Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The final 53 let's take a look
(08-24-2019, 01:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dugas had some bad snaps for sure. But so far he has shown more than Ogbuehi ever did. He may not be a lock to make it to the practice squad. He is also making one of the biggest jumps in competition level considering where he came from. It may be worth while to hang on to him and see what he can develop in to.

Dugas is perfect for the PS.  He isn't quite ready for prime time but has lots of upside

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 04:05 PM)pally Wrote: Dugas is perfect for the PS.  He isn't quite ready for prime time but has lots of upside

I see that as well. Give him a year and he may be our starting LT

Maybe, I missed it but I have yet to see him miss a block in pass protection. I did see him miss an assignment and forgot to block his man
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I see a lot of people feeling pretty strongly that we'll add an OT when cuts come down. I'm not so sure about this. Lots of teams need o-linemen. There are very few good tackles out there, and even an average to below average one is a commodity in demand right now.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but the likelihood of a serviceable tackle just falling into our lap is pretty low. I think Andre was their way of addressing things. If anyone above his caliber is added, I'b be a bit surprised.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 04:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I see a lot of people feeling pretty strongly that we'll add an OT when cuts come down.  I'm not so sure about this.  Lots of teams need o-linemen.  There are very few good tackles out there, and even an average to below average one is a commodity in demand right now.  

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but the likelihood of a serviceable tackle just falling into our lap is pretty low.  I think Andre was their way of addressing things.  If anyone above his caliber is added, I'b be a bit surprised.

I sadly think you are spot on.

Good or Great OT's are not sitting around and teams know they are a comodity

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Interesting little article on PFT says the Phins could cut or trade Stills, Alonso, and Reshad Jones.

Almost zero chance Stills gets signed here for non-football related reasons, so that's moot.

Jones could probably get a nice contract as he's still a good safety, and we don't so much need safeties right now.

Alonso interests me if he's cut or available for a late rounder. Our linebackers are still pretty bad, cumulatively speaking. If any one of Brown, Vigil, or Pratt goes down, we're stuck with the same absolutely awful options stepping into starting roles. Alonso is an option I'd consider. I'd do anything to avoid seeing Hardy or Evans out there any more than absolutely necessary. They are a recipe for losing and a huge reason why this was the worst defense in football last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 04:35 PM)samhain Wrote: Interesting little article on PFT says the Phins could cut or trade Stills, Alonso, and Reshad Jones.

Almost zero chance Stills gets signed here for non-football related reasons, so that's moot.

Jones could probably get a nice contract as he's still a good safety, and we don't so much need safeties right now.

Alonso interests me if he's cut or available for a late rounder. Our linebackers are still pretty bad, cumulatively speaking. If any one of Brown, Vigil, or Pratt goes down, we're stuck with the same absolutely awful options stepping into starting roles. Alonso is an option I'd consider. I'd do anything to avoid seeing Hardy or Evans out there any more than absolutely necessary. They are a recipe for losing and a huge reason why this was the worst defense in football last year.

Laremy Tunsil!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 04:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I see a lot of people feeling pretty strongly that we'll add an OT when cuts come down.  I'm not so sure about this.  Lots of teams need o-linemen.  There are very few good tackles out there, and even an average to below average one is a commodity in demand right now.  

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but the likelihood of a serviceable tackle just falling into our lap is pretty low.  I think Andre was their way of addressing things.  If anyone above his caliber is added, I'b be a bit surprised.

Oh I agree, the scramble to pick up any cuts will be fast and furious. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a bunch of PS shuffling league wide.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 04:35 PM)samhain Wrote: Interesting little article on PFT says the Phins could cut or trade Stills, Alonso, and Reshad Jones.

Alonso interests me if he's cut or available for a late rounder.  Our linebackers are still pretty bad, cumulatively speaking.  If any one of Brown, Vigil, or Pratt goes down, we're stuck with the same absolutely awful options stepping into starting roles.  Alonso is an option I'd consider.  I'd do anything to avoid seeing Hardy or Evans out there any more than absolutely necessary.  They are a recipe for losing and a huge reason why this was the worst defense in football last year.

