of all stink Marvin but Paulie G does understand that you have to adjust at times and
Hue has shown he is a very good OC. This is definately not my first option but as long as both Marv and PA are gone
i will have hope for the future. These are the two holding back this team and with Marv no longer here sticking his
nose where it doesn't belong in the Offense and no more Piano man we could win a playoff game and make a run IMO.

BTW, my first option is to hire Nagy as the HC and let him pick his own staff. I know it won't happen but that is mine.

Getting an Andy Reid disciple in here would change this shitty culture.
Reply/Quote
Whoever will work for 50 cents on the dollar and wipe his ass is who Mikey Boy will hire.

Cheapest bastard in existence.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 05:50 PM)Rattler Wrote: Whoever will work for 50 cents on the dollar and wipe his ass is who Mikey Boy will hire.  

Cheapest bastard in existence.

I think Milton Berle would have somethign to say about that.

Wait a second. 
Milton Berle
Mike Brown

Shocked
Reply/Quote