Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season isn't over...
I can already see how next weeks game will end. Eifert with an amazing catch for the go ahead TD, Miami threatens with under 1:00, 3rd and long, Burfict with a bonehead penalty to keep the drive alive for a Miami win.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:44 PM)Utts Wrote: Same Bengals as when? A few months ago? Are you talking about the 2015 season? The training camp Bengals? 

This is not the 2015 Bengals, that's for sure.

2015 Yes.  Check my other post, I went to practice this summer and could tell right away they were half the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:17 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Marvin Jones is balling out Sad

Good for him, wish we kept him. Had 203 yards and 2 TDs today, Over 400 yards receiving in 3 games. :/

He didn't have our o line blocking for him and the Denver defense to go against, but yes he is playing well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:45 PM)Derrick Wrote: Typical FO decision. However, had they kept Jones, Dalton still would hardly ever throw to him... if Green were on the field. We can see the results now. Whatever

By all accounts the FO offered him a contract every bit as big as the one Detroit gave him. He wanted to leave so he wasn't second fiddle to a stud like aj green. Sucks but at this point looks like his bet on himself was a good one. Nobody will ever put up those numbers when aj green is also on the field because he will get his fair share of looks
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hope you're right, but I can't remember the last time we won a prime time game decisively. Say by 14 points or more.
The last one off the top of my head was the Denver game in 05 where Chad lit the place up. There could have been one since then, but it doesn't come to mind immediately. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hope you're right, but I can't remember the last time we won a prime time game decisively. Say by 14 points or more.

Cleveland last year?

Denver the year before?
Reply/Quote
The season is not over, but it has a bad feel to it. They are headed into a Thursday night game where they traditionally play down a notch or two.

The offensive line continues to play badly. I know, people are going to say "but Hill was able to gain some yards today". He was towards the beginning of the game with two tight ends and an h-back staying in to help block (half his yards came off one play, the rest of the game he was under 3 ypc). After the first drive though, basically everyone in the stadium knew they were going to run out of that formation. Dalton did not have much time to throw, and there were a few times it looked like he was going to get his head taken off.

The defensive line is not putting much pressure on the opposing quarterbacks.

Adam Jones looked terrible today. At one point they showed stat that he had been targeted seven times for five receptions, one pass interference, and a touchdown. The second half it seemed like they threw to the left side of the field time after time. Dennard does not look much better.

I've given Zampese a pass up to this point, and actually defended him last week. The play calling today was completely abysmal.

The worst thing is the team looked flat today. They did not seem to have much excitement and that is completely unacceptable. It's your home opener, you need the win to go 2-1, and you're playing the defending Super Bowl champions. Super Bowl champions who are starting a seventh round quarterback... a guy that you let throw for 312 yards and four touchdowns.

If they lose Thursday, this team could easily be looking at 1-5. People will say I'm being overly dramatic, but this game coming up is as close to a must win as you can get for week four in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The season is not over, but it has a bad feel to it.  They are headed into a Thursday night game where they traditionally play down a notch or two.  

The offensive line continues to play badly.  I know, people are going to say "but Hill was able to gain some yards today".  He was towards the beginning of the game with two tight ends and an h-back staying in to help block (half his yards came off one play, the rest of the game he was under 3 ypc).  After the first drive though, basically everyone in the stadium knew they were going to run out of that formation.  Dalton did not have much time to throw, and there were a few times it looked like he was going to get his head taken off.

The defensive line is not putting much pressure on the opposing quarterbacks.

Adam Jones looked terrible today.  At one point they showed stat that he had been targeted seven times for five receptions, one pass interference, and a touchdown.  The second half it seemed like they threw to the left side of the field time after time.  Dennard does not look much better.

I've given Zampese a pass up to this point, and actually defended him last week.  The play calling today was completely abysmal.  

The worst thing is the team looked flat today.  They did not seem to have much excitement and that is completely unacceptable.  It's your home opener, you need the win to go 2-1, and you're playing the defending Super Bowl champions.  Super Bowl champions who are starting a seventh round quarterback... a guy that you let throw for 312 yards and four touchdowns.

If they lose Thursday, this team could easily be looking at 1-5.  People will say I'm being overly dramatic, but this game coming up is as close to a must win as you can get for week four in the NFL.

As of right expectations are not High.  Also AJ Green appears to be getting tired of it.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure about this season. The Oline is too small, we don't have the threats at receiver outside of Green, and we lack confidence and fire (Hue/Zimmer).

Our secondary had a rough game, but our D line "rotation" is a shell of it's former self. Anyone else tired of seeing MJ drop into coverage? I'm disappointed in the D allowing another no name qb to shine but I have more faith that they can get it fixed, although they are pretty banged up and losing Shaw, Dre, Jones on a short week hurts.

I'm watching all these games the last couple weeks and there are a lot of teams (even with rookie, no name qb's) that look better then the Bengals. Burfict will help the D, Eifert should be able to help, but we don't know if Zampese knows how to use a TE. Hue was the only coach that seems to have figured it out. We'll have to wait and see how his return works out.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
^ Don't think anyone would say you're being dramatic dude. We lose on Thursday it's pretty clear we're going 1-5 or 2-4. I'm sorry, but we just aren't beating the Patriots. Dallas have been appalling at home in their last 12 games or whatever it is, but that includes a heck of a lot of backup QBs playing for them I believe. Does look bleak in terms of the postseason already, our schedule is stacked. We need to try and get to 4-4 at the halfway point.
Reply/Quote
This team REALLY needs to win on Thursday night. Just did a search and found out that since 1990 there have been 21 teams that started 1-3 and made the playoffs. 300 teams have made the playoffs during that stretch, which means you have about a 1/15 shot at making it with a 1-3 start. Those are not good odds.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:14 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: As of right expectations are not High.  Also AJ Green appears to be getting tired of it.

I can't remember ever seeing him so upset. 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sure about this season. The Oline is too small, we don't have the threats at receiver outside of Green, and we lack confidence and fire (Hue/Zimmer).

Our secondary had a rough game, but our D line "rotation" is a shell of it's former self. Anyone else tired of seeing MJ drop into coverage? I'm disappointed in the D allowing another no name qb to shine but I have more faith that they can get it fixed, although they are pretty banged up and losing Shaw, Dre, Jones on a short week hurts.

I'm watching all these games the last couple weeks and there are a lot of teams (even with rookie, no name qb's)  that look better then the Bengals. Burfict will help the D, Eifert should be able to help, but we don't know if Zampese knows how to use a TE. Hue was the only coach that seems to have figured it out. We'll have to wait and see how his return works out.

Our Oline is not small.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:26 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This team REALLY needs to win on Thursday night.  Just did a search and found out that since 1990 there have been 21 teams that started 1-3 and made the playoffs.  300 teams have made the playoffs during that stretch, which means you have about a 1/15 shot at making it with a 1-3 start.  Those are not good odds.

Gotta go 9-3 minimum after going 1-3. 8/9 wins don't win the AFC North, 10 games is generally the absolute minimum for a wildcard.

If we go 1-3 the only way we get in is if we replicate something like Dalton's 2nd season; 3-5 then won 7 of 8.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can't remember ever seeing him so upset. 

I know it is wishful thinking, but I would really like to see our Head Coach get upset.  That BS call where they let the catch stand when it looked like a trap.  I would like to see him pull a Carrol, Saban, or Harbaugh and rip the headset off.  I would like to see him get in the official's ear.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I know it is wishful thinking, but I would really like to see our Head Coach get upset.  That BS call where they let the catch stand when it looked like a trap.  I would like to see him pull a Carrol, Saban, or Harbaugh and rip the headset off.  I would like to see him get in the official's ear.  

You're preaching to the choir! 

I'd love to see him do anything other than clap, and look confused. 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: By all accounts the FO offered him a contract every bit as big as the one Detroit gave him. He wanted to leave so he wasn't second fiddle to a stud like aj green. Sucks but at this point looks like his bet on himself was a good one. Nobody will ever put up those numbers when aj green is also on the field because he will get his fair share of looks

This^^^^. I was really angry when the Bengals didn't resign him. Then I read that they offered him a huge contract but he wanted to go to Detroit for the same money. I believe his last two active years here he had 1800 yards. For the third and sometimes fourth choice in the progression, that is elite. I know a lot of fans overlooked him. I knew he was the real deal.  I like who we have now but they aren't going to replace his production for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:54 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Cleveland last year?

Denver the year before?

You got me on Cleveland, but they were QB'd by Manziel for Pete's sake.

We didn't beat Denver by 14+. We beat them by 9, and it was closer than that really. Far from a "decisive victory".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I know it is wishful thinking, but I would really like to see our Head Coach get upset.  That BS call where they let the catch stand when it looked like a trap.  I would like to see him pull a Carrol, Saban, or Harbaugh and rip the headset off.  I would like to see him get in the official's ear.  

Me too. My thought is that the NFL and their minions do not respect Mike and Marvin. They wouldn't pull this crap with other teams. Other owners and head coaches would be calling press conferences to blast Goodell. Look at deflategate and Kraft. Not Marv or Mike. They are happy to hand the ball back to the officials. I think you can work officials just like coaches do in basketball. No officials wants his bad calls to be screamed about during the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You got me on Cleveland, but they were QB'd by Manziel for Pete's sake.

We didn't beat Denver by 14+. We beat them by 9, and it was closer than that really. Far from a "decisive victory".

Philly in 2012.

Our defense/STs took over that game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote