Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Is No Way Hue Will Be Here Next Year
(11-06-2015, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't worry about losing Hue.  The bengals are great at planning ahead.  Remember how they brought in Hue at a low level assistant cooach position a couple of years ago just to have him on the staff for whe we lost Gruden.  Well last year they did the same thing and brought back another ex-bengals coach when hired Bob Bratkowski as an offensive consultant.

So if Hue leaves it will just be another seemless transition promoting a guy from within who is already familiar with the players.

[Image: silence-i-kill-you_o_403407.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: James Urban?

All joking aside, my money would be on Urban as OC if Hue leaves.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:34 AM)GodFather Wrote: After tonight's 31-10 win over the Browns and continued dominance, there is no way another team isn't going to nab Hue this offseason. This guy has really dialed up some creative play calling and given the offense a very aggressive attitude that teams are going to be chomping at the bit to pick him up as HC this offseason.

So what does that mean? Let's hope this team gets it done this year and stays hungry to keep its eye on the prize!

....how awesome was that reverse play with Sanu running in for a TD tonight? Talk about countering the defenses over aggressive playing!  Clapping

I hope that other team has a TE with WR skills
I hope that other team has 3 WR with the ability of Green, Jones, and Sanu
I hope that other team has 2 decent RB's
Let's also hope he leaves to a team that has a nice OL and QB

hmmm, now that I think about it, you would figure a team that had that already would not be on the market for a new coach like Hue, you figured they'd be winning already. Maybe the Browns could use Hue, yea, he'd have them as a top 3 offense in no time. 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Please Mr. Brown... Pay Mr. Jackson whatever it takes to keep him on our side of the field.
Reply/Quote
If Hugh Jackson wants to move on to a promotion, he has earned it and good for him!

He is the conductor of the most talented orchestra in the NFL and he has done an amazing job, earning any and all accolades coming to him. Be happy for the guy should he decide to leave. Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he looks around and sees that the promotion is into an inferior company and wouldn't offer the same enjoyment? Who knows?
Reply/Quote
Every successful team goes through this. What they probably do, if Marvin stays, is replace from within.

It is what it is.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:59 AM)BengalstuckinSA Wrote: Please Mr. Brown... Pay Mr. Jackson whatever it takes to keep him on our side of the field.

They could make him the highest paid coach in the league and he would leave to be a head coach. It's about being in charge and the goal of building something yourself .
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:34 AM)GodFather Wrote: After tonight's 31-10 win over the Browns and continued dominance, there is no way another team isn't going to nab Hue this offseason. This guy has really dialed up some creative play calling and given the offense a very aggressive attitude that teams are going to be chomping at the bit to pick him up as HC this offseason.

So what does that mean? Let's hope this team gets it done this year and stays hungry to keep its eye on the prize!

....how awesome was that reverse play with Sanu running in for a TD tonight? Talk about countering the defenses over aggressive playing! Clapping

an issue for the offseason. Marvin knows a lot of people i think we will be fine.. Hue might not want to leave anyways... Him and dalton kinda work perfect for each other
Reply/Quote
Losing your coordinators means you have a very successful team.

I can live with this.
Reply/Quote

....how awesome was that reverse play with Sanu running in for a TD tonight? Talk about countering the defenses over aggressive playing!  Clapping

The guy is a very good OC, but he's not a genius. He's got an offense that is absolutely stacked, and I'm not sure he's getting the most out of it. I don't want to see him go, but it won't be nearly as impactful as Zimmer leaving was.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They could make him the highest paid coach in the league and he would leave to be a head coach. It's about being in charge and the goal of building something yourself .

That, and the guy was publicly fired from one of the biggest entertainment industries in the world. He's going to want to redeem himself on that same stage, and he can't do that as an OC in Cincinnati, no matter how well the team plays.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:25 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: He shouldn't be here now. Oakland is retahded.

They sure did replace him with a god-awful HC, too.
Reply/Quote
You know what?

I hope we get to find out if Lewis walks away after winning a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis has clearly stated over and over that he didn't literally mean he would retire in the event of a Super Bowl win.

I agree that Hue is gone but that's just the way it is. I'm not worried about it -- as good a job as he has done, he isn't the one out there executing plays and winning games.
Reply/Quote

I understand why you are saying this, but if I were trying to turn a team around I wouldn't go for the guy who comes up with lots of unorthodox formations and plays. Those types of plays would just confuse a young offense.

Instead, I'd be looking for a guy who could build a foundation. Just saying.

Reply/Quote
Dang, as much grief as Hue takes when we are behind in a game and everyone is telling him to do this or do that, sure seems to be a change in this thread that aybe he knows what he's doing after all.....
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:02 PM)PDub80 Wrote: If Hugh Jackson wants to move on to a promotion, he has earned it and good for him!

He is the conductor of the most talented orchestra in the NFL and he has done an amazing job, earning any and all accolades coming to him. Be happy for the guy should he decide to leave. Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he looks around and sees that the promotion is into an inferior company and wouldn't offer the same enjoyment? Who knows?

Actually, I would say the honor goes to Josh McDaniel who also has head coaching experience on his resume.

But, Hue has been great and deserves a head coaching gig. But, if it was me, I would cross the Titans off my list unless they offered me a 5 year guaranteed contract. They threw Ken W. out after a year and a half. They have shown zero loyalty to a head coach.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:30 PM)Utts Wrote: The guy is a very good OC, but he's not a genius. He's got an offense that is absolutely stacked, and I'm not sure he's getting the most out of it. I don't want to see him go, but it won't be nearly as impactful as Zimmer leaving was.

x2

As usual. Utta nailed it 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 01:45 PM)Whacked Wrote: As usual. Utta nailed it 

Yeah, just like he has nailed his season predictions every year when he claims the Bengals will miss the playoffs.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:25 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: That kinda sounds like retirement to me.

He's already clarified on more than one occasion that he meant walk away, off the podium and leave Mike there to get the limelight alone.

Not retire.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote