Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Is No Way Hue Will Be Here Next Year
Actually, if Marvin won it all and retired, it would make perfect sense to keep Hue. Keep Marvin on staff as a consultant and in the front office and keep this train right on rolling.
Reply/Quote
I don't see why everyone thinks being a good coordinator automatically makes someone a perfect head coaching candidate.  He's killing it as a coordinator, so why would he want to go somewhere else? 

Even if Marvin doesn't retire, I think Hue sees the team that he has helped build and wants to win a few more rings (assuming we do win one or get close).

I don't think Hue goes anywhere, but we should give him a raise to make sure of that.  

When Marvin DOES retire, I'd be ok with letting Hue have the reigns just because he's familiar with the personnel and has started the building of a dynasty.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:30 PM)Utts Wrote: The guy is a very good OC, but he's not a genius. He's got an offense that is absolutely stacked, and I'm not sure he's getting the most out of it. I don't want to see him go, but it won't be nearly as impactful as Zimmer leaving was.

^^ This......
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's what I thought too, until I heard the interview on WLW during the pregame show last week.  He said "I never said I would retire, I said I would step away....meaning I would step back out of the spotlight and let Mike have it.....".  

I saw that same interview, he basically said he'd like nothing more than to hand the Lombardi Trophy to Mike Brown then walk off the podium.  He directly addressed the walk away comment and said he didn't say he would retire, just like you indicated above.  People (generally the media) always stir up something that isn't there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Todd Haley will be hired before Hue. Especially if the Steelers offense continues to roll with Landry Jones.
Reply/Quote
Give kudos to Rex Ryan. If not for him, Hue wouldn't be here this year.
Reply/Quote
Why does everyone think Marvin Lewis will step down if he wins the Super Bowl...? he has said multiple times that his words were misconstrued. He just wants to give Mike B. the glory, and then continue coaching the Bengals. Marvin Lewis isn't going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 03:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Why does everyone think Marvin Lewis will step down if he wins the Super Bowl...? he has said multiple times that his words were misconstrued. He just wants to give Mike B. the glory, and then continue coaching the Bengals. Marvin Lewis isn't going anywhere.

Yeah...

One guy im surprised that hasnt gotten an interview is our STs coach Simmons... with the success John H has had as the Ravens HC i figured another team would have looked at some STs coaches over the years. and Simmons has been great for us.

Hue might get some interviews if the right situations open up.. Hue has also been burnt before by oakland. and im sure if he leaves it will be because he feels its the right oppertunity with the right franchise that wont end his tenure in a year.

Of course he might want to stay and try and make as much history as he can with the QB he has matched up the best with. And im sure hes grateful to the bengals organization for bringing him back after the oakland stint.. Where hes earned his way back up to OC.

sometimes a guy gets his shot then decides to stay at his coordinator postion like Lebaeu.

But if people keep hiring our coaches to be head coaches then we are doing the right things.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 01:06 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't see why everyone thinks being a good coordinator automatically makes someone a perfect head coaching candidate.  He's killing it as a coordinator, so why would he want to go somewhere else? 

Even if Marvin doesn't retire, I think Hue sees the team that he has helped build and wants to win a few more rings (assuming we do win one or get close).

I don't think Hue goes anywhere, but we should give him a raise to make sure of that.  

When Marvin DOES retire, I'd be ok with letting Hue have the reigns just because he's familiar with the personnel and has started the building of a dynasty.

I think they all want to be a Head Coach, it is how they build a legacy.  Most of these guys, just like the players, are hyper competitive and have an ego.  It is the "next step" in their careers.  Plus, it's not like he was a complete failure in Oakland... I'm sure he wonders "what could I have accomplished".
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, just like he has nailed his season predictions every year when he claims the Bengals will miss the playoffs.

Rolleyes

Yeah, just like you nail your season prediction every year when you claim the Bengals will win a playoff game.

Rolleyes
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
At the same time Hue will probably get a HC job, Jay Gruden will probably be fired. I really don't want him back as OC.
Reply/Quote
I checked out the Jags board and some of them are falling in love with Hue.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Why not pay the man head coach money?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 08:35 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Why not pay the man head coach money?

This organization does have a reputation towards frugality, but I also see they have an eye on what brings in the big $. IF Hue does elevate himself above all other OC's, then maybe he sets a new standard. We'll have to just wait and see ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 08:44 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: This organization does have a reputation towards frugality, but I also see they have an eye on what brings in the big $. IF Hue does elevate himself above all other OC's, then maybe he sets a new standard. We'll have to just wait and see ....

Mike Brown did make Zimmer the highest paid coordinator in the league when he was here. I can easily see him giving Hue a top deal to stick around.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:10 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yeah, just like you nail your season prediction every year when you claim the Bengals will win a playoff game.

Rolleyes

of the 2 predictiions freds is closer.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 06:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: of the 2 predictiions freds is closer.

lol....no.

Neither have happened.  The Bengals have not missed the playoffs and have not won a playoff game.  Neither of those predictions has been closer than the other to being correct.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
lol Marvin isnt gonna retire after winning the superbowl, he clarified this and yall are still misunderstanding it
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 07:45 PM)Element Wrote: lol Marvin isnt gonna retire after winning the superbowl, he clarified this and yall are still misunderstanding it

Yup. It's been out there for a while now.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I checked out the Jags board and some of them are falling in love with Hue.

Man oh man, Hue Jackson and Bort Bortles together?  Look out god-awful AFC South!
Reply/Quote