Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days.
(12-17-2020, 11:27 AM)R3stangs Wrote: If theres one thing i've learned as a Bengal fan.....

it can always get worse.

No matter how bad you think it all is, they find a way to sink even lower.

Like a press conference to announce our new GM...............Troy Blackburn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like a press conference to announce our new GM...............Troy Blackburn.

Don't you put that on us man....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm wondering how many would actually be disappointed if we started next season 8-0 since they are so entrenched in seeing Taylor gone. Ninja
Reply/Quote
We already know he's a first class bull-shitter, so I'd chalk his positivity up to that. If he genuinely believes what he's saying and doesn't see the writing on the wall, then he's delusional.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 12:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm wondering how many would actually be disappointed if we started next season 8-0 since they are so entrenched in seeing Taylor gone. Ninja

If the Bengals keep ZT and he pops out of the gate next year with an 8-0 start, I'd be ecstatic.  I don't have a personal vendetta against the guy, I just don't think he'll ever turn it around here and become a winner.  I guess miracles can happen, but I wouldn't count on it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:04 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: If the Bengals keep ZT and he pops out of the gate next year with an 8-0 start, I'd be ecstatic.  I don't have a personal vendetta against the guy, I just don't think he'll ever turn it around here and become a winner.  I guess miracles can happen, but I wouldn't count on it. 

I don't think he'll start 8-0, I just think it would be fun to see the reactions....
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 12:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm wondering how many would actually be disappointed if we started next season 8-0 since they are so entrenched in seeing Taylor gone. Ninja

Zac has had a start with those numbers. Just in different combinations...0-8.

And I know atleast one person that is still a big Zac fanboy!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think he'll start 8-0, I just think it would be fun to see the reactions....

My jaw would be on the floor and I'd have to change my undies.  But that's some crow I'd be willing to eat.  

And I honestly don't think ZT is the biggest issue.  I think they need to replace Tobin and determine their true direction, then let the new guy build out his coaching staff.  Tobin was integral in the hire of Taylor and in large part responsible for the draft busts. 

But to your point, I have zero confidence Zac could ever even take this team to 2-0. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think he'll start 8-0, I just think it would be fun to see the reactions....

Yeah...it's fun to see reactions when he's 4-24-1 for his career. I'm sure there are a few MAJOR HOMERS on the board that will still defend him. Some probably think he has a chance to be 8-0 next year!

He's checked every failure box that he could this year including a catastrophic injury to our QB because of poor playcalling and allowing terrible lineman to keep starting.

Maybe next year he'll accidentally leave a toaster plugged in and burn down the stadium? He's failed so bad, it's hard for him to outdo himself. Yet he keeps finding ways!
Reply/Quote

For a team to.go 8-0 it helps to finish the previous season
On a strong note. This Bengals team like I predicted 
Many weeks ago would not win another game this year.
Zack would have to really evolve as a HC to even go 4 and 4.
The North will probally have 3 playoff teams this year.
Think about that. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:17 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: My jaw would be on the floor and I'd have to change my undies.  But that's some crow I'd be willing to eat.  

And I honestly don't think ZT is the biggest issue.  I think they need to replace Tobin and determine their true direction, then let the new guy build out his coaching staff.  Tobin was integral in the hire of Taylor and in large part responsible for the draft busts. 

But to your point, I have zero confidence Zac could ever even take this team to 2-0. 

Zac is definately a major issue, but he's more a symptom. A symptom of poor management. The fact that we even have to wonder if they will keep a coach with 4.5 wins over 2 years screams where the major issue lies.

You think the Steelers would keep a coach with 4.5 wins over 2 years?

You can't say you want to build a winning culture then keep a guy that loses nearly every game he coaches in.
Reply/Quote
Unbelievable days will be Monday with Finley as QB. We are going to get pounded so hard by the Sqealers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

We'd credit Burrow. And rightfully so most likely. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Jesus F'n Christ....

Your team just lost to the Cowboys 30-7.  You produced a whopping 7 points against the league's 32nd ranked defense.

You've averaged a paltry 10 points a game over your last 5 games.  And that's with a kickoff return in there!!!

You've NEVER won a road game.

You're winless in the division.

You're winless againt the NFC East, the worst conference in the entire league.

You're 4-24-1!!!!

Did it ever occur to you that people don't want to hear this bs right now?  Read the freaking room you dunce.

It's one thing to trot out this rah-rah, bubblegum bs after a tough loss in the midst of a 6-10 year 1.  But to do this in year 2 with all of the above?  Get the **** outta here with this garbage.

This douchebag that rolled out of clown car has absolutely no awareness whatsoever.  SHUT...THE...****...UP!!!!

What exactly would you like him to say?

"Uh, I am over my head and I don't know what I am doing or if we ever are going to have a winning season."

"We have had so many injuries this year it has really side tracked what we were hoping to accomplish this year and it has possibly set us back a year"  

"I am really disappointed in the effort we got out of Atkins, Dunlap, AJ Green and John Ross this year. I thought those guys were professionals and leaders on this team. Apparently I was wrong depending on them"

I am sure he would rather not even have to do the interview. He has not used injuries as an excuse, he has not thrown any players/coaches under the bus, nor has he complained about the roster.  He just keeps working and sticking to his plan. He does not need to be an open book to the fans and let everyone know the plan.

The only person Zak Taylor has to account to is probably Mike Brown. I am sure he laid out a 2 or 3 year rebuild plan when he was interviewed.  I doubt that anyone on this board was in that meeting but I am sure MB/Tobin will decide at the end of this year if things are still going by ZT's plan. If so he will be our coach next year if not he will be let go.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like a press conference to announce our new GM...............Troy Blackburn.
I said that in another thread!

Quite realistic...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 07:53 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: What exactly would you like him to say?

"Uh, I am over my head and I don't know what I am doing or if we ever are going to have a winning season."

"We have had so many injuries this year it has really side tracked what we were hoping to accomplish this year and it has possibly set us back a year"  

"I am really disappointed in the effort we got out of Atkins, Dunlap, AJ Green and John Ross this year. I thought those guys were professionals and leaders on this team. Apparently I was wrong depending on them"

I am sure he would rather not even have to do the interview. He has not used injuries as an excuse, he has not thrown any players/coaches under the bus, nor has he complained about the roster.  He just keeps working and sticking to his plan. He does not need to be an open book to the fans and let everyone know the plan.

The only person Zak Taylor has to account to is probably Mike Brown. I am sure he laid out a 2 or 3 year rebuild plan when he was interviewed.  I doubt that anyone on this board was in that meeting but I am sure MB/Tobin will decide at the end of this year if things are still going by ZT's plan. If so he will be our coach next year if not he will be let go.

Here's what I think would be a reasonable quote:

"It's been a tough year, there's no doubt about that.  But our goal moving forward is the same as it was to start the year, to win balls games.

We're going to get ready for Pittsburgh, and my job is to make sure that our guys are going to give the effort we demand here.  And if they don't then we'll find someone who will. 

Even with the playoffs out of reach, this team still has the opportunity to pick up a couple of division wins, which is something we desperately need.  We've failed in that department thus far and we have no intention of packing it in, or getting down on ourselves.  We need to do better. Now is another opportunity.

Look, guys.  It's real simple.  This team has to get better.  I have to get better.  We all need to get better.  We're going to have to find a way to find some success to close out the year.  It's imperative to see results to build off of moving forward.

I'm not going to sit here and make excuses.  Neither are our guys.  None of us are happy right now, as I'm sure none of our fans are either.  But the best thing we can right now is to go out there on Sunday and leave it all out on the field.  That's the best answer I can give right now.

This isn't an excuse, or an answer meant to explain our woes. But we have one focus right now.  Until the season is up, I can't allow myself to think of anything beyond this slate of games ahead of us.

We need to win.  Period."

I'm not writing this and believing this exact quote needs to be said, it's just a typical coach speak repsonse that I think hits on a couple key things:

-Acknowledging the season has been a failure
-Stating the results/effort is not acceptable
-Preaching accountability (for coaches and players)
-Not looking forward (saying things will be great in the future), and simply focusing on the present task

That's really it.  He doesn't need to hit on all of these things, or come anywhere close to the wording I used.  That's not really all that important.

What is important however, is not coming out (for the umpteeth time) and giving a quote where speaks down the road when everything is going to be hunky dory.  No one wants to hear that right now.  And people see better than the here. 

Show them.  Show them something.  Show them anything.

Until then, shut the hell up with this snake oil bs and give a typical response like the one I just took the time to give to you.  It's not that hard to read a room, and spare everyone with this nonsense that no one is in the mood to hear.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 08:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here's what I think would be a reasonable quote:

"It's been a tough year, there's no doubt about that.  But our goal moving forward is the same as it was to start the year, to win balls games.

We're going to get ready for Pittsburgh, and my job is to make sure that our guys are going to give the effort we demand here.  And if they don't then we'll find someone who will. 

Even with the playoffs out of reach, this team still has the opportunity to pick up a couple of division wins, which is something we desperately need.  We've failed in that department thus far and we have no intention of packing it in, or getting down on ourselves.  We need to do better. Now is another opportunity.

Look, guys.  It's real simple.  This team has to get better.  I have to get better.  We all need to get better.  We're going to have to find a way to find some success to close out the year.  It's imperative to see results to build off of moving forward.

I'm not going to sit here and make excuses.  Neither are our guys.  None of us are happy right now, as I'm sure none of our fans are either.  But the best thing we can right now is to go out there on Sunday and leave it all out on the field.  That's the best answer I can give right now.

This isn't an excuse, or an answer meant to explain our woes. But we have one focus right now.  Until the season is up, I can't allow myself to think of anything beyond this slate of games ahead of us.

We need to win.  Period."

I'm not writing this and believing this exact quote needs to be said, it's just a typical coach speak repsonse that I think hits on a couple key things:

-Acknowledging the season has been a failure
-Stating the results/effort is not acceptable
-Preaching accountability (for coaches and players)
-Not looking forward (saying things will be great in the future), and simply focusing on the present task

That's really it.  He doesn't need to hit on all of these things, or come anywhere close to the wording I used.  That's not really all that important.

What is important however, is not coming out (for the umpteeth time) and giving a quote where speaks down the road when everything is going to be hunky dory.  No one wants to hear that right now.  And people see better than the here. 

Show them.  Show them something.  Show them anything.

Until then, shut the hell up with this snake oil bs and give a typical response like the one I just took the time to give to you.  It's not that hard to read a room, and spare everyone with this nonsense that no one is in the mood to hear.

Thanks for taking the time to write that. I like it but I don't think many people on the board would give him a break if he actually had said that. Fans want wins and that is it. Anything else is just BS. I get it and I want us to win too. I guess I am the only one on this board who did not think this was a 2 year fix and we would be playing for the Championship. I know everybody wants progress but 2020 has been a tough year for all teams involved especially rebuilding teams. I know Miami is playing well but I feel like they are a year ahead of us. I also think Bengals beat them if we had Joe Burrow. People also like to point out our losing record against the NFC East. Well Redskins did beat the Steelers and the Cowboys and Giants both gave the Steelers everything they wanted. In fact if it were not for 4 horrendous calls Cowboys beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. One more year and then I am done with ZT if I do not see a major improvement. 8-8 is what I would consider major. Thanks again!
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he's trying to save his job.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:03 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to write that. I like it but I don't think many people on the board would give him a break if he actually had said that. Fans want wins and that is it. Anything else is just BS. I get it and I want us to win too. I guess I am the only one on this board who did not think this was a 2 year fix and we would be playing for the Championship. I know everybody wants progress but 2020 has been a tough year for all teams involved especially rebuilding teams. I know Miami is playing well but I feel like they are a year ahead of us. I also think Bengals beat them if we had Joe Burrow. People also like to point out our losing record against the NFC East. Well Redskins did beat the Steelers and the Cowboys and Giants both gave the Steelers everything they wanted. In fact if it were not for 4 horrendous calls Cowboys beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. One more year and then I am done with ZT if I do not see a major improvement. 8-8 is what I would consider major. Thanks again!

2 year fix? We havent improved in any areas. Any.

The Dolphins ranked last offseason and are 8-4 now. It doesnt take 7 years to turn teams around.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sounds like he's trying to save his job.

I get that we're Bengals fans and we expect the worst, but I don't think he can.  This team, barring an actual miracle from God, is going to lose out.  Taylor will be nearly impossible to sell to the fans as a guy that they should buy tickets and merchandise to support.  The family knows this.  

This was not 2019 when we had no FAs worth a shit and our best player out before the year even started.  We had a small fortune's worth of Taylor's handpicked FAs and an all-world rookie that proved himself quite capable of being a very good NFL quarterback.  

4 wins in 2 years is flat out pathetic.  They weren't tanking.  They never tanked intentionally.  The 2020 roster was a group assembled to allegedly compete in this division, and it was an unmitigated disaster in almost every way.  

Losing isn't new here of late.  We've been losing since 2016 to varying degrees.  Losing and not managing to escape the season with the only hope this team has of a legitimately competitive future intact is unacceptable and fireable.  
Reply/Quote