Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
There is concern for Logan Wilison's injury
(10-18-2022, 03:18 PM)pally Wrote: Logan Wilson tweeted yesterday

"God's plan not mine"

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't know what he means by that but I assume he's done. Labrums are nothing to fool around with when you're a LB. His decision to play through it last year might have problematized it this year- or not, I don't know. But it couldn't have possibly helped.

I admire the Bengals' will to play hurt under ZT. But I think sometimes they go too far. Concussions (Trey H, Tee), shoulders (Logan, Tee), ankles (Mixon, Tee), knees (Hopkins, probably Tee as well lol) ... if they're not breaking bones, these guys are trotting out there like Roman Gladiators. And the injury reports have never been used more tactically than now. Just last week I think the Saints had 14 guys listed and the Bengals only 6. It tends to be the younger coaches who treat it like a game and serve their players up on a stick. I worry that soon enough they'll all get burned and take their guys with them (see: McDaniel, Mike). 

I wish Logan a speedy recovery... and a massive second contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:01 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah I don't know what he means by that but I assume he's done. Labrums are nothing to fool around with when you're a LB. His decision to play through it last year might have problematized it this year- or not, I don't know. But it couldn't have possibly helped.

I admire the Bengals' will to play hurt under ZT. But I think sometimes they go too far. Concussions (Trey H, Tee), shoulders (Logan, Tee), ankles (Mixon, Tee), knees (Hopkins, probably Tee as well lol) ... if they're not breaking bones, these guys are trotting out there like Roman Gladiators. And the injury reports have never been used more tactically than now. Just last week I think the Saints had 14 guys listed and the Bengals only 6. It tends to be the younger coaches who treat it like a game and serve their players up on a stick. I worry that soon enough they'll all get burned and take their guys with them (see: McDaniel, Mike). 

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. It may yet to be determined, and he is saying he is open to whatever God has planned for him. That tweet was posted yesterday, not today, and my understanding was a lot of the testing would be done today and we would have an update tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
We were told there would be an update today. Hopefully, it is week to week as speculated, rather than a season-ending injury.

There is a trade deadline coming up. Last year, the Rams at the trade deadline traded a 2nd and a third for Von Miller, and that worked out great for their Super Bowl run. I don't know if it is in the Bengals DNA to make a trade, but that is one way to improve their roster.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:01 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah I don't know what he means by that but I assume he's done. Labrums are nothing to fool around with when you're a LB. His decision to play through it last year might have problematized it this year- or not, I don't know. But it couldn't have possibly helped.

You really have no factual basis to say that ZT had put people out to play hurt  outside of a injury report.. lol... and to be honest, in todays game it is much more out of the control of a HC to do what you are suggesting ZT is doing.  This team actually has been overall one of the more healthy teams than past bengal teams, maybe we should actually praise the coaching and medical staff for maybe making some changes to prevention and treatment with injuries
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe Bache cleared for practice
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Please God may your plan include Logan returning 100% healthy in the near future.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Fowler is reporting that Logan is expected to be out 2-5 weeks.

He came back sooner than expected last season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
At least it’s not season ending.

Bachie coming back is good timing, too.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: Jeremy Fowler is reporting that Logan is expected to be out 2-5 weeks.

Thank goodness. Not season ending and could be as early as two weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: I wouldn't jump to conclusions. It may yet to be determined, and he is saying he is open to whatever God has planned for him. That tweet was posted yesterday, not today, and my understanding was a lot of the testing would be done today and we would have an update tomorrow.

Well said Nepa. ThumbsUp

(10-19-2022, 10:22 AM)Nepa Wrote: We were told there would be an update today. Hopefully, it is week to week as speculated, rather than a season-ending injury.

There is a trade deadline coming up. Last year, the Rams at the trade deadline traded a 2nd and a third for Von Miller, and that worked out great for their Super Bowl run. I don't know if it is in the Bengals DNA to make a trade, but that is one way to improve their roster.

Jessie Bates and Joe Mixon, put them on the trade block for someone that can help the team honestly would be my vote.

(10-19-2022, 11:54 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Joe Bache cleared for practice

Awesome. This guy played great while Logan was out last season.

(10-19-2022, 12:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Please God may your plan include Logan returning 100% healthy in the near future.

Truth. Mellow

(10-19-2022, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: Jeremy Fowler is reporting that Logan is expected to be out 2-5 weeks.

Ahhh, thank, that's a relief. Not season ending is all I wanted to hear.

Don't back too early Logan, make sure that shoulder is healed.

(10-19-2022, 12:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least it’s not season ending.

Bachie coming back is good timing, too.

Sure is. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Could be worse but a little nervous with both him and Reader out.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 01:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Could be worse but a little nervous with both him and Reader out.

Especially playing probably the 2 best running teams in the league in the Falcons and Browns. Lou is going to have to go full on mad scientist the next couple weeks.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 01:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Especially playing probably the 2 best running teams in the league in the Falcons and Browns. Lou is going to have to go full on mad scientist the next couple weeks.

Scary and hope this is the game the offense starts clicking from start to finish to compensate and put the Falcons and Browns in a hole where they're forced to pass. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 01:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Especially playing probably the 2 best running teams in the league in the Falcons and Browns. Lou is going to have to go full on mad scientist the next couple weeks.

Malcom Brown and Ndamukong Suh are just a phone call away..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Zac on the other hand is not ruling out Logan for THIS week.  He says he is day to day now not week to week.  This is very good news

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:07 PM)pally Wrote: Zac on the other hand is not ruling out Logan for THIS week.  He says he is day to day now not week to week.  This is very good news

I think Zac knows the gamesmanship involved in keeping injuries close to the vest.
Reply/Quote
Losing Logan Wilson just stinks but it will be good to see more Akeem Davis-Gaither. If ADG shows up he could be taking Pratts spot by next season at the latest. He was everywhere vs the Jets earlier this year.

Jay Tufele is likely to get more snaps this week with both Reader and Tupou hurt. In 23 snaps against the Saints he had 3 solo tackles 3 assists and a TFL. Will be interesting to see what he can do for a full game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Losing Logan Wilson just stinks but it will be good to see more Akeem Davis-Gaither. If ADG shows up he could be taking Pratts spot by next season at the latest. He was everywhere vs the Jets earlier this year.

Jay Tufele is likely to get more snaps this week with both Reader and Tupou hurt. In 23 snaps against the Saints he had 3 solo tackles 3 assists and a TFL. Will be interesting to see what he can do for a full game.

Yeah I’m interested in seeing more ADG. I knew he was a good athlete coming out of the draft but I didn’t know he has the instinct for the ball he does transitioning from small school to the NFL
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 11:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You really have no factual basis to say that ZT had put people out to play hurt  outside of a injury report.. lol... and to be honest, in todays game it is much more out of the control of a HC to do what you are suggesting ZT is doing.  This team actually has been overall one of the more healthy teams than past bengal teams, maybe we should actually praise the coaching and medical staff for maybe making some changes to prevention and treatment with injuries

And you have "no factual basis" to say something like this lol. It's sort of the point. We believe different things and that's ok. But both Logan and Tee played through torn labrums all postseason (!). Hendrickson a concussion. When Mixon turned his ankle last year it was immediate damage control to say the Internet doctors "had no idea" what they were talking about. Then he played all of 10 snaps the next game. I guess even Mixon couldn't justify putting himself through the rigor. "No idea" what they were talking about indeed. 

As much as I despise the way Zac has turned this into a board game, I'm not claiming the players don't make the final call. Of course they do. It's their legal right to not play when they feel they can't. They can't be forced onto the field. That said, given how Zac has seemed like a snake oil salesman around this stuff publicly- speaking from personal bias, to be fair lol- I can't dismiss the pressure being put exerted on them in the locker room. To some extent they surely put it on themselves. For better or worse, Burrow sets the tone in this regard.  More importantly, while he may not be able to force players to play, the head coach does have a responsibility to protect them from themselves. As a fan, I've always felt strongly about that given the debilitating nature of this game long-term. The most experienced coaches do this (the Reids, Belichicks, McCarthys, Harbaughs... the glaring exception may be Carroll, but I associate that more with his college pedigree and player's coach mentality). 

So you can celebrate how rarely Zac steps in and how he demonstrates his youthful im/maturity by "listening to the players" but I won't. We have no way to know whether they're healthier this year, like you say, or just playing through more. For me, the fact it's taken such a wild turn from regime to regime raises more questions than answers. These are the same players playing the same sport with generally the same medical team operating by the same principles, yet producing wildly different outcomes. But it's speculation regardless. I agree with that.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Zac knows the gamesmanship involved in keeping injuries close to the vest.

^^^
Reply/Quote