Alonso is reportedly getting outplayed by a guy they signed from the CFL.  That's why they want him gone.  He's nowhere near what he used to be.
Reply/Quote
Some cuts of vets may come this week if coach and FO are sure no trade value, otherwise I guess final cut down is next weekend sometime I believe.

I know it won't happen, but I wish Skins would be willing to trade Trent Williams to us. I can dream right. It appears his issues are more than money so each day that goes by Skins may change their stance of trying to keep him.

Reply/Quote
I think they'll keep 2 QB's:

Dalton
Finley

Bye Driskel.

Dolegala to the PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 12:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: With all but the final preseason game over I'm sure the staff has a good hold on who the final 53 are gonna be.

Let's start with the Oline and see who/how many there will be. I'm gonna guess 8, here's my picks.

C - Price
C/G - Hopkins
G - Jordan
G - Miller
G - Westerman
T - Glenn
T- Hart
T - Smith

That leaves cut or PS

Brad Lundblade 1 C
Justin Evans 1 G
John Jerry 9 G
Alex Redmond 3 G
Keaton Sutherland R G
O'shea Dugas R T

I'd say guys like Dugas, Sutherland, maybe even Evans hit PS. I'd also guess ZT is being an offensive minded HC is gonna keep as many playmakers as possible and rely on scheme and the TE's and WR's even to be a part of the blocking.

What ya think ?

I do really believe that they will pick up a young offensive tackle from the waiver wire.  Somewhere there is a team that will keep an undrafted free agent rather than try to sneak them through waivers that beeps out a mid-round pick probably do to a coaching change and the new coach wanting their own guys.  The Bangles could utilize their High waiver position and get a young player that has a year or two on his contract.  

Andre Smith fits the short-term but like you said the concussion issue to Cordy Glenn means we need somebody that can play now.  I prefer a vet but I think it'll be a young guy.
Reply/Quote
QB, RB and WR interest me.

Can they keep 3QBs?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 08:46 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: QB, RB and WR interest me.

Can they keep 3QBs?

Lets take a look at em
Reply/Quote
Here's a guess on QB, RB, WR, TE

QB - 2

Dalton
Finley

RB - 4

Mixon
Bernard
Anderson
Williams

TE 4

Eifert
Uzomah
Sample
Schreck

WR 7

AJ
Boyd
Ross
Erickson
Malone
Willis
Tate

PS Dolegala, Flowers, J. Franks, S. Morgan

With the 8 Oline that's 25
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 09:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here's a guess on QB, RB, WR, TE

QB - 2

Dalton
Finley

RB - 4

Mixon
Bernard
Anderson
Williams

TE 4

Eifert
Uzomah
Sample
Schreck

WR 7

AJ
Boyd
Ross
Erickson
Malone
Willis
Tate

PS Dolegala, Flowers, J. Franks, S. Morgan

With the 8 Oline that's 25

Works for me.  I hate risking the loss of Dolegala but he might get by
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 09:36 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Works for me.  I hate risking the loss of Dolegala but he might get by

The injuries/status of AJ and Ross hurts their options. They pretty much have to plan for the worst.

Eifert's history doesn't help either. 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 09:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The injuries/status of AJ and Ross hurts their options. They pretty much have to plan for the worst.

I kinda wish they could package Ross and Gio in a trade for a Tackle
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 09:52 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I kinda wish they could package Ross and Gio in a trade for a Tackle

It wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if they steal a player off the D and go 24 on that side. 10 Dline 5 LB 9 DB for example and get another OT.

Our LBer depth is crap anyways.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 10:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if they steal a player off the D and go 24 on that side. 10 Dline 5 LB 9 DB for example and get another OT.

Our LBer depth is crap anyways.

Honestly, I'm not sure there's 5 LBs on this roster worth keeping. There's Brown, Evans, Vigil, Pratt...I mean, you keep Jefferson just because he was a 3rd round pick I guess? Nickerson has played better than him, which is saying a lot cuz Nickerson sucks.

I kinda hope a good LB gets cut from another team just to give us a good 5th LB. If we put Jefferson on the PS, I doubt anyone nabs him.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 07:40 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: I think they'll keep 2 QB's:

Dalton
Finley

Bye Driskel.

Dolegala to the PS.

or maybe we will try and trade Driskel or Dolegala to the Colts now that Andrew Luck is supposedly retiring

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote