Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The worlds most liveable city
(07-05-2022, 09:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, they were as old as me. don't know how old you think I am. If you think 17 I won't correct you.

Still, all of them knew many things about Mozart though that dude is way older.

Quote:Still, all of them knew many things about Mozart though that dude is way older.
This is an excellent point. And I'll admit that the music of Mozart is more important than the music of TSOM.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And today on my computer, Krimml Waterfalls show up. It's actually downstream from them but a cool picture. Austria on a roll.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Never have been to Vienna (closest is Trento in Italy), but having been to Tokyo, nothing touches that city, IMO.

All of Japan is phenomenal, but Tokyo is in a class of its own.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: Is it a matter of taste, of personal preference, a purely subjective verdict? No! It can be measured and the title goes to my home town of Vienna.
Says the Economist, so it has to be true.

We have great public transportation, good health care, a rich cultural offering, so they say. True. I can get in the subway, visit great museums or the Opera, then have an excellent dinner, and if I break a leg in the process they patch it back together cost-free.

Not that I do any of that, sure. I sit at home and hang around on a board for the football team of the 18th unfriendliest city in the world, where I engage in increasingly depressing political debates with a bunch of Steelers fans, because of course. But I could! That's worth something. Now let me look down on the US in sheer arrogance since none of your shabby cities even make the top ten.

Australia falling off a cliff in a year, I wonder if the heavy shutdown tactics had a lot to do with that. Although it was a drop from last year didn't they have those same issues going on in 2020 as well?
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 12:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Never have been to Vienna (closest is Trento in Italy), but having been to Tokyo, nothing touches that city, IMO.

All of Japan is phenomenal, but Tokyo is in a class of its own.

I was in Tokyo 48 years ago. It was awesome then. Can't imagine what it's like now. And when I was there it was less than three decades since it was destroyed in WWII
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 12:11 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I was in Tokyo 48 years ago. It was awesome then. Can't imagine what it's like now. And when I was there it was less than three decades since it was destroyed in WWII

Tokyo wasn't destroyed in WWII Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 10:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tokyo wasn't destroyed in WWII Wink

I stand corrected. 16 square miles of Tokyo was destroyed.
Reply/Quote