Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The nation is cheering us on
(01-27-2022, 02:57 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm getting lots of support right now.  I was at the grocery store a couple days ago and the manager came up to me to tell me at the end of the aisle the Broncos merch was going for 90% off.  I said oh, I'm a Bengals fan.  He started laughing and said, since when?  Two weeks ago?  I said no, I grew up in Cincy so my whole life.  He got all excited for me and said good luck.  And a few other shoppers nearby heard the interaction and shared their good lucks as well.  Broncos absolutely hate the Chiefs and would love to see them out this weekend. 

I will say the passion has dimmed a lot in recent years with the team having several losing seasons in a row.  One good season and it'll be back, but I know lots of people skipping the games on Sunday and just investing a lot less time and interest. 

When I lived out there and had a Bengals hat on, Broncos fans were always eager to strike up a conversation. My favorite moments were the times I had to explain the concept of TV blackouts during the '90s as a Bengals fan. I'd joke that I probably saw Elway play more than Bengals QBs because the games weren't always on TV. Broncos fans didn't even know this was possible!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Looks like Broncos Nation in Colorado hate the Chiefs enough to root for us. I lived in Colorado nearly a decade and gained nothing but respect for the Broncos organization and their fanbase. It's a passionate and knowledgeable bunch.

Same here, lots of Steeler and Broncos fans here, always has been. Both of them hate the Chiefs, especially Bronco fans.

(01-27-2022, 02:57 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm getting lots of support right now.  I was at the grocery store a couple days ago and the manager came up to me to tell me at the end of the aisle the Broncos merch was going for 90% off.  I said oh, I'm a Bengals fan.  He started laughing and said, since when?  Two weeks ago?  I said no, I grew up in Cincy so my whole life.  He got all excited for me and said good luck.  And a few other shoppers nearby heard the interaction and shared their good lucks as well.  Broncos absolutely hate the Chiefs and would love to see them out this weekend. 

I will say the passion has dimmed a lot in recent years with the team having several losing seasons in a row.  One good season and it'll be back, but I know lots of people skipping the games on Sunday and just investing a lot less time and interest. 

They still have a good Defense, they just need a QB.

Don't know why anyone would be a Broncos fan though, always wondered. I never liked them. Guess you would have to live 
in Colorado to be one and even then I don't get it. I don't like their helmets or their uniforms and don't like Elway or Shannon
Sharpe or lots of their players. They are smug like the Chiefs fans were acting before we beat them the last time.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When I lived out there and had a Bengals hat on, Broncos fans were always eager to strike up a conversation. My favorite moments were the times I had to explain the concept of TV blackouts during the '90s as a Bengals fan. I'd joke that I probably saw Elway play more than Bengals QBs because the games weren't always on TV. Broncos fans didn't even know this was possible!

That's funny.  I was thinking this past week with the nostalgia wave how many games in the 90s I had to listen to on the radio because they weren't on TV.  So odd in many ways to go from that decade to where we are now! 

One fan I can always find whenever I go out and a game is on is a Buckeye fan.  They're everywhere.  I tell them I'm from Ohio and can usually score a free drink off that  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When I lived out there and had a Bengals hat on, Broncos fans were always eager to strike up a conversation. My favorite moments were the times I had to explain the concept of TV blackouts during the '90s as a Bengals fan. I'd joke that I probably saw Elway play more than Bengals QBs because the games weren't always on TV. Broncos fans didn't even know this was possible!

Biggest reason I dislike the Broncos has to be because they are always on the TV around here over the Bengals no matter 
how good we are playing or how big the game is. I have had to endure countless Bronco/Raiders games where both teams
suck.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Biggest reason I dislike the Broncos has to be because they are always on the TV around here over the Bengals no matter 
how good we are playing or how big the game is. I have had to endure countless Bronco/Raiders games where both teams
suck.

Well, it makes sense the Broncos reign supreme in Wyoming over the Bengals. The area loves the Broncos and I respect it. I've made this post before, but if the Colorado Rockies or Denver Nuggets won it all and the Broncos signed a third string QB the same day, everyone is talking about that third string QB. I had fun living out there when Manning won the Super Bowl along with that  Von Miller-lead, special defense. It was fun to watch Broncos fans enjoy the moment and I want to experience it as a Bengals fan.

Random & side note. I love Wyoming and especially Cheyenne. Everyone seemed so nice when I'd go there.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:04 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: That's funny.  I was thinking this past week with the nostalgia wave how many games in the 90s I had to listen to on the radio because they weren't on TV.  So odd in many ways to go from that decade to where we are now! 

One fan I can always find whenever I go out and a game is on is a Buckeye fan.  They're everywhere.  I tell them I'm from Ohio and can usually score a free drink off that  Smirk

Ah, I am not a Buckeye fan so I can't relate. I'm one of those who doesn't root for the college team unless I have an affiliation with them such as earning a degree.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, it makes sense the Broncos reign supreme in Wyoming over the Bengals. The area loves the Broncos and I respect it. I've made this post before, but if the Colorado Rockies or Denver Nuggets won it all and the Broncos signed a third string QB the same day, everyone is talking about that third string QB. I had fun living out there when Manning won the Super Bowl along with that  Von Miller-lead, special defense. It was fun to watch Broncos fans enjoy the moment and I want to experience it as a Bengals fan.

Random & side note. Everyone seemed so nice when I'd go there.

Stay away from the train station.....
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, it makes sense the Broncos reign supreme in Wyoming over the Bengals. The area loves the Broncos and I respect it. I've made this post before, but if the Colorado Rockies or Denver Nuggets won it all and the Broncos signed a third string QB the same day, everyone is talking about that third string QB. I had fun living out there when Manning won the Super Bowl along with that  Von Miller-lead, special defense. It was fun to watch Broncos fans enjoy the moment and I want to experience it as a Bengals fan.

Random & side note. I love Wyoming and especially Cheyenne. Everyone seemed so nice when I'd go there.

I actually like the Rockies baseball team. My sisters went to a game and said it was a blast.

I love my side of the state where the big mountains are. The rest of the state is pretty plain, namely the East.

Here in western Wyoming and going up North to Yellowstone is just beautiful.

Even in the winter when everyone gets cabin fever. Once spring comes around though everybody has a big smile on their face lol
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually like the Rockies baseball team. My sisters went to a game and said it was a blast.

I love my side of the state where the big mountains are. The rest of the state is pretty plain, namely the East.

Even in the winter when everyone gets cabin fever. Once spring comes around though everybody has a big smile on their face lol

Coors Field is a great place to watch a game especially when the weather is perfect. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Coors Field is a great place to watch a game especially when the weather is perfect. 

Planning on giving it a go one of these days, brewskies be expensive as heck but its worth it. Cool Cheers
Reply/Quote

I think we may have lived there around the same time. I lived in Fort Collins from 2002 until 2016.

(01-27-2022, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually like the Rockies baseball team. My sisters went to a game and said it was a blast.

Someone once told me that Western Wyoming has been trying to sell Eastern Wyoming to Nebraska for years, but they won't bite.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:06 PM)Earendil Wrote: I think we may have lived there around the same time. I lived in Fort Collins from 2002 until 2016.

Someone once told me that Western Wyoming has been trying to sell Eastern Wyoming to Nebraska for years, but they won't bite.

Yeah its UG LEE!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't know why anyone would be a Broncos fan though, always wondered. I never liked them. Guess you would have to live 
in Colorado to be one and even then I don't get it. I don't like their helmets or their uniforms and don't like Elway or Shannon
Sharpe or lots of their players. They are smug like the Chiefs fans were acting before we beat them the last time.

I can't bring myself to root for the Broncos ever. I don't like Elway (never have) and I don't really like the Manning family, either. But I do think every fanbase becomes smug after some repeated success. I can very easily see the Bengals fanbase being that way in a few years after some success. Not everyone, but I'm sure it'll be common enough.

(01-27-2022, 03:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ah, I am not a Buckeye fan so I can't relate. I'm one of those who doesn't root for the college team unless I have an affiliation with them such as earning a degree.

Growing up, I cheered for the Buckeyes and Notre Dame, but never followed either team closely. I'll certainly cheer for OSU over a lot of other teams if it comes down to it, but I'm not a big fan. I'm willing to say I am for free beer, though Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:31 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Growing up, I cheered for the Buckeyes and Notre Dame, but never followed either team closely.  I'll certainly cheer for OSU over a lot of other teams if it comes down to it, but I'm not a big fan.  I'm willing to say I am for free beer, though Wink

& CO definitely has lots of fine craft beer to pick from!
Reply/Quote
Four years ago, Chiefs were the team everybody was rooting for. People get sick of seeing same people win. I hope they want us to lose as much as the chiefs in four years, but we'll take the love for now.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:06 PM)Earendil Wrote: I think we may have lived there around the same time. I lived in Fort Collins from 2002 until 2016.

Ah, you left right when I arrived.  I musta smelled bad or something Hmm  I moved here in early 2016.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Beyond ridiculous that they would actually bring up a game from 4 years ago instead of talking about our week 17 matchup. I wonder who the National media want to see win this game… Ninja

DreK getting owned....lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:36 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Ah, you left right when I arrived.  I musta smelled bad or something Hmm  I moved here in early 2016.

We probably passed each other on I-70.
Reply/Quote
Can I just mention that over here in England we love an underdog ( which given the chiefs performance on Sunday we probably are) so a lot of neutral fans will be rooting for us given the far more exciting play we have now compared to two or three seasons ago. I can guarantee loads of people will tune in to both games over the weekend irrespective of who they support be it Washington fans to Jacksonville purely because we love the game. Being thousands of miles away geography doesn't influence who you follow, it can be one particular player or the colour of the kit or any daft reason but we find someone and we stick with them. I picked the Bengals in about 1985 because of Boomer Esiason and having the way coolest kit and I was hooked. Best wishes for the weekend and win or lose have a beer or two and enjoy the game, cheers, Cuzz.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:31 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I can't bring myself to root for the Broncos ever.  I don't like Elway (never have) and I don't really like the Manning family, either.  But I do think every fanbase becomes smug after some repeated success.  I can very easily see the Bengals fanbase being that way in a few years after some success.  Not everyone, but I'm sure it'll be common enough.

I like Peyton, that was the only time I liked the Broncos a touch, cause of him.

That will be somewhat welcome, I still hope we stay classy while we are winning.
Reply/Quote