Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Is No Way Hue Will Be Here Next Year
(11-06-2015, 10:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You guys remember that Marvin said if he won a SB this year he would retire...

omg. How many times does this need to be refuted before people stop saying it. It's been clarified by Marvin and there have been more than a few posts on here, including a couple just above this one, that he's not going to retire.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:21 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You know what?

I hope we get to find out if Lewis walks away after winning a Super Bowl.

It just never ends...

Expect Marvin to be the coach for, at least, the next 5 years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, just like he has nails his season predictions every year when he claims the Bengals will miss the playoffs.

Rolleyes

Haha. Don't be jelly, Fred. I might be wrong sometimes, but at least I don't spread lies lies and more ugly lies!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 03:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's already clarified on more than one occasion that he meant walk away, off the podium and leave Mike there to get the limelight alone.

Not retire.

And, I'm aware of that now. You see, not all of us hear 100% of what everyone says in inetrviews, so we base our opinion on what we know at the time. New evidence has now been presented, though, clarifying his ealrier remark. A remark which, were it not clarified later on, clearly sounds like 'my ass is retring if we win the Super Bowl.' So, as a reasonable person, you can see how that conclusion was drawn by so many.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And, I'm aware of that now.  You see, not all of us hear 100% of what everyone says in inetrviews, so we base our opinion on what we know at the time.  New evidence has now been presented, though, clarifying his ealrier remark.  A remark which, were it not clarified later on, clearly sounds like 'my ass is retring if we win the Super Bowl.'  So, as a reasonable person, you can see how that conclusion was drawn by so many.

Sure. I could see how it would be drawn if it had not been posted on here, in several threads on different forums.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 04:42 PM)Utts Wrote: Haha. Don't be jelly, Fred. I might be wrong sometimes, but at least I don't spread lies lies and more ugly lies!

WTF?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:34 AM)GodFather Wrote: After tonight's 31-10 win over the Browns and continued dominance, there is no way another team isn't going to nab Hue this offseason. This guy has really dialed up some creative play calling and given the offense a very aggressive attitude that teams are going to be chomping at the bit to pick him up as HC this offseason.

So what does that mean? Let's hope this team gets it done this year and stays hungry to keep its eye on the prize!

....how awesome was that reverse play with Sanu running in for a TD tonight? Talk about countering the defenses over aggressive playing!  Clapping

I said the same thing after last years hot start and I dont think he ended up with many mentions during the HC openings.

This year is obviously different however he may be waiting to take over the reigns when Marvin steps down.  For all we know that agreement could already be in place.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Marvin is going nowhere soon, nor should he.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Since Hue has had the head coaching experience, he may have discovered that he is cut out for such a job, and actually wants all of the responsibilities (and stress) that comes with it. However, being an offensive coordinator (which also has stress, though a different kind) has to be more fun in the long run. I'd choose OC probably.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I don't understand some peoples reaction, thinking Hue wouldn't take another HC position because A) He doesn't want to leave a loaded team that he won't get somewhere else or... B) Hue has been a head coach once and realized that it isn't for him.

First off he interviewed last year for the Bills HC position. That debunks option B, and if he got hired with a team that lacks deep talent is also a plus for him. He will be able to build the franchise, knowing it will take some time to achieve (sound familiar?!?!?) Option A debunked. You can bet that he will be gone the minute the offer is presented to him regardless of the state of that franchise.
Reply/Quote
There's a chance Jay Gruden will be available
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 01:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sure. I could see how it would be drawn if it had not been posted on here, in several threads on different forums.

Didn't see it, chief, it's that simple. So, you can stop being a smarmy jerk now, thanks.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Didn't see it, chief, it's that simple.  So, you can stop being a smarmy jerk now, thanks.

lol. It's just a pet peeve. I can't help myself. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. It's just a pet peeve. I can't help myself. Ninja

Oh, who am I kidding? I can't stay mad you. Brad or Fred, maybe....
Reply/Quote
Maybe his relationship and Andy and the success he's had with him will make him want to stay. I'm sure Mike is paying him well, but if it takes a little more money to keep him, I hope we will.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:41 PM)Shady Wrote: Maybe his relationship and Andy and the success he's had with him will make him want to stay. I'm sure Mike is paying him well, but if it takes a little more money to keep him, I hope we will.

I'd like him to be here next year, but you have to believe there will be opportunities for him elsewhere and some teams will come calling. Maybe he can follow Zim's example and take the Lions job. The NFCN will become the HC destination for ex-Bengals Coordinators.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'd like him to be here next year, but you have to believe there will be opportunities for him elsewhere and some teams will come calling.  Maybe he can follow Zim's example and take the Lions job.  The NFCN will become the HC destination for ex-Bengals Coordinators.
What if he ends up with the Browns?  They can't keep that current clown another year, can they?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:57 PM)McC Wrote: What if he ends up with the Browns?  They can't keep that current clown another year, can they?

I hope for his sake he doesn't wind up there. Though, it would be interesting to see what he could get out of Johnny. Prefer he'd get out of the coneference so he's an afterthought but for every four years.
Reply/Quote
We need a sb run

Or without hue, we will have a year exactly like last year. New coordinators, 1 round loss
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a chance Jay Gruden will be available

I think Gruden being a HC was a stretch, but firing a guy because he can't win with RGIII or Kirk Cousins is just cruel.
Reply/Quote