Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The nation is cheering us on
This as cool. https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-biggest-bandwagon-any-remaining-super-bowl-contender/?fbclid=IwAR0SCpfEbP0HIK9JYE5T08u2qZ7HnouWyhIJ6WyHx9aiLuIfOfdgLh8PzpU

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Craziest season ever. Damn Steeler fans rooting for us WTF?!!!StopTwitchWow
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This as cool. https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-biggest-bandwagon-any-remaining-super-bowl-contender/?fbclid=IwAR0SCpfEbP0HIK9JYE5T08u2qZ7HnouWyhIJ6WyHx9aiLuIfOfdgLh8PzpU

That is great to read.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This as cool. https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-biggest-bandwagon-any-remaining-super-bowl-contender/?fbclid=IwAR0SCpfEbP0HIK9JYE5T08u2qZ7HnouWyhIJ6WyHx9aiLuIfOfdgLh8PzpU

Thats my first time seeing the video of Matthews spraying that champagne on all those fans. Down with them all. Beat them by 40 so they know not to come back.
Reply/Quote
Beyond ridiculous that they would actually bring up a game from 4 years ago instead of talking about our week 17 matchup. I wonder who the National media want to see win this game… :ninja:

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:52 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Thats my first time seeing the video of Matthews spraying that champagne on all those fans. Down with them all. Beat them by 40 so they know not to come back.

It is like she is just pissing on all their own fans. Terrible and funny at the same time. Mellow

Yes, lets destroy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Beyond ridiculous that they would actually bring up a game from 4 years ago instead of talking about our week 17 matchup. I wonder who the National media want to see win this game… Ninja

More motivation?

Why?

We feast on this shit. Isn't even close to the same rosters FFS! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Beyond ridiculous that they would actually bring up a game from 4 years ago instead of talking about our week 17 matchup. I wonder who the National media want to see win this game… Ninja

Seriously CBS?! Thats the most recent game between these two teams you can remember?

Also of note, if I'm not mistaken, only two of the plays from that highlight film are still on that Chiefs team. Kareem Hunt the majority has been a Brownie for what, 3 years?
Reply/Quote

[Image: AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

if you check out any of the national media sports shows, they give time to every other team except the bengals. Bengals are lucky to get 3 minutes

You'd think they would want to promote Burrow?

I remember the promotion Russel Wilson got after 2012, and they didnt even reach the NFC championship that year
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:06 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: if you check out any of the national media sports shows, they give time to every other team except the bengals. Bengals are lucky to get 3 minutes

You'd think they would want to promote Burrow?

I remember the promotion Russel Wilson got after 2012, and they didnt even reach the NFC championship that year

This is pretty exceptionally sadly lazy though. Not even recognizing our last game with our existing rosters to some extent?

Shocked

Mind blown by this pathetic sad dive into ineptitude...
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple is trying to get some people to cheer for the Chiefs with the crap he's been talking about the Giants and Saints. Sheesh, it's not like he's been a stud for us. BJ Hill can talk though if he wants.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:19 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is pretty exceptionally sadly lazy though. Not even recognizing our last game with our existing rosters to some extent?

Shocked

Mind blown by this pathetic sad dive into ineptitude...

I think it was done on purpose. Cbs aired the game. It was pretty much televised nationally

This is some sort of narrative manipulation by cbs
Reply/Quote
Doc today...

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2022/01/26/cincinnati-bengals-fans-bandwagon-growing-afc-championship-game-kansas-city-chiefs-spread-odds/9224929002/

I love Bandwagon fans. Let’s get that out there right away.

Bandwagon-ers are not to be looked down upon, sneered at or viewed as a lesser species of sports enthusiast. Don’t feel superior to someone with the guts to walk away. Applaud them. They’re a reason you’re enjoying fan life right now.

The line between loyalty and stupidity is so fine it can’t be measured. Sports exist to make us happy. When they conspire to cause us to smash our foreheads against the Man Cave wall, something needs to change.

Sports loyalty is a weird commodity we don’t apply to any other consumer product. If your favorite brand of, I dunno, sauerkraut suddenly stops pleasantly puckering the corners of your mouth, do you keep eating it? “I’ve been eating the same pucker-ing sauerkraut since my mom made me eat it when I was 6. I’m now 112. I’m too old to change.’’

Sauerkraut, Doc?

Maybe your first car was a ’64 VW Beetle, so you’re still driving Beetles, even as they’re no longer noted for reliability, if indeed they ever were. What’s your point? That you drive a mediocre car because you’re. . . loyal?

'Take the attitude':How D.J. Reader represents the Cincinnati Bengals defense

How to watch the Bengals:What channel is the Bengals-Chiefs game on? When is the AFC Championship Game?

Jason Williams: Don't miss the moment, cynical Cincinnatian. Savor Bengals' run to the AFC Championship game

The actual point is, companies wanting to sell you something, whether it’s Stay-Puft marshmallows or season tickets, are the folks who should be worried about your patronage, not vice versa. I recall when Carl Lindner owned the Reds, he said he’d consider spending more money on players if more people came to Reds games.

Nonsense. Cart before horse.

You are trying to sell me something. You are lucky that pro sports are largely monopolies. Unless I live in New York, Chicago or LA, I can’t go across town to watch the other club in town. I can’t switch teams the way I can switch baked-bean loyalties. I’m stuck. Or not. Not if I’m a Bandwagon-eer.

The onus was on King Carl to make me wanna come to games.

Which gets us back to Bandwagon-istas.

They force change.

One way to make team ownership pay attention is hit ‘em in the wallet. It’s usually the only way. Whether you stop going to games or stop buying your gas at UDF, jumping off the bandwagon hits them where they live.

Bandwagon-ites don’t tolerate.

Here’s part of an e-mail I got Tuesday from a Mobster. He was a diehard fan for the Bengals first 20-plus years:

Then came the ‘90s and the ‘00s. I tried to be a fan but they were so bad and it REALLY appeared the ownership didn’t care. Come on-who hires Dave Shula and keeps Marvin Lewis year after year? Since they didn’t care I stopped caring and joined my father as a Packer fan. Even bought a share of stock. More important I became an active bungle hater. Lots of posts and ridicule pointed at those fools who supported a team (and in some cases spent thousands of dollars a year) which didn’t care about them. We’ll…now they’re playing well, have likable players, and MAYBE ownership is turning a corner. I’m happy to see them do well and they are fun to watch and people are excited and…I’m in a moral quandary (a place I think many Cincinnatians are). Can I now support a team I laughed at for the better part of 20 years? Probably overthinking this but I keep seeing all these fans who say “I never lost faith.”

There’s a little bit o’ him in all youse.

I told him what I’m telling you. Be a proud Bandwagon-eer. The other guys are the ones who have it backwards. Loyalty isn’t bestowed. It’s earned. Trust is not a given.

Owners rely on “loyalty’’ even as they don’t return it. Owners depend on fealty and prey on a “marketplace’’ that doesn’t exist. Essentially, they run a supermarket that only stocks one item. And they’re the only supermarket in town.

Don’t fall for that. Hop on and off the sports-wagon as much as you like.

What say you?
Reply/Quote
Not exactly “cheering us on” but I saw this in Puerto Rico yesterday.
Was happy to see some orange and black attacking some white and red that’s for sure
https://freeimage.host/i/l1Ehgt
Reply/Quote
Some great news is that my own dreams are seldom ever based on anything that actually happens. For example I never actually got laid ON freeway pavement in heavy traffic with a drop dead gorgeous woman or an ugly one for that matter, but I have dreamed of it. So I'm happy to announce that I dreamed that the Bengals lost big time in the Superbowl.. Now whether that means we'll win the SB or lose to KC? I don't know yet..but we ain't losing in the SB..  I'll keep you posted on my stupid dreams.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is why I am still picking us to beat the Chiefs Sunday and go to the Superbowl even if they are favored.

Our guys don't give up and we have already beat the Chiefs and our Defense is playing out of their minds right now.

Not going to pick against us, not anymore. Think we will win.

I ain't betting against JoeyB or Ja'marr or Jo'Marr again..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Inside Arrowhead, the loudest place on earth everytime the Chiefs are home, capacity of 76,416.
Outside Arrowhead... Bengals Nation.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: Some great news is that my own dreams are seldom ever based on anything that actually happens. For example I never actually got laid ON freeway pavement in heavy traffic with a drop dead gorgeous woman or an ugly one for that matter, but I have dreamed of it. So I'm happy to announce that I dreamed that the Bengals lost big time in the Superbowl.. Now whether that means we'll win the SB or lose to KC? I don't know yet..but we ain't losing in the SB..  I'll keep you posted on my stupid dreams.. ThumbsUp

While I obviously want us to win it all this year, if we lose to the Chiefs, or get to the Super Bowl and lose, I will be very happy if we get through the rest of the playoffs without major injury to anybody. If we return this team next year all healthy and ready for camp, instead of coming off or being in rehab, and add a few more pieces through FA and the draft, we should be right here again next year with an even stronger team. We are a couple of linemen away from being a team that would be tough for any team to beat. MY biggest fear is our biggest stars get injured so late this year they are not back for the start of next season. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:46 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I never even thought of that. Would he finally step away afterwards????

He doesn't really do much of anything anymore, and I'd like to think that he'd just say "we finally won one, so I'm done," and officially retire and hand over everything, but I think he sees how special this team is and that we could easily repeat and even become a dynasty, so no way he passes on the opportunity to say he was running things during that.
Reply/Quote