Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new face of France.
This is our new president. For once, he's brilliant.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/interview-with-french-president-emmanuel-macron-a-1172745.html

Macron: What is clear is that being president is the end of innocence for you as an individual. Nothing is innocent anymore when you are president. And that changes your life dramatically. Normally, everyone can afford the luxury of doing things that make no sense. They do things, no matter what it is, and nobody cares. But when you are president, everything is significant, at least for the others. Everything is important and could even have profound consequences. That is sometimes troubling, yes. But it isn't overwhelming.

I don't know why but reading this line leads me to put this there. The full interview might interest some people ( or not ).

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(10-20-2017, 11:49 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: This is our new president. For once, he's brilliant.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/interview-with-french-president-emmanuel-macron-a-1172745.html

Macron: What is clear is that being president is the end of innocence for you as an individual. Nothing is innocent anymore when you are president. And that changes your life dramatically. Normally, everyone can afford the luxury of doing things that make no sense. They do things, no matter what it is, and nobody cares. But when you are president, everything is significant, at least for the others. Everything is important and could even have profound consequences. That is sometimes troubling, yes. But it isn't overwhelming.

I don't know why but reading this line leads me to put this there. The full interview might interest some people ( or not ).

A lot of truth there, and not just at the top.

Back around a decade ago Kentucky made milk our official drink. I was at an event with an elected official who made a big deal about ordering it at a breakfast. All through the meal he never touched it. Off podium I asked him about it and he said "I can't stand the stuff, but we're trying to help out our ag producers."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
France is the big one across from England, right? I kid. I hope you guys do well with Macron.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-20-2017, 11:49 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: This is our new president. For once, he's brilliant.

We need to trade presidents.