Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season isn't over...
Going to be going into week 4 soon. Still waiting for a reason to be excited for football.

I can truly see why there are so many bandwagon fans for the "good" teams. I could never do it, Bengals or nothing, but I bet they have a lot more enjoyment year in and year out then Bengals fans.

I try soooooo hard to stay positive and to never type anything negative or get angry, but the Bengals are really starting to take there toll on me.

Then you see Zimmer (I will never forgive the FO for that blunder) and Marvin Jones rocking it out and it just makes me so frustrated. I'm dead serious when I say I bet my 8 year old boy has 10x's the fire of Lewis.

NFL football is the only sport I care to watch and the only sport I get excited about. So while most of you move on to your next sport and team with hope for them I am left waiting 7 months for football to start again.

I understand that we are not out yet, that we have a couple key players coming back and that we are in a very tough part of our schedule, but loosing still takes a lot of the fun out of Sunday for me personally.

Who-Dey!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:32 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Come on guys.. Let's calm down a bit.. We lost to the best defense and the reigning Superbowl champions.

Actually it was over before today's kickoff game. This team will not win the big games and go any further than it has in years previous. Marvin Lewis will never bring this team deep in the playoffs because he's not capable of a head coach to do so. If he has he would've by now. Do you think after 7 losses something magically different has happened?

And using the Broncos are the best defense excuse is real lame. Know why? What do you think the Bengals have to go through to get anywhere in a playoff situation? Yup the best out there.

Did the Pats have an excuse when they lost with a third string QB starting? Oh god that's right they won 27-0 against a damn good Texans defense.
Reply/Quote
Meh, we're fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: Actually it was over before today's kickoff game. This team will not win the big games and go any further than it has in years previous. Marvin Lewis will never bring this team deep in the playoffs because he's not capable of a head coach to do so. If he has he would've by now. Do you think after 7 losses something magically different has happened?

And using the Broncos are the best defense excuse is real lame. Know why? What do you think the Bengals have to go through to get anywhere in a playoff situation? Yup the best out there.

Did the Pats have an excuse when they lost with a third string QB starting? Oh god that's right they won 27-0 against a damn  good Texans defense.

have to see what we do against brady and gronk. we'll also have tez and should be eiffert back. all chips on the table week 6. that patriots game is all or nothing imo.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:08 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: The season isn't over but this team won't win in the playoffs if they make it there. You have to win games like this at home. Not signing Marvin Jones or Sanu doesn't seem to smart now does it?

Marvin Jones is balling out Sad

Good for him, wish we kept him. Had 203 yards and 2 TDs today, Over 400 yards receiving in 3 games. :/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Pretty damn close to over. We have one WR. We get no pressure and can't cover for sh!t.

The silver lining: the return of vontaze burfict and eventually eifert....they better be the magic pieces, because this team is nowhere near where they were last year.

Good thing Eifert and Burfict are HUGE pieces then  ThumbsUp

To be honest, I felt we'd be missing the postseason this year. Tough schedule, and a pretty tough start. I thought we did well to win in NY, losing to PIT and DEN doesn't shock me at all. MIA always give us a tough game, but its a must win, considering DAL are no joke and NE will give us a pasting the week after.

We've just got to get to 4-4 at the halfway stage imo. 6-2 in the 2nd half gives us a shot of the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:21 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Good thing Eifert and Burfict are HUGE pieces then  ThumbsUp

To be honest, I felt we'd be missing the postseason this year. Tough schedule, and a pretty tough start. I thought we did well to win in NY, losing to PIT and DEN doesn't shock me at all. MIA always give us a tough game, but its a must win, considering DAL are no joke and NE will give us a pasting the week after.

We've just got to get to 4-4 at the halfway stage imo. 6-2 in the 2nd half gives us a shot of the postseason.

The more likely outcome is we'll be drafting in the top 5.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Short week, a night game on national tv, and against a team we are 5-16 overall with & 0-3 since 2010. 

Whats not to look forward to???

In fairness, the defense that owned us in the last 2-3 games was coached by our current secondary coach. I was glad to get Coyle back from them.

I don't like that it's a short week national tv game coming off a tough loss though. Can't say I'm super confident.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: The more likely outcome is we'll be drafting in the top 5.

If we're drafting Top 5 this will be a lot like the 2011 season. Tons of talent and way to good to go 4-12, but went 4-12 anyway.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:05 PM)WildCat Wrote: pretty sure tez was suspended for the first 4 games. miami will be our 4th game.......go eagles!!!

Nope.  Vontaze is only out 3 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:05 PM)WildCat Wrote: pretty sure tez was suspended for the first 4 games. miami will be our 4th game.......go eagles!!!

It was a three game suspension.  Tez will be back against Miami. But the big question is what has he been doing over the last 3 weeks.  Hopefully he was at an off sight training facility getting ready to play.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In fairness, the defense that owned us in the last 2-3 games was coached by our current secondary coach. I was glad to get Coyle back from them.

I don't like that it's a short week national tv game coming off a tough loss though. Can't say I'm super confident.

I think the Bengals will win this game decisively, truly. 

It's pretty much a must-win. I just hope Tez is ready to play.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:32 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Come on guys.. Let's calm down a bit.. We lost to the best defense and the reigning Superbowl champions. Of course, there was a lot of mistakes and whatever. We still got 13 games left and all of them are winnable (Except the Pats game, reason: Brady). Sure, we may not win the North, but we're capable of getting to the playoffs. Eifert should be back and Burfict will be back this week.

Let's not lose hope from 2 losses, Who Dey!

You're right, BUT, the coaching decisions are absolutely pathetic (being kind). The DC ought to have his ass kicked for his ignorant coverage decisions. Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:32 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Come on guys.. Let's calm down a bit.. We lost to the best defense and the reigning Superbowl champions. Of course, there was a lot of mistakes and whatever. We still got 13 games left and all of them are winnable (Except the Pats game, reason: Brady). Sure, we may not win the North, but we're capable of getting to the playoffs. Eifert should be back and Burfict will be back this week.

Let's not lose hope from 2 losses, Who Dey!

It is clear that we are not even close to what we were just a few months ago.  Same Bengals with bad decisions being made through out.  Burfict is going to be fat, and Bengals Doctors screwed us on Eifert.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:14 PM)WildCat Wrote:
have to see what we do against brady and gronk.
we'll also have tez and should be eiffert back. all chips on the table week 6. that patriots game is all or nothing imo.

Oh...so the rumors were true.  We actually do have to play New England??  

Yeah. 
F.
Reply/Quote
Yep season is far from over. Bengals haven't played well yet and were right in all 3 games against very good teams. The team will improve over the next few weeks and it will be fun to watch the team that played Pitt/Den/NYJ so close without even playing well once they start to clean these mistakes up. Outside of the pats the schedule looks very manageable from here on out...what's funny about everyone freaking out is most of them are the ones that predicted the bengals to get off to a rough start before the season. I thought we'd start better than this and I'm not overreacting, but the ones that expected this are acting like the sky is falling
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:13 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Meh, we're fine.

Sorry Ricky, we are not fine. 

Not....even....close

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:39 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: It is clear that we are not even close to what we were just a few months ago.  Same Bengals with bad decisions being made through out.  Burfict is going to be fat, and Bengals Doctors screwed us on Eifert.  

Same Bengals as when? A few months ago? Are you talking about the 2015 season? The training camp Bengals? 

This is not the 2015 Bengals, that's for sure.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:17 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Marvin Jones is balling out Sad

Good for him, wish we kept him. Had 203 yards and 2 TDs today, Over 400 yards receiving in 3 games. :/

Typical FO decision. However, had they kept Jones, Dalton still would hardly ever throw to him... if Green were on the field. We can see the results now. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:36 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I think the Bengals will win this game decisively, truly. 

It's pretty much a must-win. I just hope Tez is ready to play.

I hope you're right, but I can't remember the last time we won a prime time game decisively. Say by 14 points or more.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote