Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The stat nobody talks about
(09-20-2016, 10:05 PM)Antares Wrote: Really? I don't like what you are saying so I want you out? Seriously? Wouldn't it be soooooo much easier for you to find a topic that you are interested in? In other words acting like an American rather than trying to silence people.
You're not one of those folks who needs a safe space are you?

No, but the entire thread is about something that has been talked about ad naseum and then you come in acting like it's never been talked about without even bothering to look. You clearly aren't from Cincinnati or that big of a Bengals fan or you would hear it on the radio, see it in the news paper, or have read in on this board for the past 4+ years. Like other posters have said, you clearly don't realize Mike Brown couldn't care less about what us fans think.
Reply/Quote
The only person giving Lewis a pass is Mr Brown. I cant understand how Lewis is still the coach. I bet a friend if Cincy lost in the first round of playoffs last year, and Lewis wasn't fired I would shave my head. Thank god hair grows back, but I wont make that bet ever again.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:45 PM)Daddy-O Wrote:  On the other hand, imagine if Mike Tomlin lost to the Bengals and failed to win in the playoffs.  It would be hatchet time for ole' Mike.  Truth is it's all relative.  Pittsburgh has known winning and anything less is unacceptable. 

Bullshit.

Tomlin did not even have a winning record in '12 or '13. but he was not fired.
Reply/Quote
Yea but Tomlin has won a Playoff game and Super Bowl. Lewis may never he is a terrible coach.
Reply/Quote
I need a drink!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:53 PM)Antares Wrote: What a great point. Somebody at work today went back 14 years to remind me of what it was like before Marvin. I had to remind him that the Bengals had zero talent. Now they have talent but can't do anything with it other than win a few games against inferior opponents. When they need to stand up in a high pressure game and defeat a tough opponent, they are usually crushed. Underachieving coaching.

Since 2012 the Bengals have 12 wins against opponents that made the playoffs.  Only three teams have more.

Bengals are also one of only 5 teams that have a winning record against teams that finished with a winning record.

Bengals are elite against tough competition.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:26 PM)Antares Wrote: When was the last thread in this forum critisizing Marvin? I'm new here so help me out. 

Why do you need help looking just two threads below this one?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Where-was-the-challenge

Must be your troll vision.  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 11:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since 2012 the Bengals have 12 wins against opponents that made the playoffs.  Only three teams have more.

Bengals are also one of only 5 teams that have a winning record against teams that finished with a winning record.

Bengals are elite against tough competition.
Except when it counts.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 12:22 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Except when it counts.

If regular season does not count then how do they decide who goes to the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 11:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I need a drink!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:25 PM)Antares Wrote: It seems that under Marvin, the Bengals typically finish just below what there talent level should dictate. With a decent coach and this talent level would the Bengals have the ring by now?

This statement makes little sense.. how do you measure talent level ??? I coached for 20 years at different levels, talent is a blend of coaching, desire, ability. if the Bengals are talented credit the coaches also, they drafted most of them, they cultured them, they improved them... 

As for firing coaches.. over the past few years, Tomlin from Pittsburgh has lost to many more bad teams than the Bengals and have underachieved probably more than the Bengals over the past 5 years going with the talent they have had...., missing playoffs twice and going 1-3 in the playoffs... so why have the Steelers stuck with Tomlin ?? He is 10-11 against Ravens, lost 5 out of last 6 games. 

if the Steelers do not make it to the Super Bowl this year with what is supposed to be one of the top few most talented team in the league, will Pittsburgh let Tomlin go ? 

Maybe Marvin has kept his job because of his record against the  Ravens who over Marvin's tenure have been just as good as Steelers and Marvin is 16-10 I believe as a head coach against the Ravens.
Reply/Quote