Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Hue as OC and Paulie G as HC work?
(11-15-2017, 03:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You think an abrasive coach is going to tolerate some of the 'frugal' ways the Bengals do business?

He wasn't a good HC in KC being fired after 3 years and they had a great personnel dept.

Also...Haley hates the Bengals:
http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/08/todd-haley-steelers-bounty-bengals-wallace-gilberry-threatened-week-14/

Yeah but he wouldn't hate a chance to be  HC again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 03:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is it possible to make an actual tiger the HC?  It doesn't have to be a bengal tiger, even.  I'll settle for a caspian tiger.

That'd be liking having a member of ISIS be the new HC of the Patriots. Mellow

(11-15-2017, 04:01 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Maybe we can play Mike's game with Mike. Don't support the team for a few years, and then wait until about two to three years before his lease is up in Cincinnati and start supporting. I'm not sure if it really will backfire all that much. It's not as if Mike will make any moves simply to appease the fan base.  Regardless, I am not sure if Mike outlives the time left on the lease (and that statement is not one of wishing ill will but simply being practical).

It didn't work in the 90s. Don't know why it would work now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That'd be liking having a member of ISIS be the new HC of the Patriots. Mellow

It would be pretty hard to come up with a way to try to change things that hasn't been done already.  His stubbornness has no Kryptonite.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That'd be liking having a member of ISIS be the new HC of the Patriots. Mellow

It wouldn't work if the goal is to change Mike. It would work if the goal is to extricate yourself from the yearly mediocrity (winning seasons have been around, but there is still that painful and frustrating 26 years and continuing playoff win drought). 

BUT, having said that, maybe it would work now because of two things: Mike is a whole heck of a lot older, so taking a temporary break, might mean that we don't have to root for a Mike Brown owned franchise when he is still "active" (again, I'm not wishing ill will, but just looking at it practically), and two, now that Cincinnati has been snookered into a sweetheart stadium deal (something that wasn't there in the 90s, even though the deal itself had been made in the 90s), and seen that Mike will still be Mike, it's easier to disconnect from the Bengals as a fan, and actually be ok with the Bengals being gone from Cincy due to the fans' apathy. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is what Haley is doing in Pittsburgh that impressive?

They have a HOF QB.

They have the best WR in football. They have the best RB in football. They have a good offensive line.

They have a great personnel department.

The get to play us twice a year along with the Browns twice a year. That's basically 3-4 gimme wins a year.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is what Haley is doing in Pittsburgh that impressive?

They have a HOF QB.

They have the best WR in football. They have the best RB in football. They have a good offensive line.

The get to play us twice a year along with the Browns twice a year. That's basically 3-4 gimme wins a year.

Pretty much.  People also mention Josh McDaniels who went from super successful Patriots OC to HC of the Broncos who promptly drove their two best offensive players out of town (because Matt Cassel is GOD!) and then bet the farm using Kyle Orton to bridge to Tim Tebow.  He then goes back to the Patriots and resumes winning.  He's gotten offers to be HC in the years since, I'm sure, but he's smart enough to know that being 2nd banana to Bill Bellichick is a lot better than holding the bag for some downtrodden franchise (and yes, that includes us).

Hmm, though prior to the Pats trading Goroppploloo I could see him becoming our HC and immediately sneaking around behind Dalton's back to get all his former backup QBs on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pretty much.  People also mention Josh McDaniels who went from super successful Patriots OC to HC of the Broncos who promptly drove their two best offensive players out of town (because Matt Cassel is GOD!) and then bet the farm using Kyle Orton to bridge to Tim Tebow.  He then goes back to the Patriots and resumes winning.  He's gotten offers to be HC in the years since, I'm sure, but he's smart enough to know that being 2nd banana to Bill Bellichick is a lot better than holding the bag for some downtrodden franchise (and yes, that includes us).

Hmm, though prior to the Pats trading Goroppploloo I could see him becoming our HC and immediately sneaking around behind Dalton's back to get all his former backup QBs on the roster.

Yeah...the Steelers and Patriots both have great front offices and systems in place to win.

The Bengals have none of that. Find a guy that installed a system for a team that had poor management and won...and that's our guy.
Reply/Quote
Didn't read all the way through, but neither of them can control this roster. I'm not sold Guenther can. I think we need a fresh start from top down. This roster is like kids. They already know what they can get away with with Guenther and Hue, and neither is good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is what Haley is doing in Pittsburgh that impressive?

They have a HOF QB.

He's using the tools he's got pretty well.  So, at least he's not blowing it.  That says some level of competence.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I know I've mentioned this but I'll throw it out again lol. My head coach candidate is Todd Haley.

It looked like Ben was in the twilight of his career under Bruce Arians... enter Todd Haley who revitalizes Ben and the Steelers offense. All of a sudden Ben looks better than he has his entire career. On top of that offensive line and th run game see huge improvements. Because of Haley they went from a defensive dominate team to an offedive juggernaut.

Haley also already knows the AFC North because he's game planned against the Ravens, Browns, and Bengals for quite a few years....while also seeing the Steelers defense all week.

As for the Offensive  Coordinator I'd like to see them match Haley with Russ Grimm an old school offensive line coach.

Id pass on Haley he just seems like an arrogant pr1ck.................no Squealers cast aways for me....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I am 100% sold that Hue will be the next head coach.
1.) Marvin won't be fired and he won't just leave the organization. I think he retires and then becomes a consultant for us.
2.) Hue knows Mike and Mike knows Hue. I think hue can work with him and convince him to change some things around.
3.) It doesn't matter who the head coach is if the front office isn't committed to winning the team will still underchieve
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:20 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am 100% sold that Hue will be the next head coach.
1.) Marvin won't be fired and he won't just leave the organization. I think he retires and then becomes a consultant for us.
2.) Hue knows Mike and Mike knows Hue. I think hue can work with him and convince him to change some things around.
3.) It doesn't matter who the head coach is if the front office isn't committed to winning the team will still underchieve

Well, Hue is now used to those crazy never bunt or steal, pick trading, too smart to take Wentz or Watson goobers running the mistake on the lake, so he is used to multiple types of crazy.

And btw, I 100% hope you are wrong.

Reply/Quote
Regardless of how you feel about Haley or McDaniels, would you really rather have an unofficial continuation of Marvin Lewis (Guenther at HC, Hue back as OC)?

Really? Shoot, lets just bring back Leslie Frazier, Bresnehan and Bratkowski while we're at it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Put me in the camp that wants nothing to do with any present or past Bengal coaches !

This team badly needs a complete fresh start with zero ties to past mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
Hue as OC would serve as A LOT of damage control. You'd get the best out of your remaining vets and would "only" have to fix the OL to compete on that side.

We've discussed the Paulie thing and I think the defense would rally around him running the ship. I'd prefer Coyle at DC in house, but they'd really need a vet like Haslett to help if nothing else to show Guenther what not to do as a HC. I'm prepared for an in house fix but the scenario in this discussion is one that would be smoother than most of the other options. If they don't fix the OL thought it's a lost season. Need a tackle in the 1st two rounds, another Bobbie Williams type move and a vet C or 3rd/4th pick.
Reply/Quote
I never thought I'd say it but we might just need Saban.

This team needs discipline.

That can lead to big game/championship poise.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: I never thought I'd say it but we might just need Saban.

I think I'd like that.

Question is, does he want to coach in the NFL again?  If so, we're out of luck.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I prefer Larv Mewis

[Image: 1557494_10101364646928600_14694818154605...e=5AAAA9C9]
This is my next pets name..  maybe a goat.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: I never thought I'd say it but we might just need Saban.

Does he have a younger brother that we could hire? That's more the Bengals style.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:25 PM)McC Wrote: Well, Hue is now used to those crazy never bunt or steal, pick trading, too smart to take Wentz or Watson goobers running the mistake on the lake, so he is used to multiple types of crazy.

And btw, I 100% hope you are wrong.

Idk how much Hue has input in Cleveland but I doubt it's very little... Hue should have been coach in 16 but Mike doesn't like change.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote