Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The two Mike Brown Eras - Why there is still Hope for the 2nd but time is running out
(04-27-2017, 01:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: Thanks BonnieBengal,

I try my best.

The Bengals Front Office better Nail this Draft starting tonight, return to the Playoffs and then start winning in the Playoffs.

I'm hoping for a "WOW FACTOR Draft" and not a ho hum, so so, good but not Great Draft.

This one needs to be Impactful...

Well we can definitely agree on all of this. You got my vote also.

I don't take disagreements personally. This place wouldn't exist without disagreement.

Here's to a great draft and hopefully a better year in 2017.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well we can definitely agree on all of this. You got my vote also.

I don't take disagreements personally. This place wouldn't exist without disagreement.

Here's to a great draft and hopefully a better year in 2017.

The deep conversations with you and the Pistons have been insightful.

I think we are meeting at the fence line between Hopelessness and a glimmer of hope.

I'm still holding onto the glimmer and you guys are seemingly on the Hopeless until Mike and Marvin go side of the fence with plenty of evidence to support your cases.

Maybe a WOW Draft starting tonight could get you guys at least back on the Fence or even spark a glimmer.

Stranger things have happened.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: The deep conversations with you and the Pistons have been insightful.

I think we are meeting at the fence line between Hopelessness and a glimmer of hope.

I'm still holding onto the glimmer and you guys are seemingly on the Hopeless until Mike and Marvin go side of the fence with plenty of evidence to support your cases.

Maybe a WOW Draft starting tonight could get you guys at least back on the Fence or even spark a glimmer.

You got my vote as well.  I have enjoyed your fresh insight here. (and I like Charles Bronson...lol)

Some of us are just plain ol jaded my friend.  We've seen the dog and pony show one too many times to get too fired up anymore, I guess.  I'm not TOTALLY hopeless, but that hope is fading faster than Wal Mart jeans in a 55 gallon drum of Clorox.

On to the draft. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I kinda hate to walk in and piss in your cheerios, but... don't get too excited about the draft. 

No matter what happens over the weekend, the same 2 people that have been running this team will continue to run it this year and you will end up just as disappointed come January, as you have the previous 20+ Januarys. 

Best case scenario is that late in the  year, a key player goes down with an injury and people have an excuse about how "if only (so and so) hadn't gotten hurt, we would have won at least a playoff game and maybe made a run".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: The deep conversations with you and the Pistons have been insightful.

I wouldn't say I think things are hopeless. I do feel that the Bengals have made small improvements each year that have added up.

I feel like we had a Top 3-5 Roster in the NFL for a couple seasons.

As I said...instead of being a bottom 5 team in the NFL as were were for much of the 90's...we're perennially a Top 12-14-16 team.

I do feel that we've lost a lot of talent through attrition from our top roster...and we haven't exactly done a great job of drafting recently. Guys like Billings and Jackson could step in and be dominant players to offset some of that. And perhaps we'll draft a couple Pro Bowl guys this year.

We will win a playoff game eventually. Sheer probability factors into this.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wouldn't say I think things are hopeless. I do feel that the Bengals have made small improvements each year that have added up.

I feel like we had a Top 3-5 Roster in the NFL for a couple seasons.

As I said...instead of being a bottom 5 team in the NFL as were were for much of the 90's...we're perennially a Top 12-14-16 team.

I do feel that we've lost a lot of talent through attrition from our top roster...and we haven't exactly done a great job of drafting recently. Guys like Billings and Jackson could step in and be dominant players to offset some of that. And perhaps we'll draft a couple Pro Bowl guys this year.

We will win a playoff game eventually. Sheer probability factors into this.

I am a bit excited to see what these two can do.  I only hope Marv will let the kid takes his lumps early in the secondary instead of starting him year 4.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: I am a bit excited to see what these two can do.  I only hope Marv will let the kid takes his lumps early in the secondary instead of starting him year 4.

Yes. With our veterans aging and the losses we had in free agency...it was kind of obvious that we needed to start transitioning to letting young guys play.

I took hope that we play Jackson in atleast Nickle situations starting out.

I think we're going to be forced to rely on Billings whether we want to or not. Here's to hoping he produces!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. With our veterans aging and the losses we had in free agency...it was kind of obvious that we needed to start transitioning to letting young guys play.

I took hope that we play Jackson in atleast Nickle situations starting out.

I think we're going to be forced to rely on Billings whether we want to or not. Here's to hoping he produces!

Cheers

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I kinda hate to walk in and piss in your cheerios, but... don't get too excited about the draft. 

No matter what happens over the weekend, the same 2 people that have been running this team will continue to run it this year and you will end up just as disappointed come January, as you have the previous 20+ Januarys. 

Best case scenario is that late in the  year, a key player goes down with an injury and people have an excuse about how "if only (so and so) hadn't gotten hurt, we would have won at least a playoff game and maybe made a run".

I already ate my Cheerios before your Post. 

Good thing I did.   Tongue       
Reply/Quote