Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The nation is cheering us on
(01-26-2022, 06:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He doesn't really do much of anything anymore, and I'd like to think that he'd just say "we finally won one, so I'm done," and officially retire and hand over everything, but I think he sees how special this team is and that we could easily repeat and even become a dynasty, so no way he passes on the opportunity to say he was running things during that.

Or, it could just be that he loves it so much he doesn't want to let go.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:49 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think it was done on purpose. Cbs aired the game. It was pretty much televised nationally

This is some sort of narrative manipulation by cbs

To what end? It only fires up our team more and fans the flames giving us more motivation...

Bengals fan at CBS is the only conclusion I can come up with if this was intentional. Not mentioning the game we played
this season where we beat the Chiefs holds some merit where this game years ago holds absolutely none.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To what end? It only fires up our team more and fans the flames giving us more motivation...

Bengals fan at CBS is the only conclusion I can come up with if this was intentional. Not mentioning the game we played
this season where we beat the Chiefs holds some merit where this game years ago holds absolutely none.

maybe they're trying to manipulate people into gambling a certain way? That's the only thing I can think of

or maybe it's just a Mahomes hype machine by any means necessary
Reply/Quote
As much grief as the usual suspects get and deserve, you have to give props to the good fans for this.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
[Image: 272705175_236151582020227_75397685729062...e=61F5DC33]
Cool
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:25 PM)wcu Wrote: Like most of you, I've been reading anything "Bengals" that I can get my hands on.  Right now, a lot of that is through social media.  Easily 75% of thousands upon thousands of commenters have said they're pulling for Cincinnati to win it all.  I've even seen multiple Steelers and Ravens fans cheering "Go Cincy! They deserve it!" and saw a Steelers fan that says they bought a Burrow jersey.  It's so rewarding for people across the country to start to see what we've seen all along in this team.  The whole country will cheer when Mike Brown hoists that Lombardi Trophy!

WHO DEY!!!

i know most nfl fans are rooting for us right now.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:06 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I remember the promotion Russel Wilson got after 2012, and they didnt even reach the NFC championship that year

That was his rookie year as a 3rd round pick, where he was a Pro Bowler, and they won their first playoff game and then lost when he threw for 385, 2 TD, rushed for another TD, and a 109.1 QB Rating.

It's not really an apples to apples comparison there, man.

You're talking about a guy with no expectations coming right out of the gate like a superstar versus a guy with absolutely tons of expectations who didn't. (Not that I disagree with the fact that the media doesn't really cover the Bengals equally, just that you made a silly comparison to try to prove it.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

WHO DEY!!!

Tiger Who Dey Rock On Who Dey Tiger Cool
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

Very interesting.  We have most of the south except Tennessee (butthurt from last weekend) and Alabama (Burrow/Chase LSU butthurt?) and Florida, for some reason.  Maybe they're upset we didn't take Tua?  Apparently, we have all of the Broncos fans, too.  Welcome aboard, New Hampshire.  Good to see Michigan pulling for Stafford.  I guess Philly is happy that the Rams exacted revenge on the Bucs for their Eagles beatdown?  

I'm curious what the Raiders fans are thinking today.  Yeah, the loss two weeks ago sucks, but they've hated KC for several decades.  I can't believe the majority would be pulling for them.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That was his rookie year as a 3rd round pick, where he was a Pro Bowler, and they won their first playoff game and then lost when he threw for 385, 2 TD, rushed for another TD, and a 109.1 QB Rating.

It's not really an apples to apples comparison there, man.

You're talking about a guy with no expectations coming right out of the gate like a superstar versus a guy with absolutely tons of expectations who didn't. (Not that I disagree with the fact that the media doesn't really cover the Bengals equally, just that you made a silly comparison to try to prove it.)

not really a silly comparison. That team got multiple sunday night games. Bengals did not
Reply/Quote
I will speak to New Jersey and get that shit straightened out. Probably stupid Jets fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:56 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: not really a silly comparison. That team got multiple sunday night games. Bengals did not

They got 1 in 2012, Week 16.

It was a divisonal matchup for 1st place against a team that went to the NFC Championship the year before.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
HA HA!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:42 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They got 1 in 2012, Week 16.

It was a divisonal matchup for 1st place against a team that went to the NFC Championship the year before.

I was thinking of the Monday night replacement ref game against the packers.

Still
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:18 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I will speak to New Jersey and get that shit straightened out. Probably stupid Jets fans.

Don't look at me! I ain't that blip in NJ. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It's crazy. I follow various NFL pages on FB, and anytime they've featured the Bengals, the comments section is usually full of people talking about other teams or just laughing at the Bengals.

Until this week. Seems like most neutrals are pulling for us. Makes sense as objectively speaking, we're one heck of a Cinderella story. And the players we field all seem pretty likeable.

Of course it's Social Media, so they could all be fake profiles for all I know. But it's so refreshing to see so many positive comments about our Bengals!
Reply/Quote

I think Wyoming is leaning more towards the Bengals from everyone I have talked to. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Wyoming is leaning more towards the Bengals from everyone I have talked to. ThumbsUp

Looks like Broncos Nation in Colorado hate the Chiefs enough to root for us. I lived in Colorado nearly a decade and gained nothing but respect for the Broncos organization and their fanbase. It's a passionate and knowledgeable bunch.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Looks like Broncos Nation in Colorado hate the Chiefs enough to root for us. I lived in Colorado nearly a decade and gained nothing but respect for the Broncos organization and their fanbase. It's a passionate and knowledgeable bunch.

I'm getting lots of support right now.  I was at the grocery store a couple days ago and the manager came up to me to tell me at the end of the aisle the Broncos merch was going for 90% off.  I said oh, I'm a Bengals fan.  He started laughing and said, since when?  Two weeks ago?  I said no, I grew up in Cincy so my whole life.  He got all excited for me and said good luck.  And a few other shoppers nearby heard the interaction and shared their good lucks as well.  Broncos absolutely hate the Chiefs and would love to see them out this weekend. 

I will say the passion has dimmed a lot in recent years with the team having several losing seasons in a row.  One good season and it'll be back, but I know lots of people skipping the games on Sunday and just investing a lot less time and interest. 
Reply/Quote