Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season ended on this play...
(11-15-2016, 02:21 AM)Whatever Wrote: I thought the most pathetic thing was a horrible rushing team tearing us to shreds with play action on their first drive without ever really trying to establish the run, but then they got that first down off a draw play to ice it.  This D is almost as much of a joke as our OL.

The Giants are a horrible rushing team and a horrible pass rushing team...and they did both against us. That has happened a lot of over the years though.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You can feel that way, and that's fine...but he didn't establish as a runner before contact was made by a defender and he started going to the ground.

CORRECT......people on here are confusing RBs with WRs and TEs........A RB can run, reach out, break the plain and it is a TD even as ball comes lose after breaking the plain........BUT........on passes you have to catch the ball.  If it is not a catch, it is not a TD and how could it be ????......We see this in back of end zone plays, side of end zone plays.  Even in the end zone plays. ...You have to catch the ball for it to be a TD.......Now Boyd could have caught the ball, but he reached out for the plain and crossed it and ball came out.  That is not a catch.  .....A Rookie Mistake.......Had he caught the ball and not reached out, I'm pretty sure he maintains possession and we have ball at the 1 or 2 and punch it in and go up 24 to 14 at that point. ........He had it but reached out for end zone and lost it all at the same time. .......The NFL is very big on this maintaining possession. ......Once it was not a catch, it could not be a touchdown. .....Giants controlled field position after this and Bengals not only never got close to end zone again, but were pinned near other end zone rest of the game.....Big MO swung back to Giants rest of game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:05 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: Stonyhands
Yep the interception overthrow and the multiple delay of games are clearly the one thing we have going for us on offense. Not to mention the complete lack of urgency in the 2 minute drill every single game.  We should definitely blow everything up and just build our team around our superstar QB.

thank you , at least im not the only one who sees it. Dalton had his chance this team is going no where with him. How much more talent could you put around him? I was pissed when he got re upped...Blow it up ...AJ is the only one that deserves his spot on this team. Everyone else I dont care .. This team had their chances 6 times now and has not got it done. Time for a  new approach...
You are far from the only 1 who thinks like that. If you want to be able to criticize Dalton fairly, I suggest you go to any sight not affiliated with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Damn, did he bang your wife or what's with the McCarron hate?

I don't hate him. I'm sure he's a cool dude and he has a pretty wife. 

What i hate is hearing about how he can come in and change things around.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:17 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Stupidest rule in football. A runner can reach in with football in hand, break the plane get ball slapped away or lose control and it's still a TD. 

However a receiver can catch a ball, grab ball with one hand break the plane get it slapped away or lose control and it's incomplete.

Both are breaking plane with ball in hand!

STUPID AND CONTRADICTORY!

Not really. It's all about being established as a runner. 

A running back already is, so breaking the plane is a TD.

A receiver, after catching the ball has to transition from being a receiver to a runner. Once he's established as a runner, the goal line then comes into play. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not really. It's all about being established as a runner. 

A running back already is, so breaking the plane is a TD.

A receiver, after catching the ball has to transition from being a receiver to a runner. Once he's established as a runner, the goal line then comes into play. 

Boyd caught the ball took 2 steps and then dove for the goal line. How is that not establishing himself as a runner?
Reply/Quote
Bro this season was doomed when we lost to Pittsburg and I truely believe that. I think the confidence and swag we would've got from winning that game would've helped us to a better record even if it is just one game

Since that game I feel like I haven't seen any fire from anybody like they all want the season to end
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Boyd caught the ball took 2 steps and then dove for the goal line. How is that not establishing himself as a runner?

He never caught the ball. Never had possession. Quit being such a homer.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 07:13 PM)Fresno B Wrote: He never caught the ball. Never had possession. Quit being such a homer.

He had control of the ball and took 2 steps. Watch the replay. Its pretty obvious.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Boyd caught the ball took 2 steps and then dove for the goal line. How is that not establishing himself as a runner?

Two reasons. First, you have to make 2 steps and...however the hell they term it now...make a football mover, or something like that. Two, you have to do this before you are contacted by a defender and going to the ground.

All he had to do was hang on to the ball as he was being tackled. 

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget Lafell's crucial drop on 3rd down, and Eifert letting a TD go right thru his hands in the 1st half.

The two TD passes get held onto, Marvin grows a pair and actually runs a 2 minute offense with the intention to score (even a FG) and Dalton would have a 3 TD game under his belt and the offense would have scored no less than 31 points.

2 TDs dropped turned 14 points into 6, and the lack of playcalling motivation before the half turned 3 into 0. But lets talk about Dalton, who was having to escape the pocket and throw on the run the entire game because his OL was about as useful as using wet single-ply toilet paper as a sail.

Funniest part about this thread is someone in it saying "last year Dalton hit his ceiling" as if 66.1% completion, 8.4 YPA, and a 106.2 QB Rating isn't a high enough ceiling to make them happy or something. Last I checked, if that was his ceiling, that would still make him easily a no-doubt franchise QB.

Marvin Lewis has had 5 QBs start multiple games under him. They have all had the same Prime Time/Postseason issues. Kitna, Palmer, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, McCarron. Yet somehow it's still Dalton's fault, not the HC who's been there for all 5 of them. Pretty sure I read that Marvin is now 6-24 in Prime Time games after Monday.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 01:08 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Two reasons. First, you have to make 2 steps and...however the hell they term it now...make a football mover, or something like that. Two, you have to do this before you are contacted by a defender and going to the ground.

All he had to do was hang on to the ball as he was being tackled. 

No one can tell me why this wasn't a TD, but the rookie TE reception from the steelers at week 2 was?  He went to the ground and the ball came out?  

Oh yeah, I forgot...Bengals vs steelers.  Duh. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No one can tell me why this wasn't a TD, but the rookie TE reception from the steelers at week 2 was?  He went to the ground and the ball came out?  

That's possibly one of the biggest reasons why nobody can define a catch anymore -- since they changed that the ground can help with a catch as long as a,b & c happens. Used to be; if the ball touches the ground, it's incomplete period.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No one can tell me why this wasn't a TD, but the rookie TE reception from the steelers at week 2 was?  He went to the ground and the ball came out?  

Nobody can define a catch anymore. Hell even many announcers will say it.

(11-16-2016, 09:43 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: That's possibly one of the biggest reasons why nobody can define a catch anymore -- since they changed that the ground can help with a catch as long as a,b & c happens. Used to be; if the ball touches the ground, it's incomplete period.

If they simplify the rules back down it won't be as easy to play favorites. No ninja here either !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The two TD passes get held onto, Marvin grows a pair and actually runs a 2 minute offense with the intention to score (even a FG) and Dalton would have a 3 TD game under his belt and the offense would have scored no less than 31 points.

2 TDs dropped turned 14 points into 6, and the lack of playcalling motivation before the half turned 3 into 0. But lets talk about Dalton, who was having to escape the pocket and throw on the run the entire game because his OL was about as useful as using wet single-ply toilet paper as a sail.

Funniest part about this thread is someone in it saying "last year Dalton hit his ceiling" as if 66.1% completion, 8.4 YPA, and a 106.2 QB Rating isn't a high enough ceiling to make them happy or something. Last I checked, if that was his ceiling, that would still make him easily a no-doubt franchise QB.

Marvin Lewis has had 5 QBs start multiple games under him. They have all had the same Prime Time/Postseason issues. Kitna, Palmer, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, McCarron. Yet somehow it's still Dalton's fault, not the HC who's been there for all 5 of them. Pretty sure I read that Marvin is now 6-24 in Prime Time games after Monday.

Fakts iz hard Leonard.....Cremzin Tide and stuffsLMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote