Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The nation is cheering us on
(01-24-2022, 05:52 PM)Takedown Wrote: Ahhh. So nice

Browns fans are so salty and keep bringing up they swept Bengals even though Bengals rested most starters last game.  They are so in denial and have been for quite some time. 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearance in over 26 years.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everybody is cheering us on except for the national media networks
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: For sure. Just think 4 years ago how many people were pulling for the Chiefs of the Pats and whoever else they played. Or Seattle when they first started their run. The Rams a few years ago. Eventually everyone turns and starts to hate you if you stay good for longer than a couple years. 

I remember pulling for the Patriots in 2001.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Browns fans are so salty and keep bringing up they swept Bengals even though Bengals rested most starters last game.  They are so in denial and have been for quite some time. 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearance in over 26 years.  

They damn near threw a parade when they finished 3rd in the division in 2018.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yes, for a while the Browns were the cool underdog team to root for since they nearly had a winless season not too long ago. People expected them to be the upstart this year and then it unraveled. It's interesting that Odell Beckham Jr. did not work out in Cleveland and then went on to really help the Rams. Maybe there is dysfunction up there?

The strategy of resting nearly all of the starters in that second game is proving to be a good one because it gave the staff a chance to evaluate backup players and of course rested the Joes, Tyler, and Tee. I had a strange reaction to the win on Saturday. I just watched the TV in stunned awe. And then, yesterday's Chief's game the whole last 10 minutes made me go WTF?
Reply/Quote
Apple did his best to halt the love fest today. But those two fanbases he angered still seemed to stick with the Bengals.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:05 PM)jason Wrote: I remember pulling for the Patriots in 2001.

Yep, they were playing the Rams, who had won a SB two seasons before, and I did not want them to repeat, so I liked the underdog Pats.  That was a thousand years ago.

And, let the Browns fans be salty.  I remember when they were SF fans for both of our SBs.  That's okay, I was a Denver fan on those two AFCCG Sundays in 1987 and 1988.  Elway will always have a fan in me for those two games.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, they were playing the Rams, who had won a SB two seasons before, and I did not want them to repeat, so I liked the underdog Pats.  That was a thousand years ago.

And, let the Browns fans be salty.  I remember when they were SF fans for both of our SBs.  That's okay, I was a Denver fan on those two AFCCG Sundays in 1987 and 1988.  Elway will always have a fan in me for those two games.  

Those games made Denver my second favorite team and they still are.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Browns fans are so salty and keep bringing up they swept Bengals even though Bengals rested most starters last game.  They are so in denial and have been for quite some time. 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearance in over 26 years.  

If they're so much better, why are they home with Baker Mayfield right now?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:25 PM)wcu Wrote: Like most of you, I've been reading anything "Bengals" that I can get my hands on.  Right now, a lot of that is through social media.  Easily 75% of thousands upon thousands of commenters have said they're pulling for Cincinnati to win it all.  I've even seen multiple Steelers and Ravens fans cheering "Go Cincy! They deserve it!" and saw a Steelers fan that says they bought a Burrow jersey.  It's so rewarding for people across the country to start to see what we've seen all along in this team.  The whole country will cheer when Mike Brown hoists that Lombardi Trophy!

Pretty wild, we are a fun team to watch and we are young and talented. We play with mad heart and we aren't the Chiefs.

Think people are a bit tired of the Chiefs already even if Mahomes is a magician out there at times. People like change.

Been forever since we have been formidable which also helps young fans and others jump on the bandwagon. Great times. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Read Bills' message boards for two hours last night. Lots of "GO BENGALS! " posts. Also, lots of "they don't have a chance" posts.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 08:56 PM)Takedown Wrote: If they're so much better, why are they home with Baker Mayfield right now?

Because he makes being at "home" look like so much fun in those commercials, I guess.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty wild, we are a fun team to watch and we are young and talented. We play with mad heart and we aren't the Chiefs.

Think people are a bit tired of the Chiefs already even if Mahomes is a magician out there at times. People like change.

Been forever since we have been formidable which also helps young fans and others jump on the bandwagon. Great times. Rock On

Favorite part about this squad

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Favorite part about this squad

It is why I am still picking us to beat the Chiefs Sunday and go to the Superbowl even if they are favored.

Our guys don't give up and we have already beat the Chiefs and our Defense is playing out of their minds right now.

Not going to pick against us, not anymore. Think we will win.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is why I am still picking us to beat the Chiefs Sunday and go to the Superbowl even if they are favored.

Our guys don't give up and we have already beat the Chiefs and our Defense is playing out of their minds right now.

At this point I'm good with picking with my heart through the remainder of this year... We're winnin' this b****... The whole thing. Already invited my dad (who took me to games back in the 80s) over for the Super Bowl. I doesn't usually watch games with him.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:05 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Read Bills' message boards for two hours last night. Lots of "GO BENGALS! " posts. Also, lots of "they don't have a chance" posts.

They might wanna check about 3 or 4 weeks back on our resume.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sean Payton just said he's rooting for the Bengals a little bit lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is why I am still picking us to beat the Chiefs Sunday and go to the Superbowl even if they are favored.

That heart and playing kickoff to final whistle is what's kept this team alive in a lot of games, and propelled them through the first two weeks of the postseason. They don't quit. That ability to execute each week and not get down when they're behind, always looking for an opportunity, that's why I think they can win this weekend and even win the Lombardi this year. It's so refreshing after watching years of the team folding in the big game or when things got hard.

(01-25-2022, 06:06 PM)jason Wrote: At this point I'm good with picking with my heart through the remainder of this year... We're winnin' this b****... The whole thing. Already invited my dad (who took me to games back in the 80s) over for the Super Bowl. I doesn't usually watch games with him.

I've told my family I'll fly out to Cincy to watch the game there if they make the SB. I'm not watching it here surrounded by non-Bengals fans, even if they're cheering for the Bengals. Plus I'd just want to be surrounded by that energy in Cincy for a couple days.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Sean Payton just said he's rooting for the Bengals a little bit lol.

Lol he just had the best line saying he was pulling for Trey Hendrickson and Vonn Bell then smiles and says "....and Eli (Apple) a little bit".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 06:06 PM)jason Wrote: At this point I'm good with picking with my heart through the remainder of this year... We're winnin' this b****... The whole thing. Already invited my dad (who took me to games back in the 80s) over for the Super Bowl. I doesn't usually watch games with him.

Same here, I will be watching the game with my entire family if we make the SB. They normally could give a rats ass 
about football, my bro in law says he is a Steeler fan just to get on my nerves but they don't know anything about the 
NFL at all hardly and wonder why I waste so much time following the Bengals. Now they are paying attention for once.

Fun times, they actually like the Bengals now which is insane to me. Damn bandwagoners.  Whatever

Still love them lol

(01-25-2022, 06:26 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: That heart and playing kickoff to final whistle is what's kept this team alive in a lot of games, and propelled them through the first two weeks of the postseason.  They don't quit.  That ability to execute each week and not get down when they're behind, always looking for an opportunity, that's why I think they can win this weekend and even win the Lombardi this year.  It's so refreshing after watching years of the team folding in the big game or when things got hard.

I've told my family I'll fly out to Cincy to watch the game there if they make the SB.  I'm not watching it here surrounded by non-Bengals fans, even if they're cheering for the Bengals.  Plus I'd just want to be surrounded by that energy in Cincy for a couple days.

Yes, this is a team you can believe in. Also we were down against the Chiefs and came back to beat them, as you say we don't
get down on ourselves and never quit, we think we can win if we are down by 24. I also think Burrow will start faster this game 
as he has already played the Chiefs D and has them figured out. They will change things up no question but Burrow will adapt.

Our Defense is a major reason we can win this game, we are made to play this type of QB. The type you keep in the pocket and
make him beat you there with our front 4 being in his face and on his blindside all game long. Should be a great game and I love
our heart to pull it out more than the Chiefs. Who knows though, it is in Arrowhead and it will be loud but it was damn loud in 
Nashville as well.
Reply/Quote