Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
The games are Boring
Saw we got the W this morning, but I really miss the 2021 version of this team.

These games are just boring to watch. If I wanted to watch buttcheek offense and a defense carrying Burrow across the finish line, i'd tune in come January.
If you didn't watch the game how can you claim it was boring?

The defense put on a clinic.... I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Might be time to find another sport?
[Image: 1500x500]
(09-26-2023, 01:13 PM)QueenCity Wrote: If you didn't watch the game how can you claim it was boring?

The defense put on a clinic.... I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Might be time to find another sport?

I watched about 3 quarters while cooking dinner. Completely disengaged at the end.
(09-26-2023, 01:14 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I watched about 3 quarters while cooking dinner. Completely disengaged at the end.

I don't think you will find like-minded people. Little bit of a tone-deaf post.
I honestly have felt better and had a better time watching some hard fought losses then I have these last few games, particularly last night.

This dinking and dunking shit has got to stop. Take a shot down the field.
Maybe im just a different breed but I don't mind a hard fought, gritty win. Football is a battle its not always pretty but it feels great to grind out a win.

Cigar
(09-26-2023, 01:10 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Saw we got the W this morning, but I really miss the 2021 version of this team.

These games are just boring to watch. If I wanted to watch buttcheek offense and a defense carrying Burrow across the finish line, i'd tune in come January.

Can we ban this CLEAR troll, already?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(09-26-2023, 01:22 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Maybe im just a different breed but I don't mind a hard fought, gritty win.  Football is a battle its not always pretty but it feels great to grind out a win.

You ARE a different breed from the OP. You are actually a Bengals fan.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I loved it. While seeing Bengals fly into the endzone is great, seeing the defense dominate is very satisfying.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
(09-26-2023, 01:22 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Maybe im just a different breed but I don't mind a hard fought, gritty win.  Football is a battle its not always pretty but it feels great to grind out a win.

I do too. But week in and week out? 

I mean, say what you want about Miami, but i'm sure that 70 point smackdown they laid will be something none of their fans will never forget. They probably had a great time.
(09-26-2023, 01:24 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I do too. But week in and week out? 

I mean, say what you want about Miami, but i'm sure that 70 point smackdown they laid will be something none of their fans will never forget. They probably had a great time.

What's stopping you from becoming a Miami fan?  Clearly you aren't much of a Bengals fan.  Just buy a Tyreek jersey and hop on their bandwagon.

Cigar
(09-26-2023, 01:24 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I do too. But week in and week out? 

You don't like winning week in and week out?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-26-2023, 01:13 PM)QueenCity Wrote: If you didn't watch the game how can you claim it was boring?

Our offense is kinda boring. I'm still watching though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Maybe try college football, I hear they are not allowed to play defense
(09-26-2023, 01:31 PM)jason Wrote: Our offense is kinda boring. I'm still watching though.

I don't think I would have disagreed with the post if he said offense specifically. But to label the entire game as boring while the defense was getting 5+ sacks and 2 picks is absurd. 
(09-26-2023, 01:28 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What's stopping you from becoming a Miami fan?  Clearly you aren't much of a Bengals fan.  Just buy a Tyreek jersey and hop on their bandwagon.

I'm an NFL fan but will always have an empahsis for the Bengals as a hometown team.

I've spent thousands of dollars on games and merch. You'll have to excuse me from disregarding critiques from others on how to be a proper fan.
(09-26-2023, 01:35 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't think I would have disagreed with the post if he said offense specifically. But to label the entire game as boring while the defense was getting 5+ sacks and 2 picks is absurd. 

In which case you're just selectively reading.

Anyone can read the last part of the first post and see that my gripe was with the offense specifically.
I don’t care if we win every game 3-0 as long as there is a W by our name after 60 minutes.

Some people will find any reason to have a ***** and moan.
Think what you will of the OP, but it is true that our offense is...

Averaging 1 TD per game
30th in completion
32nd in yards per attempt
26th in passing yards
29th in rushing yards
25th in yards per carry
30th overall
28th scoring

...that is pretty unenjoyable to watch. I still will because it is the Bengals, but I don't feel the need to pretend it is enjoyable.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-26-2023, 01:35 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't think I would have disagreed with the post if he said offense specifically. But to label the entire game as boring while the defense was getting 5+ sacks and 2 picks is absurd. 

Yeah... the defense balled out. It was great to see Dax making plays. I'm also not sure they dragged Burrow across the finish line either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021