Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft)
(04-02-2019, 11:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ryan Shazier’s...

He led with his head a lot on tackles. At some level a concussion is predictable, but there is some probability for the type of injury he experienced unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 11:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I get that. Still doesn't change the fact that he's played over 8 games exactly twice in 6 years.

Really what injury isn't a freak injury? It's not like guys go out there and expect to break a leg or sprain an ankle. Injuries always seem random. Some players just get more of them for whatever reason.

Of course players don't try to get hurt but there is a difference between a pulled hammy and a dislocated Ankle.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Every team has injuries , can’t use that as an excuse. Our defense was prett damn healthy all year only guy we had missing time was Burfict. I know Vigil was hurt too but he’s terrible. He did have a good first game then season went south. We will be lucky to stay relatively healthy this year on defense. We got spanked by the Browns n Steelers don’t see us magically getting better by bringing back the sane team. We need another year of 4-12 to draft a difference maker on d or O.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 12:24 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Every team has injuries , can’t use that as an excuse. Our defense was prett damn healthy all year only guy we had missing time was Burfict. I know Vigil was hurt too but he’s terrible. He did have a good first game then season went south. We will be lucky to stay relatively healthy this year on defense. We got spanked by the Browns n Steelers don’t see us magically getting better by bringing back the sane team. We need another year of 4-12 to draft a difference maker on d or O.

Brown and Lawson both missed 9 games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
2016. 6 wins
2017. 7 wins
2018. 6 wins

2019 we have pretty much the same team returning but we will be injury free all year n everyone will have a career year. Seems very logical. Fml
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 12:38 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 2016. 6 wins
2017. 7 wins
2018. 6 wins

2019 we have pretty much the same team returning but we will be injury free all year n everyone will have a career year. Seems very logical. Fml

If that’s directed towards me I’m not arguing that injuries held us back, just that you missed a couple key players that were out a significant amount of time.

Reply/Quote
Forgot about Brown. Lawson was extremely disappointing. I think he bulked up way too much. He was way to robotic stiff.
Reply/Quote
I'm not about to make a prediction, but I wonder if Rod Taylor will bring anything at all to the table. My fantasy brain wants him to become our dark horse All pro RT so of course he won't.. Oh well.. I tried.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 03:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, I just remember how we gave up an average of 31.5 points in the games Dalton started. We went 5-6 with Dalton, including 37-36 over the Falcons and 37-34 over the Bucs. We were Fitzpatrick not starting and a last second TD pass away from starting 3-8.

We got lucky to pull some of those games out. With as bad as the defense was, we wound up getting the record we deserved. 

We have great skill position players on offense and a solid QB, but we have a lot of holes (and mediocre/bad players) outside of that. 

I'm not trying to play optimist here, but one thing that has to be said, if we're going to talk about how close some of the wins are, is that over the last 8 games, the Bengals D was improved and gave up 24 or less 4 times. Two other times they gave up 26. Four of the eight losses were one score games. 

With an experienced QB like Dalton, it's not inconceivable that they could have finished 8-8 with him because Driskel was reeeaaalllyy bad. 

P.S. It should be noted that i feel kind of dirty because reading this post feels like i'm defending the team, to the point i almost deleted it.  Nervous

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Imagine how many more wins the Bengals will have with Haskins at quarterback. Looking like a strong possibility
Reply/Quote