Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Hue as OC and Paulie G as HC work?
(11-15-2017, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I prefer Larv Mewis

[Image: 1557494_10101364646928600_14694818154605...e=5AAAA9C9]

Considering how successful the Patiots have been, I wouldn't mind giving him a chance. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering how successful the Patiots have been, I wouldn't mind giving him a chance. Mellow

I was thinking of that, but he's wearing one of those helmets with the guy bending over on it.  I think he was the coach when they went 1-15. He does have a determined look in his eye, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was thinking of that, but he's wearing one of those helmets with the guy bending over on it.  I think he was the coach when they went 1-15.  He does have a determined look in his eye, though.

He also looks like the kind of guy that'll make players CLAW their way onto the team; that he'll settle for nothing less than PURRfection. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He also looks like the kind of guy that'll make players CLAW their way onto the team; that he'll settle for nothing less than PURRfection. Ninja

He will also bring along noteworthy free agents like Clawvin Johnson, Mathmew Stafford, GM Reggie Meowkenzie, Ezikemeow Elliot, Alvin Catmara, and Christian McCatfrey.

Anyways, back to pretending the Bengals will bring in outside talent.
Reply/Quote
NO, NO, NO, NO

Panic Hammer Dead Horse

We need fresh blood, a whole house cleaning and a hard nosed no nonsense offensive mind
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hell no to paulie guy should be fired and he is holding our defense back.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:33 AM)Madieu Superstar Wrote: Can we please stop with this? They went outside of the organization to hire Marvin, they should be able to do it again now.

I root for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl. I don’t root for them to settle. I settle in life. That’s why I have an unattractive wife and I sit in a cubicle all day. Sports are supposed to be a break from all that settling. Paul Guenther is the human equivalent of sitting hopelessly in a cubicle all day, waiting to die. I don’t want him to be the coach of my favorite football team. Because if he is, then being a sports fan becomes just like living life day-to-day, and that saps all the fun out of it.

Fred is that you? Seriously, that settle for mediocrity in your personal life (but not sports) bit is soooo Fred.

(11-15-2017, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He also looks like the kind of guy that'll make players CLAW their way onto the team; that he'll settle for nothing less than PURRfection. Ninja

He looks like the type that would (cat)nip problem players in the bud.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:13 PM)corpjet Wrote: NO, NO, NO, NO

Panic  Hammer  Dead Horse

We need fresh blood, a whole house cleaning and a hard nosed no nonsense offensive mind

Plus someone willing to accept any constraint that Bengals management places on them.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Plus someone willing to accept any constraint that Bengals management places on them.

Which means Hue or Paulie G
Reply/Quote
I think for all our sake we should all just take a break from the Bengals for about a couple years. I don't see this sickness and misery ending until we do that. Mind you I'm not saying Mike will change anything, but our lives will be healthier and better avoiding this cursed franchise for a little bit.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:46 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'm ready to get the whole Marv stink off this team. Clean house!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9816938]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I prefer Larv Mewis

[Image: 1557494_10101364646928600_14694818154605...e=5AAAA9C9]

Looks like he's from the Belichick coaching tree. 

I'll take him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:29 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I think for all our sake we should all just take a break from the Bengals for about a couple years. I don't see this sickness and misery ending until we do that. Mind you I'm not saying Mike will change anything, but our lives will be healthier and better avoiding this cursed franchise for a little bit.

its a catch 22...    If we don't support the franchise it will move then we wont have a franchise.
Reply/Quote
I know I've mentioned this but I'll throw it out again lol. My head coach candidate is Todd Haley.

It looked like Ben was in the twilight of his career under Bruce Arians... enter Todd Haley who revitalizes Ben and the Steelers offense. All of a sudden Ben looks better than he has his entire career. On top of that offensive line and th run game see huge improvements. Because of Haley they went from a defensive dominate team to an offedive juggernaut.

Haley also already knows the AFC North because he's game planned against the Ravens, Browns, and Bengals for quite a few years....while also seeing the Steelers defense all week.

As for the Offensive Coordinator I'd like to see them match Haley with Russ Grimm an old school offensive line coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Never have been a big Hue.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:29 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I think for all our sake we should all just take a break from the Bengals for about a couple years. I don't see this sickness and misery ending until we do that. Mind you I'm not saying Mike will change anything, but our lives will be healthier and better avoiding this cursed franchise for a little bit.

Probably true. We all essentially own Enron stock and watch the newspapers every day to see if it's going to go back up.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I know I've mentioned this but I'll throw it out again lol. My head coach candidate is Todd Haley.

It looked like Ben was in the twilight of his career under Bruce Arians... enter Todd Haley who revitalizes Ben and the Steelers offense. All of a sudden Ben looks better than he has his entire career. On top of that offensive line and th run game see huge improvements. Because of Haley they went from a defensive dominate team to an offedive juggernaut.

Haley also already knows the AFC North because he's game planned against the Ravens, Browns, and Bengals for quite a few years....while also seeing the Steelers defense all week.

As for the Offensive  Coordinator I'd like to see them match Haley with Russ Grimm an old school offensive line coach.

I like Haley as a coach...but it seems he has a very abrasive personality and does things to rub people the wrong way. Here are some examples. I don't see him co-existing with Bengals management:

Todd Haley sued for dog-sitting money
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/todd-haley-owes-thousands-of-dollars-in-dog-sitting-fees-101213

They also allegedly backed out of a $1 million house deal and trashed the home:
http://www.wpxi.com/news/steelers-todd-haley-wife-being-sued-home-builder/289235713

They also sued McDonalds for finding a rat in the salad:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/27/news/newsmakers/mcdonalds_rat/

He thought the Chiefs were bugging the phones when he was there:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1026276-todd-haleys-bugging-allegations-do-claims-hurt-his-chances-of-getting-hired

https://justblogbaby.com/2011/12/12/chiefs-cut-ties-with-todd-haley/
'Known for his abrasive nature and fiery temper, I’m sure Haley did his best to insult more than enough people he crossed paths with.'

Here he is refusing to shake Josh McDaniels hand after a game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88mxKNPHkdY
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Which means Hue or Paulie G

Did Hue burn the bridge by taking the HC job with the Browns?  I realize in Mike Brown's mind Hue turning down the vague "promise" to be the HC eventually was a slap in the face, no?  
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:33 AM)Madieu Superstar Wrote: Can we please stop with this? They went outside of the organization to hire Marvin, they should be able to do it again now.

I root for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl. I don’t root for them to settle. I settle in life. That’s why I have an unattractive wife and I sit in a cubicle all day. Sports are supposed to be a break from all that settling. Paul Guenther is the human equivalent of sitting hopelessly in a cubicle all day, waiting to die. I don’t want him to be the coach of my favorite football team. Because if he is, then being a sports fan becomes just like living life day-to-day, and that saps all the fun out of it.

Damn? Now that's an honest answer!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 03:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did Hue burn the bridge by taking the HC job with the Browns?  I realize in Mike Brown's mind Hue turning down the vague "promise" to be the HC eventually was a slap in the face, no?  

He probably did.
Reply/Quote