Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
The games are Boring
(09-26-2023, 05:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So you think Andy is drawing up all the plays where Mahomes pulls the ball and makes plays off the scramble??? Hilarious
If Reid was as great a coach as some of you make him out to be, he would never have been fired from his last job. He's got Mahomes, Taylor has Burrow, Belicheat had Brady.

No, that's all Mahomes, but that's not what is the point of this thread, right?
That's not by design, it's spur-of-the-moment decision by the QB.

Burrow is hobbled, so his ability to scramble/run isn't really going to be a thing.

If the intent of this thread is for the QB to be more improvisational, that's not on Taylor, and we're SOL because Burrow is only able to do what he's physically able to do right now.
However, if the intent is to be more creative with playcalling to scheme open receivers and be more productive on the ground to compensate for a banged-up QB, that definitely is heavily influenced by Andy Reid in KC, and Taylor does have a much bigger impact on that for Cincy's offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Great defense is never boring.
Depends what you find boring I guess?

Personally, my favourite type of football is the AFC North juggernaut... where two teams battle to a 17-14 scoreline.

Now granted, you'll see great defence in those games. Joe Burrow missing his receivers by a good 20 yards isn't great defence.

Ultimately, our key playmaker is limited, so you won't see the Bengals at their fluid best. It's obvious.

We did see great defence by the Bengals yesterday, and we saw an offence tough it out enough to put enough points on the board.

Probably won't be seeing many repeats of Bengals-Falcons or Bengals-Panthers this year, if those are what you find less boring.
(09-26-2023, 01:10 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Saw we got the W this morning, but I really miss the 2021 version of this team.

These games are just boring to watch. If I wanted to watch buttcheek offense and a defense carrying Burrow across the finish line, i'd tune in come January.

Yeah man, winning is a real downer. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-26-2023, 01:24 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I do too. But week in and week out? 

I mean, say what you want about Miami, but i'm sure that 70 point smackdown they laid will be something none of their fans will never forget. They probably had a great time.

So, they'll all forget it, then?  I'm sorry, but this has been bothering me for three pages and to the exclusion of everything else.  

[Image: 421113-20;1561471382x.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet