Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Then there was this wuss named Peko
(01-11-2016, 12:37 PM)McC Wrote: That was such a bullshit move.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Ten year veteran acting like that and wiping away a great sack.  Inexcusable.

Peko shouldnt be back next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think he went to grab his arm and caught his hair.  I don't know WHY he grabbed his arm...should avoid contact whenever he can.  But Munchak wasn't known as a dirty player was he?  Why would he be a dirty coach?

[Image: hair.0.gif]

It is almost like he was trying to keep the Bengal player away from the Steelers players and the hair got caught in his hand.  (He has papers in it so it didn't reach out and grab a handful of hair).  I'm sure he will be fined...coaches should avoid contact with players.  But can we stop acting like he tackled the guy by his hair?

I thought this way at first, but the more times I see it, the more it looks intentional to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think he went to grab his arm and caught his hair.  I don't know WHY he grabbed his arm...should avoid contact whenever he can.  But Munchak wasn't known as a dirty player was he?  Why would he be a dirty coach?

It is almost like he was trying to keep the Bengal player away from the Steelers players and the hair got caught in his hand.  (He has papers in it so it didn't reach out and grab a handful of hair).  I'm sure he will be fined...coaches should avoid contact with players.  But can we stop acting like he tackled the guy by his hair?

No one is acting like he got tackled by the hair..

Fact and point he put his hands on a player and forcefully pulled him... FLAG thats all that matters.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I thought this way at first, but the more times I see it, the more it looks intentional to me.

Grabbing him looks intentional.  Grabbing his hair does not...to me.

(01-11-2016, 02:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: No one is acting like he got tackled by the hair..

Fact and point he put his hands on a player and forcefully pulled him... FLAG thats all that matters.

Actually grabbing them isn't that uncommon to slow them down, from running into someone, etc.  I don't think that was the case here and thus the flag.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

You are full of shit. He grabbed and pulled on his arm and hair. The hair was incidental because it's so long, but if you deny that he unnecessarily grabbed and pulled on his arm, you are full of shit and a blind homer.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I listened to that on the radio, so I assumed it was much worse. Wow... that seemed like an accident.

(01-11-2016, 12:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It was obviously an accident.  Since Bengals fans like to whine about missed calls in this game where was the flag on the late hit out of bounds that led to this incident?  Bueller?

The hair was an accident. Grabbing and pulling the arm was intentional, deserved a flag and a fine and if anyone denies it was intentional you are completely full of shit and blind.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:23 PM)Benton Wrote: Coaches always have papers in their hand. Why? To cover up what they're saying. In this case, it was to cover up that he was pulling a player's hair.

Good job Steelers. Even your coaches fight like five year old girls.

Munchak obviously has some anger issues. He needs therapy.

Two coaches in one game. 

Maybe they should be banned from the league since coaches should be held to a higher standard. :GMDinoeyeroll:

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Grabbing him looks intentional.  Grabbing his hair does not...to me.

He was holding the papers in his left hand the whole time, it just seems very awkward to me to have the hand open up in a way to get the hair in between the fingers like that unless it was on purpose.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He was holding the papers in his left hand the whole time, it just seems very awkward to me to have the hand open up in a way to get the hair in between the fingers like that unless it was on purpose.

The hair was an accident. I don't see how there's any way to deny that. 

The pull was intentional though. 

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Grabbing him looks intentional.  Grabbing his hair does not...to me.

Then why does he keep pulling it? If it's an accident, you don't keep doing it. Hell, if I grabbed a handful of dreadlocks the first thing I'd do is let go. Munchak goes white knuckle.

But mainly I'm just commenting again because the thing I actually get some humor out of is Munchak's reaction. Like "What!? I'm surprised as you are that your hair ended up in my hand!"
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Then why does he keep pulling it? If it's an accident, you don't keep doing it. Hell, if I grabbed a handful of dreadlocks the first thing I'd do is let go. Munchak goes white knuckle.

But mainly I'm just commenting again because the thing I actually get some humor out of is Munchak's reaction. Like "What!? I'm surprised as you are that your hair ended up in my hand!"

that really is the perfect way to put his reaction

he'll be fined, as will porter

but damn, porter been retired for years and hes still in the bengals heads Wink
People suck
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:37 PM)Griever Wrote: that really is the perfect way to put his reaction

he'll be fined, as will porter

but damn, porter been retired for years and hes still in the bengals heads Wink

I agree, but, ultimately, it won't matter. A $5-25k fine will get negated by the org in some form of performance bonus.

That's why the league's attempts at having clean games is so laughable. They don't care how dirty you play the game, they'll just hit you with a fine that — for some players/coaches — amounts to less than half a percent of your annual salary. You want to clean the game up? Start giving out some Brady-like "deflategate" suspensions.

Munchak and Porter should be suspended from multiple games next season. No team planning those weeks, only limited contact with players. Once a head coach or coordinator has to deal with the headache of having assistants out for a couple weeks, they'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Or they'll find coaches who aren't dumb enough to grab players or step onto the field (a recurring theme for the Steelers under Tomlin).

But the league won't do that.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:08 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: It's funny. He shoves him from behind and walks away like, "It wasn't me." I use to do that kind of stuff to my older brother as a kid.
Now you do it to kids who live on your street.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:45 PM)Benton Wrote: You want to clean the game up? Start giving out some Brady-like "deflategate" suspensions.

You mean give them suspensions that will be overturned in court?

Quote:Munchak and Porter should be suspended from multiple games next season.

Seriously?  You're a good dude Benton, I have to chalk this comment up to still being upset about the game.  A suspension for what they did would be asinine, without precedent and a complete over reaction.  Burfict has yet to be suspended once for multiple, deliberate, attempts to injure other players, yet our coaches should be suspended for pulling a guy and, possibly, shit talking respectively? 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You mean give them suspensions that will be overturned in court?

Seriously?  You're a good dude Benton, I have to chalk this comment up to still being upset about the game.  A suspension for what they did would be asinine, without precedent and a complete over reaction.  Burfict has yet to be suspended once for multiple, deliberate, attempts to injure other players, yet our coaches should be suspended for pulling a guy and, possibly, shit talking respectively? 

To the bold, coaches have been suspended before.

As far as precedent, that's the point. If coaches are putting hands or taunting players of other teams, that's out of line. And you've got two ways to stop it — fine them (which doesn't work) or suspend their employment. The NFL came out before the game and warned both sides they wouldn't put up with anything... and then they did. They're showing their inability to enforce their rules or their edicts.

Burfict should get a fine. I don't think anyone doubts that will be coming. But he made a football play in the moment that was of arguable intent. Grabbing a players hair, coming onto the field to taunt a player... there's no arguable intent there. That's durty.

And the NFL is impotent to stop it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Then why does he keep pulling it? If it's an accident, you don't keep doing it. Hell, if I grabbed a handful of dreadlocks the first thing I'd do is let go. Munchak goes white knuckle.

You people are a piece of work. Look at whats there and stop making up shit.  How did Munchak grab those dreds while holding a piece of paper?

Munchaks used his right hand to grab the bungles arm and his left forearm for leverage in order to swing the bungle out of the way.

His left forearm because he was holding a piece of paper, which incidentally had the bungles dreds caught in it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:06 PM)Vlad Wrote:  You people are a piece of work. Look at whats there and stop making up shit.  How did Munchak grab those dreds while holding a piece of paper?

Munchaks used his right hand to grab the bungles arm and his left forearm for leverage in order to swing the bungle out of the way.

His left forearm because he was holding a piece of paper, which incidentally had the bungles dreds caught in it.

Munchaks pulled him towards the Steelers bench which was odd. I personally don't think he meant to grab the dreds or anything like that, but the way he directed him away from the field and towards the bench was peculiar.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:13 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Munchaks pulled him towards the Steelers bench which was odd. I personally don't think he meant to grab the dreds or anything like that, but the way he directed him away from the field and towards the bench was peculiar.

Moot point. Of course he pulled him. Whatever direction is irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's because he's Batman, dummy.

This is absolutely true.

That poor innocent Steeler was in danger.

Cincy thugs were dropping people, everywhere.

Peko saved a life, right there.

Proud of him for being a good Christian fellow and Hero.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:45 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, coaches have been suspended before.

Very true, and they aren't covered by the CBA.  This is why Payton's suspension wasn't overturned after all of his player's suspensions were.

Quote:As far as precedent, that's the point. If coaches are putting hands or taunting players of other teams, that's out of line. And you've got two ways to stop it — fine them (which doesn't work) or suspend their employment. The NFL came out before the game and warned both sides they wouldn't put up with anything... and then they did. They're showing their inability to enforce their rules or their edicts.

Munchak's penalty was so innocuous that suggesting anything beyond the fine is ridiculous.  Also, regardless of what Porter may, or may not, have been saying it was Gilberry that created a physical altercation.

Quote:Burfict should get a fine. I don't think anyone doubts that will be coming. But he made a football play in the moment that was of arguable intent. Grabbing a players hair, coming onto the field to taunt a player... there's no arguable intent there. That's durty.

Dude, the grabbing the hair thing is just stupid.  Munchak played in the league forever, he was never known for being dirty.  It was not intentional and it's impossible to prove that it was.

Quote:And the NFL is impotent to stop it.

Clearly not as Burfict just got suspended for three games.  
Reply/Quote