Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The incessant, weekly, cut Nugent extravaganza!!!
Why is everyone talking about getting rid of nugent? Is someone here going to redo his guaranteed contract so that kaytie can tell her geriatric daddy that they won't have to pay 2 kickers? You think that mizer ***** wants to win? You dummy's. They're just waiting for grandpa to say something abhorantly racists into a Wendy's drive through microphone so they can cash out when the league forces a sale.

Bunch of Fred's running around here like shits ok or going to change. Wake up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Mike-Nugent-making-the-wrong-kind-of-history-49344042

Nugent making the WRONG kind of history (yesterday)...

The Cincinnati Bengals have had a major kicker problem all season long and it continued on Sunday afternoon in the 19-14 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

Mike Nugent has been one of the worst kickers in the league and he missed an extra point on the teams only touchdown of the day. He has now missed three straight extra points dating back to last week's game, which is something that has not been done in a very long time.

Want the latest news and notes on the Cincinnati Bengals? -- Don't miss any of the action! Take five seconds to sign up for our FREE newsletter here.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau through ESPN's Katherine Terrell, the last time an NFL kicker missed three straight extra points was in 1986 when Max Zendejas did it as a member of the Washington Redskins.

Marvin Lewis stated last week that the team was going to stick with Nugent because of the lack of options on the market, but after the miss today after the touchdown and a 36-yard field goal that barely snuck through, the Bengals certainly have a decision to make in the coming days.
Reply/Quote
They are "sticking" with Nugent only because his contract is guaranteed.

I have now flipped on this. I want Bengals to lose out to improve draft position so let's keep Nugent and hope and pray that he loses at least two more games for the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nugent will make for a fine fall guy to excuse keeping Marv around. Hobspin probably already has the article ready to go.

1. The kicking game cost us at least 2 wins.
2. Injuries to Eifert, Green and Gio.
3. "Growing pains" for Ogbuehi
4. Working in New coaches (Zampese, Haslett, Coyle)

I'd bet any amount of money that Marv will be retained and Hobs will put out an article like this.

It's a guarantee that this crap will be posted on Bengals.com if Marvin is retained.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: how old is Jim breech?

Old enough to be immortalized in 8-bits.

[Image: NES--Tecmo%20Super%20Bowl_Jul8%202_11_54.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:53 AM)treee Wrote: *clunk clunk clunk*

Do you know what that sound is?

That is robotic Marvin clapping his titanium hands after Andrew Dalton III throws a pick six against the Steelers in the year 2096.

While up in a suite Mike Brown, now just a head in a jar, looks up momentarily and then returns to counting his money.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: While up in a suite Mike Brown, now just a head in a jar, looks up momentarily and then returns to counting his money.

While museum curators kaytie and troyeh tend to polishing the patriarchal jar.  With the spitting; and shinning.  
Reply/Quote
Before Justin Tucker, the Ravens had a pretty bad kicker IIRC. Tucker went undrafted. Anyone could have signed him.  

I guess my question is, how hard is it for us to get someone who will be in the top 3rd of kickers instead of the bottom 3rd?

Oh and if we insist on keeping Nuge till the end of the year, can we at least go for it on 4th down/go for two every time when we play the Steelers?

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: While up in a suite Mike Brown, now just a head in a jar, looks up momentarily and then returns to counting his money.

Nice...  is his head next to Richard Nixon's and Pamela Anderson's?

Okay I'm a fan of Futurama...  not   gonna   lie!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 05:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Old enough to be immortalized in 8-bits.

[Image: NES--Tecmo%20Super%20Bowl_Jul8%202_11_54.png]

Man, his stats sawked!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 01:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Man, his stats sawked!

But sadly, still more reliable than Nugent.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 04:07 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: But sadly, still more reliable than Nugent.

I witnessed a game winner in OT vs. Washington in '88.  The win also clinched either the division, or home field advantage, I can't remember for sure.  It was my first live game.  What a great memory, Riverfront was ROCKING.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 01:02 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Nice...  is his head next to Richard Nixon's and Pamela Anderson's?

Okay I'm a fan of Futurama...  not   gonna   lie!

Me too, and Mike Brown can...

[Image: 55490315.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Another week, another shanked extra point. Nugent is worse than Jon Lester throwing to first. The bright side is the Nuge extended his lead on missed kicks this year over the rest of the NFL.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
I was so frustrated when I turned on the Steelers' game to see that they signed Randy Bullock with an injury to their guy. He scored 10 points (3/3 on field goals - long of 44 yards and was 1/1 on PATs) and kicked off deep.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:48 PM)BoBengal Wrote: I was so frustrated when I turned on the Steelers' game to see that they signed Randy Bullock with an injury to their guy.  He scored 10 points (3/3 on field goals - long of 44 yards and was 1/1 on PATs) and kicked off deep.

Yeah, between Bullock and that wife-beater who ended up in NY that is the 2nd time I can think of where we went with the "better kicker" and he ended up being "not better."
Reply/Quote
Just remember that with an average kicker we would have 2 more wins at least. We'd be 6-6 instead of 4-7-1.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 02:04 AM)Joelist Wrote: Just remember that with an average kicker we would have 2 more wins at least. We'd be 6-6 instead of 4-7-1.

Sad but true. Loyalty has cost us a shot at the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 02:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sad but true. Loyalty has cost us a shot at the playoffs.

And, in a way, this is a microcosm what what is screwed up with this organization.  It's the little things that are not addressed that add up to the myriad reasons this team can't get over the hump.  The first, last, and only goal of ownership should be to maximize success and win titles.  The NFL is wildly profitable.  Teams increase in value each year. However, the FO has always valued profits over production.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:48 PM)BoBengal Wrote: I was so frustrated when I turned on the Steelers' game to see that they signed Randy Bullock with an injury to their guy.  He scored 10 points (3/3 on field goals - long of 44 yards and was 1/1 on PATs) and kicked off deep.

But this is impossible. We've been told over and over again that there weren't any better options out there  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote