Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Then Bengals 90s - current...
I think its obvious why some of us dont get along. It pretty much fans from 80s /90s vs 2000s...

This team has to be the most let your fans down team in sports.. That Jets game reminded me so much of Brett Favre first game against the Bengals. The  Bengals are always on the wrong side of games people remember. Everytime, and I mean everytime you think they turned the corner, the have this game, like they did with the Jets.. We ha e all seen this before...  I guess its still better than the 90s, but only the Bengals lose that game to the Jets..
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:13 PM)Tony Wrote: I think its obvious why some of us dont get along. It pretty much fans from 80s /90s vs 2000s...

This team has to be the most let your fans down team in sports.. That Jets game reminded me so much of Brett Favre first game against the Bengals. The  Bengals are always on the wrong side of games people remember. Everytime, and I mean everytime you think they turned the corner, the have this game, like they did with the Jets.. We ha e all seen this before...  I guess its still better than the 90s, but only the Bengals lose that game to the Jets..

[Image: 1344633700.0.jpg]

And don’t give me “but Wilson was out!”

This was the week of backup QB’s. Cooper Rush got a big win for the Cowboys, and even Trevor Siemian was able to squeak one out for Saints against the defending champs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 1344633700.0.jpg]

And don’t give me “but Wilson was out!”

This was the week of backup QB’s. Cooper Rush got a big win for the Cowboys, and even Trevor Siemian was able to squeak one out for Saints against the defending champs.

So if the Titans, Bengals, Bucs, and Vikings aren't good teams and won't make the playoffs because they can't beat "bad teams" or "backup QBs", who does that leave as playoff contenders? Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So if the Titans, Bengals, Bucs, and Vikings aren't good teams and won't make the playoffs because they can't beat "bad teams" or "backup QBs", who does that leave as playoff contenders? Mellow

Hell, the Packers got their doors blown off week 1 (38-3), and they haven’t lost a game since. The Raiders lost to the Bears by 11 points. We obviously gave the Ravens a stomping…

Shit happens. And honestly nobody looks far and away better than everyone else this year (maybe the Rams?). It’s wide open. The Jets game sucked, but let’s see how they bounce back.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So if the Titans, Bengals, Bucs, and Vikings aren't good teams and won't make the playoffs because they can't beat "bad teams" or "backup QBs", who does that leave as playoff contenders? Mellow

Do you honestly think this is a playoff team? Im hoping for 8 wins.. I guess with the AFC this year you never know.. The way the Bengals lost it ,is so bengals though. The Titans had bot wrs out.. The Bengals are Healthy and let some Mike Wgite torch them... It's just the way they lost it. Being up 11 with under 5 minutes, teams were 59-0 , at least until the Bengals. So ya , the Bengals would be the only 1 to lose lile that...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:13 PM)Tony Wrote: I think its obvious why some of us dont get along. It pretty much fans from 80s /90s vs 2000s...

Tell that to Titans fans....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Do you honestly think this is a playoff team? Im hoping for 8 wins.. I guess with the AFC this year you never know.. The way the Bengals lost it ,is so bengals though. The Titans had bot wrs out.. The Bengals are Healthy and let some Mike Wgite torch them... It's just the way they lost it. Being up 11 with under 5 minutes, teams were 59-0 , at least until the Bengals. So ya , the Bengals would be the only 1 to lose lile that...
I honestly don't think I've seen someone turn as toxic as you the last 2 days after a loss when we're still 5-3. The lose stinks, yes, but the season is far from over.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Do you honestly think this is a playoff team? Im hoping for 8 wins.. I guess with the AFC this year you never know.. The way the Bengals lost it ,is so bengals though. The Titans had bot wrs out.. The Bengals are Healthy and let some Mike Wgite torch them... It's just the way they lost it. Being up 11 with under 5 minutes, teams were 59-0 , at least until the Bengals. So ya , the Bengals would be the only 1 to lose lile that...

You make excuses for the Titans at WR, but how about our starting CB being out? You don’t think Waynes is significantly better than Apple? We also had our 3rd string RG in at one point. And Trey Hill got blown up on his very first snap. All teams have to deal with injuries. The Titans lost to them. Period.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:44 PM)Mer Wrote: I honestly don't think I've seen someone turn as toxic as you the last 2 days after a loss when we're still 5-3. The lose stinks, yes, but the season is far from over.

It's not over, but this team has some serious flaws.. 8 wins will still be a success after the past few years. You can't be a serious playoff contender and lose to a 1-5 Jets led by backups... I don't want them to lose but I could see a skid coming a mile away. Look at the schedule... The Oline and now Defense are huge liabilities. Burrows late game ints dont help either. THE DEFENSE has been exposed in my opinion.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You make excuses for the Titans at WR, but how about our starting CB being out? You don’t think Waynes is significantly better than Apple? We also had our 3rd string RG in at one point. And Trey Hill got blown up on his very first snap. All teams have to deal with injuries. The Titans lost to them. Period.

I dont know if Waynes is better, dude never plays. He sucked against the Jags too, the 1 game he played in... I can't see him being that much better than Apple if at all...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Do you honestly think this is a playoff team? 

Yes. As long as they play like they did against the Ravens and not like they did against the Jets, the Bengals can beat ANY team in the league and, IMO, will beat more teams than will beat us and make the playoffs this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell, the Packers got their doors blown off week 1 (38-3), and they haven’t lost a game since. The Raiders lost to the Bears by 11 points. We obviously gave the Ravens a stomping…

Shit happens. And honestly nobody looks far and away better than everyone else this year (maybe the Rams?). It’s wide open. The Jets game sucked, but let’s see how they bounce back.

I hope they win, just dont expect it at this point.. I've seen this movie before. The Browns offense is a bad matchup for the Bengals defense I think. They also make Baker look like Tom Brady.. I do hope they bounce back and prove me wrong though..
Reply/Quote
If they don’t bounce back against the browns I’ll worry.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:44 PM)Mer Wrote: I honestly don't think I've seen someone turn as toxic as you the last 2 days after a loss when we're still 5-3. 

You should read some of his posts from BEFORE the last 2 days (pretty much any post before the Ravens game) and if you're REALLY brave, read his posts in the GameDay threads. This is nothing new for Tony.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:51 PM)Tony Wrote: I dont know if Waynes is better, dude never plays. He sucked against the Jags too, the 1 game he played in... I can't see him being that much better than Apple if at all...

Waynes is definitely better than Apple. Would it have made enough of a difference? Probably not. The Jets mostly picked on our LBers. A couple of the TD’s were against our CB’s though.

Anyway, a team that had Derrick Henry (at the time) should have been able to overcome missing some WR’s against the Jets. He ran for 157 yards in that game.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:13 PM)Tony Wrote: I think its obvious why some of us dont get along. It pretty much fans from 80s /90s vs 2000s... This team has to be the most let your fans down team in sports.. That Jets game reminded me so much of Brett Favre first game against the Bengals. The  Bengals are always on the wrong side of games people remember. Everytime, and I mean everytime you think they turned the corner, the have this game, like they did with the Jets.. We ha e all seen this before...  I guess its still better than the 90s, but only the Bengals lose that game to the Jets..

[Image: Rn0iWp4.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:54 PM)Tony Wrote: The Browns offense is a bad matchup for the Bengals defense I think. 

Considering that our defense was re-tooled to stop the run, I think it's a GREAT matchup for our defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 01:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: [Image: Rn0iWp4.png]

“He jumped outta the tree, and came at me with a chainsaw. I got a right to defend myself, Tone” LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 01:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering that our defense was re-tooled to stop the run, I think it's a GREAT matchup for our defense.

Speaking of stopping the run…

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “He jumped outta the tree, and came at me with a chainsaw. I got a right to defend myself, Tone” LOL

"Give me your wallet, you prick. This and the mower as a down payment." LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote