Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The curse of Ryan Finley
We just swept the Steelers by a combined score of 65-20!

For comparison, in 2009 we swept them by a combined score of 41-32.

In his last 3 against the Bengals, Ben has averaged only 5.48 YPA with 3 TDs to 5 picks with a 66.9 passer rating on a whopping 137 attempts. Glorious.

Ryan Finley is still smiling. Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That devious smile he had in the bottom of that pile has somehow broken the jinx
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the team keeps this up and makes it to the postseason, I feel that the final home game the ruler of the jungle should be Bo Jackson. Bring him in and break that damn curse so we can win a postseason game.

As for Finley, somehow, someway that dude needs a job on the team. I don't care if it is assistant to the assistant Quarterback coach, keep that magical mojo around.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't really know what to say but...

[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We still have 4 more seasons of not losing to Pittsburgh to pay them back for the 11 in a row they took from this. Pittsburgh will be back sooner rather than later.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:02 PM)jason Wrote: We still have 4 more seasons of not losing to Pittsburgh to pay them back for the 11 in a row they took from this. Pittsburgh will be back sooner rather than later.

Idk man. It's a QB driven league now, and Ben is near the end. I doubt they find another elite QB right away..

On top of that, I think Marv's schemes just didn't match up well with the Steelers. Zac's obviously do. Marv was around for 16 years, so I forgive people for forgetting that the Steelers haven't always dominated us. Not even in the 90s.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. It's a QB driven league now, and Ben is near the end. I doubt they find another elite QB right away..

On top of that, I think Marv's schemes just didn't match up well with the Steelers. Zac's obviously do. Marv was around for 16 years, so I forgive people for forgetting that the Steelers haven't always dominated us. Not even in the 90s.

Agreed about them having the challenge of finding an elite QB. I don't think the '22 draft class has one.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. It's a QB driven league now, and Ben is near the end. I doubt they find another elite QB right away..

You don't think Russell Wilson or Deshuan Watson would look pretty scary in a Steelers uniform?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:25 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed about them having the challenge of finding an elite QB. I don't think the '22 draft class has one.

Two to three of the best QBs in the league want out of their current situations.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:30 PM)jason Wrote: Two to three of the best QBs in the league want out of their current situations.

Fair and lets hope they go to places like SF and Denver. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: You don't think Russell Wilson or Deshuan Watson would look pretty scary in a Steelers uniform?

This.  The 22 QB class looks suspect at the moment, but that doesn't mean this is a dire time to be looking for a QB.  I'd take Rodgers off the list, though...he won the staring contest vs GB and he has that franchise by the balls for the rest of his career because unlike when Favre jerked them around they don't have a hit QB on the bench.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: Deshuan Watson

Well the Packers went from one elite QB (Farve) to another (Rodgers), so I guess it'd make sense for the Steelers to go from one rapist to another.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:02 PM)jason Wrote: We still have 4 more seasons of not losing to Pittsburgh to pay them back for the 11 in a row they took from this. Pittsburgh will be back sooner rather than later.

That's the spirit
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote

It's not even 24 hours and we are already finding the downside of things??

As for them being back soon. It is a QB driven league and right now they don't have one. Ben is toast and Mason is clearly not the answer. With their current record they won't be drafting high enough to get one of the top guys (not that there is a clear cut guy this season) so they should be down for a few seasons.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
All Bengals fans are smiling today and just busting out laughing occassionaly for no apparent reason at all.

Its a good feeling

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't believe it's a given the squeelers will rebound. How many believed the Bengals would tank in the 90s or this past decade? Sometimes a team just takes the dive and it takes a long time to crawl out of it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. It's a QB driven league now, and Ben is near the end. I doubt they find another elite QB right away..

That's true, and for a while, we dominated them in the 80s. Marv got his shit pushed in against these pukes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well the Packers went from one elite QB (Farve) to another (Rodgers), so I guess it'd make sense for the Steelers to go from one rapist to another.

Touche. Here's the thing, it's more than Pig Pen. They can't block very well, and now that NFL cracks down on spearing and cheap shots, no one's scared of these bums.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
And some of you same people here dogged Taylor for trading up to grab Finley. Hah! Fools! Never doubt the genius of Taylor's drafting. We can all only wait and see what fortune Sample will bring for us in the future.
Reply/Quote