Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The worlds most liveable city
Is it a matter of taste, of personal preference, a purely subjective verdict? No! It can be measured and the title goes to my home town of Vienna.
Says the Economist, so it has to be true.

We have great public transportation, good health care, a rich cultural offering, so they say. True. I can get in the subway, visit great museums or the Opera, then have an excellent dinner, and if I break a leg in the process they patch it back together cost-free.

Not that I do any of that, sure. I sit at home and hang around on a board for the football team of the 18th unfriendliest city in the world, where I engage in increasingly depressing political debates with a bunch of Steelers fans, because of course. But I could! That's worth something. Now let me look down on the US in sheer arrogance since none of your shabby cities even make the top ten.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
#%^* you. Are we up to 17 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: Is it a matter of taste, of personal preference, a purely subjective verdict? No! It can be measured and the title goes to my home town of Vienna.
Says the Economist, so it has to be true.

We have great public transportation, good health care, a rich cultural offering, so they say. True. I can get in the subway, visit great museums or the Opera, then have an excellent dinner, and if I break a leg in the process they patch it back together cost-free.

Not that I do any of that, sure. I sit at home and hang around on a board for the football team of the 18th unfriendliest city in the world, where I of course engage in increasingly depressing political debates with a bunch of Steelers fans, because of course. But I could! That's worth something. Now let me look down on the US in sheer arrogance since none of your shabby cities even make the top ten.

Frankfurt, Germany is both the 7th friendliest city in the world and the 14th unfriendliest?
I realize it's two different sites with these lists, but it shows you can't trust either!
Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 09:11 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: #%^* you.  Are we up to 17 yet?  

Well, you'll always be number 1 in my heart now...
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 09:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Frankfurt, Germany is both the 7th friendliest city in the world and the 14th unfriendliest?
I realize it's two different sites with these lists, but it shows you can't trust either!
Smirk

No no, the Economist list is ranking the most liveable cities. It's not about friendlyness. If it were, Vienna could never ever be number 1. Eff you is basically our city slogan.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:08 AM)hollodero Wrote: No no, the Economist list is ranking the most liveable cities. It's not about friendlyness. If it were, Vienna could never ever be number 1 and it's not just because of me. Eff you is basically our city slogan.

Ahh thanks for pointing that out. Yea I missed that.
So Frankfurt is a very livable city but also not very friendly lol.

Noticed there isn't a single city in the US on the list. Very telling.
Mostly Europe with three Canadian cities and a Japanese city scattered in there.
What's the easiest EU country to get a visa for? Asking for a friend :)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 09:11 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: #%^* you.  Are we up to 17 yet?  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah 18 seems to low lol

Not sure how the comment of IT seemed Closed makes us Unfriendly but okay. lol
Reply/Quote
Congrats. If and when I ever make it to Europe, Vienna is on the list. Going by pictures, it's one of the most beautiful cities.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh thanks for pointing that out. Yea I missed that.

Noticed there isn't a single city in the US on the list. Very telling.
Mostly Europe with three Canadian cities and a Japanese city scattered in there.
What's the easiest EU country to get a visa for? Asking for a friend :)

In the USA we've figured out that it's easier to convince yourself that being disliked makes you awesome rather than make the effort to be likable. 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh thanks for pointing that out. Yea I missed that.

Yup, that's them, same as Wien/Vienna really. Now me personally, I'd rather suffer lifelong diarrhea then live in Frankfurt... speaking of, interestingly enough the same type of sausage is called Frankfurter in Wien and Wiener in Frankfurt. On second thought, it really is not interesting enough, but I have nothing else to say.

(06-23-2022, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Noticed there isn't a single city in the US on the list. Very telling.

Oh I noticed. I blame Trump and Obama. And the lack of social security and crime and pollution and the ban of menthol cigarettes.

(06-23-2022, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What's the easiest EU country to get a visa for? Asking for a friend :)

A what now? You're American, you can go anywhere. You're good foreigners.
Reply/Quote
Of course Vienna is the most livable city, after all their greatest contribution to the world is those tasty little sausages in the short cans.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Congrats.

Thanks! You're not contributing to your ranking with your friendliness.

(06-23-2022, 10:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If and when I ever make it to Europe, Vienna is on the list. Going by pictures, it's one of the most beautiful cities.

Oh yeah, it is. 100 billion Japanese visitors can't be all wrong on that.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course Vienna is the most livable city, after all their greatest contribution to the world is those tasty little sausages in the short cans.

Don't forget the Von Trapps although that may not have been Vienna
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:40 AM)hollodero Wrote: Thanks! You're not contributing to your ranking with your friendliness.

Oh yeah, it is. 100 billion Japanese visitors can't be all wrong on that.

I looked at the friendliness thing and the only quote was it seemed to be closed on the weekend.  

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course Vienna is the most livable city, after all their greatest contribution to the world is those tasty little sausages in the short cans.

And then there is that Billy Joel song. 
Reply/Quote

Yeah, no one here would ever eat those things. Cut in small pieces and canned in gelatine? What a perversion.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, no one here would ever eat those things. Cut in small pieces and canned in gelatine? What a perversion.

C'mon man, it's 2022.  It's safe to admit your guilty pleasures on here..  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Don't forget the Von Trapps although that may not have been Vienna

OK what is it with the Trapps and the US? Hardly anyone here even knows who or what they were, and yet it's the first thing Americans think of. Well, the second thing, after these sausages and just before Billy Joel.

It's like me saying yeah the US is great, remember The Knack?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, it's 2022.  It's safe to admit your guilty pleasures on here..  

Yours being small wieners. Got that.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:49 AM)hollodero Wrote: OK what is it with the Trapps and the US? Hardly anyone here even knows who or what they were, and yet it's the first thing Americans think of. Well, the second thing, after these sausages and just before Billy Joel.

It's like me saying yeah the US is great, remember The Knack?

If the Knack were ones who did Good Girls Don't I officially know two of their songs. 
Reply/Quote