Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"There's a loose belief that Taylor could get another year"
There’s an underrated factor in the talk around Zac Taylor’s job with the Cincinnati Bengals and what the future might hold:

Joe Burrow.

No stats, reasoning or evidence would seem to mean much in the conversation if Burrow wants Taylor to stay because he thinks they can win together.

And it sure seems to be trending that way. A new coaching deep dive from ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano suggests as much:

“This quote from a source close to Burrow is a good sign: “He loves it there and thinks he can win a Super Bowl with them.”

Questions persist about whether Taylor did enough with a maligned offensive line to protect Burrow. But the Bengals are in the process of phasing out older veterans, which takes time, and five of their losses this season were by five points or fewer. They were in almost every game they played prior to the Burrow injury. Because of all that, there’s a loose belief that Taylor could get another year. But a spirited finish would certainly help erase the doubt.”

That supposed quote doesn’t actually say anything about Taylor. But Burrow and Taylor have been blatantly on the same page since Day 1, so this isn’t too much of a surprise.

Granted, how much credit Taylor should receive for merely working well with a generational quarterback prospect is hard to say — but plenty of franchises have failed miserably by pairing the wrong coach with a first-round passer. Still, Taylor is 4-23-1 as he nears the end of his second season.

It’s on the Bengals front office to decide if the right coach-passer pairing is more important than overall performance, and if that pairing will eventually compensate for the rest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-burrow-save-zac-taylor-141814617.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr
Reply/Quote
Come on, Joe... say it ain’t so Whatever
Reply/Quote
I'd say the odds are close to 1005 that Zac returns. The question is: with what coordinators.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd say the odds are close to 1005 that Zac returns. The question is: with what coordinators.

My guess is Lou stays. Callahan goes.

Then, like Eason on the DL.

The big question is on Turner? And like I said in another thread, my guess is they keep Turner and add Sewell and then a Guard. Maybe not Thuney, but a B or C tier Guard.

Taylor will probably eventually get an extension. Maybe get the Team to 8-9 wins in a couple years. Then, when we do make the playoffs occasionally, he'll get drastically outcoached.

IF Taylor would just give up calling plays, things would look better.

Let's face it, Burrow is extremely arrogant and he thinks he can overcome this mess. No 1 player can overcome this all alone.
Reply/Quote
If Zac is back next year i'm not. This organization is a joke
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd say the odds are close to 1005 that Zac returns. The question is: with what coordinators.

And we're fooling ourselves. We're not a coordinator or 2 away from success.

The Elise Jesse article shows that Zac has no clue how to build a winning culture. No clue. Changing a coordinator or position coach is just going to delay the inevitable.

The Dolphins gutted their roster and were winning games the 2nd half of last year and are 8-4 this year. 2 years into the Taylor era, we are worse than we were the season before he took over. We had 6 wins then.
Reply/Quote
If Taylor is kept, Turner and Anarumo need to go anyway.
Good luck selling this used car to the fans if they keep everyone.
I for sure won't buy in again until I see wins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And we're fooling ourselves. We're not a coordinator or 2 away from success.

The Elise Jesse article shows that Zac has no clue how to build a winning culture. No clue. Changing a coordinator or position coach is just going to delay the inevitable.

The Dolphins gutted their roster and were winning games the 2nd half of last year and are 8-4 this year. 2 years into the Taylor era, we are worse than we were the season before he took over. We had 6 wins then.

I'm just going off experience from being a Bengal fan for a couple days.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: If Zac is back next year i'm not. This organization is a joke

There's only 1 franchise in the NFL that would consider giving a coach with 4.5 wins in 2 years a 3rd year...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm just going off experience from being a Bengal fan for a couple days.

Yeah. I get it. We're all predicting what the Bengals would do.

I'm pretty sure most of us would fire the entire staff.

They'll make minimal changes to the staff and try to sell us on them.

I'm not sure they fire Lou. I think they keep him. I'd fire Lou.
Reply/Quote
This guy generally has really good takes. Here's his take on Lou:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Wait, is the quote just that he loves it there and thinks he can win a SB with the team? Because if that's the quote, it says absolutely zero about his feelings on Taylor. And what's the guy gonna do anyway, shit all over his HC as a rookie QB knowing there's a possibility he has to come back and play for the guy again next year?

I can't read into things like that. If you asked me publicly about my awful bosses over the years, I'd tell you we were working together for the company's common goals and we had a strong team and a bunch of other BS. And some of those companies I felt could 100% be successful, but needed some changes to resources that there's no way I'd go out and publicly request.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:16 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Wait, is the quote just that he loves it there and thinks he can win a SB with the team?  Because if that's the quote, it says absolutely zero about his feelings on Taylor.  And what's the guy gonna do anyway, shit all over his HC as a rookie QB knowing there's a possibility he has to come back and play for the guy again next year?  

I can't read into things like that.  If you asked me publicly about my awful bosses over the years, I'd tell you we were working together for the company's common goals and we had a strong team and a bunch of other BS.  And some of those companies I felt could 100% be successful, but needed some changes to resources that there's no way I'd go out and publicly request.

Correct. It says he thinks he can win a SB here. He doesn't specifically mention Taylor.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm just going off experience from being a Bengal fan for a couple days.

This. Right. Here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: If Zac is back next year i'm not. This organization is a joke

Yep.  Won't be tuning in to any games next year, though I will for sure be on here to chat with you guys and see how the shit show is going. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
One of the main reasons fans want Taylor fired is because he had Burrow throwing the ball 45-50 times a game often from an empty backfield set.

One of the main reasons Burrow wants Taylor to stay is because he had him throwing the ball 45-50 times a game often from an empty backfield set.

That is why the players job is to play instead o making front office decisions.  The confidence that everyone loves in Burrow is also a reason he might make some stupid decisions.  He still thinks he is good enough to win games by himself.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Correct. It says he thinks he can win a SB here. He doesn't specifically mention Taylor.

Well, I'll just say this:

I think Burrow can win a Superbowl with the Bengals, too.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 01:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There’s an underrated factor in the talk around Zac Taylor’s job with the Cincinnati Bengals and what the future might hold:

Joe Burrow.

No stats, reasoning or evidence would seem to mean much in the conversation if Burrow wants Taylor to stay because he thinks they can win together.

And it sure seems to be trending that way. A new coaching deep dive from ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano suggests as much:

“This quote from a source close to Burrow is a good sign: “He loves it there and thinks he can win a Super Bowl with them.”

Questions persist about whether Taylor did enough with a maligned offensive line to protect Burrow. But the Bengals are in the process of phasing out older veterans, which takes time, and five of their losses this season were by five points or fewer. They were in almost every game they played prior to the Burrow injury. Because of all that, there’s a loose belief that Taylor could get another year. But a spirited finish would certainly help erase the doubt.”

That supposed quote doesn’t actually say anything about Taylor. But Burrow and Taylor have been blatantly on the same page since Day 1, so this isn’t too much of a surprise.

Granted, how much credit Taylor should receive for merely working well with a generational quarterback prospect is hard to say — but plenty of franchises have failed miserably by pairing the wrong coach with a first-round passer. Still, Taylor is 4-23-1 as he nears the end of his second season.

It’s on the Bengals front office to decide if the right coach-passer pairing is more important than overall performance, and if that pairing will eventually compensate for the rest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-burrow-save-zac-taylor-141814617.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr

IIRC, there was no real indication Marvin would be gone until he was. The Brown family plays these things very close to the best.  Pretty much any take on the situation is just speculation at this point.
Reply/Quote
Would I be surprised if Zac is brought back ? Yes Would I be shocked ? No

The complete ineptness ZT has shown without JB masking his deficiencies would be way more than enough for any owner/GM to say "I've seen enough".

But - Mike Brown so..........
Reply/Quote