Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
There is concern for Logan Wilison's injury
(10-19-2022, 03:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Losing Logan Wilson just stinks but it will be good to see more Akeem Davis-Gaither. If ADG shows up he could be taking Pratts spot by next season at the latest. He was everywhere vs the Jets earlier this year.

Jay Tufele is likely to get more snaps this week with both Reader and Tupou hurt. In 23 snaps against the Saints he had 3 solo tackles 3 assists and a TFL. Will be interesting to see what he can do for a full game.

Dude looked strong as hell and was all about trying to get off blocks.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 01:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Thank goodness. Not season ending and could be as early as two weeks.

Don't get it twisted. This guy is absolutely hurt. 

Man, I wish I had clips of that first KC game last year when Logan came back. Most of the time he was tackling with one arm; the right arm was a noodle. He looked better as the postseason progressed (and didn't have surgery until February) but that's not to say he was healthy or anything of the sort. I would say he just learned to play with it and/or God knows what they were giving him. Without having access to the charts lol, I reckon that's happening again here. I mean, what kind of shoulder injury would have this kind of timeline? Day to day, just a pinch? A little sore, woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Nonsense. Far more likely that he's putting off surgery for the sake of the team- again. That leaves me feeling all kinds of wrong.  
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 05:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude looked strong as hell and was all about trying to get off blocks.

This could be a fantastic pickup. Dude was just raw, hardly played football until like a couple of years ago.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Losing Logan Wilson just stinks but it will be good to see more Akeem Davis-Gaither. If ADG shows up he could be taking Pratts spot by next season at the latest. He was everywhere vs the Jets earlier this year.

Jay Tufele is likely to get more snaps this week with both Reader and Tupou hurt. In 23 snaps against the Saints he had 3 solo tackles 3 assists and a TFL. Will be interesting to see what he can do for a full game.

Yes, ADG has been playing great this season, he still might be the breakout player on Defense that I predicted 
this season. We will see, he can rush the passer, has great instincts, is very good in coverage and is crazy athletic.

Tufele could be just what we needed with Reader being down right now. Sure hope so. Like Nicomo said, these 
are maybe the 2 best running teams in the league coming up in a row.

(10-19-2022, 04:10 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Yeah I’m interested in seeing more ADG.  I knew he was a good athlete coming out of the draft but I didn’t know he has the instinct for the ball he does transitioning from small school to the NFL

The small school and the transition was the only reason he fell as far as he did. He was raw, but the NFL is slowing 
down for him clearly as he has been playing very good this season so far and the sky is the limit with him.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 05:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This could be a fantastic pickup. Dude was just raw, hardly played football until like a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I wonder if we had him higher on our draft board than Shelvin. I know I did. He was generally higher on most, IIRC. The LSU element is hard to quantify, though. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 05:51 PM)tms Wrote: Don't get it twisted. This guy is absolutely hurt. 

Man, I wish I had clips of that first KC game last year when Logan came back. Most of the time he was tackling with one arm; the right arm was a noodle. He looked better as the postseason progressed (and didn't have surgery until February) but that's not to say he was healthy or anything of the sort. I would say he just learned to play with it and/or God knows what they were giving him. Without having access to the charts lol, I reckon that's happening again here. I mean, what kind of shoulder injury would have this kind of timeline? Day to day, just a pinch? A little sore, woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Nonsense. Far more likely that he's putting off surgery for the sake of the team- again. That leaves me feeling all kinds of wrong.  

I look for Wilson to come back after the bye week when we travel up to Shitzburgh and play the Squealers.  We will miss him vs. the Browns and their rushing attack via Chubb/ Hunt, but I think we can get the W up on the lake. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:08 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah, I wonder if we had him higher on our draft board than Shelvin. I know I did. He was generally higher on most, IIRC. The LSU element is hard to quantify, though. 

Feel that since it was a Covid year and protocols were so different coaches relied on opinions from players that played with them like Burrow. 

Looks like Burrow was right about Chase and wrong about Shelvin. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:08 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah, I wonder if we had him higher on our draft board than Shelvin. I know I did. He was generally higher on most, IIRC. The LSU element is hard to quantify, though. 

I read somewhere that we were higher on Tufele than Shelvin, he was just taken before we could pick him, so we took Shelvin.

Think I read this on bengals.com
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I read somewhere that we were higher on Tufele than Shelvin, he was just taken before we could pick him, so we took Shelvin.

Didn't realize he was taken before Tyler, makes sense as well. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I read somewhere that we were higher on Tufele than Shelvin, he was just taken before we could pick him, so we took Shelvin.

Yeah. If that's true, gotta give them credit for sticking with him, trusting their scouting and looking past his early career struggles in Jacksonville. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 05:51 PM)tms Wrote: Don't get it twisted. This guy is absolutely hurt. 

The first game back he had to figure out how he could use the arm.  

Just as important though is that Logan wears the green dot and generally plays 100% of the game.  He is integral to setting the defense by communicating what Lou wants them to do.  Things slow down when he is not in there just because his replacement just doesn't have the same game day experience doing it as he does

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 10:24 PM)pally Wrote: The first game back he had to figure out how he could use the arm.  

Just as important though is that Logan wears the green dot and generally plays 100% of the game.  He is integral to setting the defense by communicating what Lou wants them to do.  Things slow down when he is not in there just because his replacement just doesn't have the same game day experience doing it as he does

Scary without him and Reader.

Logan is one of my very favorite players.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote