Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The incessant, weekly, cut Nugent extravaganza!!!
[Image: th?id=OIP.Mbae5a41ac1899d9baed1d94de6cf7...=328&h=136]
[Image: th?id=OIP.M037515872b3dddceff5f685dca5a9...=312&h=176]

THE 2 STANDS FOR "GO FOR 2"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: One of my friends who kicked in college educated me about kickers and, according to my friend, once a kicker's confidence is shot, it rarely returns.  He also broke down Mike Nugent's technique and explained why he's inconsistent; basically, his posture changes as he makes the kick much like a golfer who stands up through impact and pushes the ball dead right.  Then my kicker friend told me why Justin Tucker makes everything. He has perfect technique.

Preach it brother! :andy: 

I don't know if you'll reach everyone here though, because somebody here will tell you Nuge was 2-3 from 50+ last year in hopes to persuade you that he's actually a good kicker/or there is no one else available on the face of the planet can do a better job.  Then they'll move on to why Marvin has to stay as well.   A good portion of the fanbase is willing to accept mediocrity and that is why we haven't even won a playoff game in 25 years, much less even sniffed a Super Bowl.  No accountability from Mike Brown or Marvin Lewis and the fans refuse to make them pay for it.

14 years people.  Imagine if Belicheck went even 5 years?  They'd have his ass for sure up there in New England.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:12 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Are we sure that Nugent and Marvin aren't sleeper agents, paid off by the NFL and all the owners, including Mikey, to ensure the Bengals never win a Super Bowl? It's all starting to come together now...

This is sarcasm of course, but I was trying to think of rational ideas as to why Nugent is still on this team.

Yes.  In fact Nugent is the Marvchurian Candidate.
Reply/Quote
If this team doesn't go for 2 after every TD from here on out (seriously, what do we have to lose?), I will be PISSED... OFF
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:11 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Why is being a Buckeyes fan always looked at as a bad thing around here? I've been a Buckeyes fan my whole life, just like the Bengals. Fans of other college programs defend players from their school just as much. Are people just upset that the Buckeyes would probably kick the Bengals' ass?

That's not really directed at the poster I quoted, it's just Buckeyes fans catch a lot of unnecessary and undeserved heat on here.

As for Nugent, I've wanted his sorry ass gone for a couple of seasons at least. How this guy is still on the team absolutely blows my mind.

Because the buckeyes fanbase as a whole is pretty awful.  Loud, obnoxious etc...They are the steelers of college ball

And no,the buckeyes would have zero shot against any NFL team.  Im so tired of hearing that.   Even The browns would stomp the buckeyes by 50
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:11 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Why is being a Buckeyes fan always looked at as a bad thing around here? I've been a Buckeyes fan my whole life, just like the Bengals. Fans of other college programs defend players from their school just as much. Are people just upset that the Buckeyes would probably kick the Bengals' ass?

That's not really directed at the poster I quoted, it's just Buckeyes fans catch a lot of unnecessary and undeserved heat on here.

As for Nugent, I've wanted his sorry ass gone for a couple of seasons at least. How this guy is still on the team absolutely blows my mind.

You're one of the very few Buckeye fans that don't defend Nugent. I'm including the old boards, where most of them were ecstatic we let josh brown go (after he won us what was essentially a playoff game in Pittsburgh) to keep Nugent. I especalially remember the crap I got for merely calling Nugent "average" after he blew that OT kick. Now that it's insanely obvious Nuge is a steaming pile of dog s***, the consensus has finally changed. I apologize for lumping you together with all Buckeye fans but whenever I think of Nugent apologists I think of buckeye fans... Well them and Fred but, Fred's his own special self. Though I'm sure even Fred is done with Nugent at this point
Reply/Quote
I am sick of Mike Nugent. He absolutely sucks and has cost this team points and games and continues to do so. He has an average leg and his accuracy is crap. He should be cut immediately but everyone knows he will not because he is linked to Marvin forever. I was thinking today how it would be nice to have a kicker like Justin Tucker who rarely misses anything and can kick it from 55 yards plus regularly. During the offseason when he signed his franchise tag with the Ravens, I was even hoping that the Bengals would offer them a first round pick for him because he is arguably the best kicker in the league and he is on target all of the time. I know it was a crazy thought but it would have been nice to have someone who actually has great leg strength and amazing accuracy because every time Nugent comes in to kick I get nervous because I know that there is actually a better chance of him missing than making a field goal or extra point. He is getting paid nearly 3 million dollars to miss every kick under 35 yards. It is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
All someone has to do is come up with someone that is better, and available in the middle of the season. And no "anyone is better" crap, come up with a legit available kicker...
Reply/Quote
I still think we should make someone's dream come true and go to the make a wish foundation.
Reply/Quote
At this point go for it on 4th down across the 40yd line and go for 2 points instead of the extra point.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M7c1a81f3f0cde7563d3d93a1faee0...=300&h=300]
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of the whole fiasco with Brad St. Louis a couple years back. Held onto him way too long after all of those bad snaps.

Who knows, maybe we get lucky and get someone as reliable as Clark Harris whenever Nugent finally goes.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All someone has to do is come up with someone that is better, and available in the middle of the season. And no "anyone is better" crap, come up with a legit available kicker...

Randy Bullock for starters. Way bigger leg, primary issue was injuries. The Georgia guy who was kicking for Minnesota was/is also better.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
If Lewis lets Nugent go he would look like a hypocrite because Lewis knows he should have been fired three seasons ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:54 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: If Lewis lets Nugent go he would look like a hypocrite because Lewis knows he should have been fired three seasons ago.

He won't.

No point in admitting it was a wrong move keeping him and the season is pretty much over.

No sense trying to save face when yours looks like Glenn or Abraham's.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:40 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Reminds me of the whole fiasco with Brad St. Louis a couple years back. Held onto him way too long after all of those bad snaps.

Who knows, maybe we get lucky and get someone as reliable as Clark Harris whenever Nugent finally goes.

Same here, at some point Marvin is just letting him humiliate himself and cause people to flat out hate him.  He's already paid, just cut him.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.Mbae5a41ac1899d9baed1d94de6cf7...=328&h=136]
[Image: th?id=OIP.M037515872b3dddceff5f685dca5a9...=312&h=176]

THE 2 STANDS FOR "GO FOR 2"
I am thinking of asking posters to predict the number of points Nugent leaves on the field this season. We could keep missed PATs and FGs in separate categories. Cry
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I have no idea if he tried kicking after his 2015 hip replacement.... Nervous

Hip replacement and a little rusty. 

We'll take him. 

Upgrade !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We gotta stick with him guys.

Nugent is just about to get that 3rd wind.

Our special teams coach is just working through some things with him.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 10:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We gotta stick with him guys.

Nugent is just about to get that 3rd wind.

Our special teams coach is just working through some things with him.

Which is it?

[Image: th?id=OIP.M72e7ca4c7be1b61d1c1a82f547bee...=278&h=157][Image: th?id=OIP.M65c478abe7cc27626aed50cc6fc81...=258&h=173][Image: th?id=OIP.Mce7cccc826478fcb7c18825237482...=251&h=152]
Reply/Quote

People look badly on Ohio State fans because they make stupid comments like the Buckeyes would probably kick the Bengals' asses.  Anybody that believes that needs to put down the scarlet and grey Kool Aid.  Any NFL team would decimate the Buckeyes, in the Shoe, with a Big 10 officiating crew.  Seriously, the Buckeyes couldn't even win their conference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote