Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season ended on this play...
Good teams win ugly....

Championship teams find a way to win in the end....

I was the blind fool holding out hope that the defense would get the offense the ball back and the offense would actually find a play that yielded positive yardage. I thought, hey, on the road, in prime time, I would take an ugly win...just get the ball back and get a FG.

And then...the worst rushing team in the NFL rammed it down their throats, not once but TWICE.

Great call, Paulie, playing back for the pass that was never going to happen, and great job by the LBs whiffing on the worst rushing team in the NFL.

Season over, clean house...and start thinking about FA and the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really think MCcarron should get a shot....Seasons over anyway.. See what we got before we lose him...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:10 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: I really think MCcarron should get a shot....Seasons over anyway.. See what we got before we lose him...

Absolutely stupid.  Dalton is the one thing that works on this team, and you want to replace him with someone that won't even be here next year.   :paul:
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely stupid.  Dalton is the one thing that works on this team, and you want to replace him with someone that won't even be here next year.   :paul:

....not to mention, as long as he holds the ball back there, they'll grind him into hamburger in two games. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I thought the most pathetic thing was a horrible rushing team tearing us to shreds with play action on their first drive without ever really trying to establish the run, but then they got that first down off a draw play to ice it. This D is almost as much of a joke as our OL.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good teams win ugly....

I was the blind fool holding out hope that the defense would get the offense the ball back and the offense would actually find a play that yielded positive yardage.  I thought, hey, on the road, in prime time, I would take an ugly win...just get the ball back and get a FG.  

And then...the worst rushing team in the NFL rammed it down their throats, not once but TWICE.  

Great call, Paulie, playing back for the pass that was never going to happen, and great job by the LBs whiffing on the worst rushing team in the NFL.

On the second one if they would have let him score they could of had the ball with 1:44 and down 8 with a chance still. 

Was shocked the Giants ran the second one in lieu of kneeling.

Could have been a fumble or a TD and the Bengals still had a chance when it could have been safely knelt down. 

But who am I trying to kid. We saw the O-line fold up and get dominated at end so it may have just been more embarrassing if we actually got the chance. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I was the blind fool holding out hope that the defense would get the offense the ball back and the offense would actually find a play that yielded positive yardage.  I thought, hey, on the road, in prime time, I would take an ugly win...just get the ball back and get a FG.  

I thought Boyd not making the catch at goal line was a huge rookie mistake.  He reached for the end zone before it was a catch.  If he just goes down before the goal line with the ball, I'm pretty sure we punch it in. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm just wondering what we will get in return for Dalton this off-season when he inevitably tells management to trade him or he will retire.
Reply/Quote

Pathetic huh ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - This is the worst coaching staff in the NFL
Reply/Quote
I Just loved the play calling to run the ball with about 1 min left in the first half. Let's not try and make some big chunk yards to get a FG before half. Nope. Let's just run the clock down. I honestly don't know how Boyd didn't get that TD. I guess leaping with the football after you established control isn't considered a catch.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely stupid.  Dalton is the one thing that works on this team, and you want to replace him with someone that won't even be here next year.   :paul:

On second thought maybe we should start AJM as to save Dalton's life.

Then at least we can still have Dalton next year when we can get some O-line help and hopefully a new O-line coach finally. lol

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:34 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I Just loved the play calling to run the ball with about 1 min left in the first half. Let's not try and make some big chunk yards to get a FG before half. Nope. Let's just run the clock down. I honestly don't know how Boyd didn't get that TD. I guess leaping with the football after you established control isn't considered a catch.

Thought it should have been TD as well.

Guess pass interference is not ever called on Hail Mary passes either because that could not have been more blatant. 

But understand that better than the no catch call for Boyd.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:10 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: I really think MCcarron should get a shot....Seasons over anyway.. See what we got before we lose him...

Who gives a flying rats ass if they lose McCarron. I wish the hell they would lose him so i don't have to ever read his name on these boards again. 

THE QB ISN'T THE PROBLEM ON THIS ******* TEAM

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:29 AM)Go Cards Wrote: On the second one if they would have let him score they could of had the ball with 1:44 and down 8 with a chance still. 

That's something the dumbass head coach of this team isn't smart enough to realize. Or even attempt because it's not in his "play it safe guide to coaching for dummies" handbook. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:34 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I Just loved the play calling to run the ball with about 1 min left in the first half. Let's not try and make some big chunk yards to get a FG before half. Nope. Let's just run the clock down. 

Yep. Typical Marv.

Quote:I honestly don't know how Boyd didn't get that TD. I guess leaping with the football after you established control isn't considered a catch.

He has to establish himself as a runner before the goal line comes into play and he has to maintain control through the ground if he's contacted before establishing himself as a runner. The same thing happened on the Eifert non-touchdown in Baltimore a couple years ago.

Reply/Quote
Why do people think Dalton is so good? What has he ever done? Dude blows in playoff / primetime games.. Throws stupid picks , holds the ball way to long , has always thrown the ball before the markers on a 3rd down.. I just don't get what people see in him...No one else in the NFL does thats for sure or fans of other teams...Mccarron got us closer to a playoff win then Dalton ever has or will I guarantee it...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who gives a flying rats ass if they lose McCarron. I wish the hell they would lose him so i don't have to ever read his name on these boards again. 

THE QB ISN'T THE PROBLEM ON THIS ******* TEAM

It's not all that stupid if he plays well maybe he can get us a first round pick in the offseason.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:56 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: Why do people think Dalton is so good? What has he ever done? Dude blows in playoff / primetime games.. Throws stupid picks , holds the ball way to long , has always thrown the ball before the markers on a 3rd down.. I just don't get what people see in him...No one else in the NFL does thats for sure or fans of other teams...

AJ McCarron is, on his best day, an average quarterback. 

Dalton is light years better. 

Lrn2football

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:57 AM)J24 Wrote: It's not all that stupid if he plays well maybe he can get us a first round pick in the offseason.

I wish i had a facepalm the size of Jupiter, right now. 

Reply/Quote
Dalton did miss a shot at Boyd for an easy 50 yard TD when he threw under to Green. This whole damn team is a mess. Did anyone else notice that once we started with the predictable run run pass they shut us down. One of the worst pass rushing teams and we help them out by running on first and 2nd (Or the pathetic out pass for a loss) constantly putting Dalton in 3rd and long. Hill sucks, Bernard makes some plays but the rare time we get a nice run its called back for holding. The Oline is Pathetic! the Play calling is a joke. On the other side we have hot headed idiots...Our D converts more 3rd downs on penalties than our offense gets in a game. This D is a combination of players that Zimmer brought in that he could control, and Marvin/Gunth cant and high draft picks that are A. bust or B not coached up. Its time to move on from Marvin and the whole staff. BTW the season ended when LaFell dropped the 3rd down pass. Other than that I would say This season ended when Marvin was extended.......
Reply/Quote