Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days.
(12-17-2020, 09:03 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to write that. I like it but I don't think many people on the board would give him a break if he actually had said that. Fans want wins and that is it. Anything else is just BS. I get it and I want us to win too. I guess I am the only one on this board who did not think this was a 2 year fix and we would be playing for the Championship. I know everybody wants progress but 2020 has been a tough year for all teams involved especially rebuilding teams. I know Miami is playing well but I feel like they are a year ahead of us. I also think Bengals beat them if we had Joe Burrow. People also like to point out our losing record against the NFC East. Well Redskins did beat the Steelers and the Cowboys and Giants both gave the Steelers everything they wanted. In fact if it were not for 4 horrendous calls Cowboys beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. One more year and then I am done with ZT if I do not see a major improvement. 8-8 is what I would consider major. Thanks again!

Both 'interim' head coaches this year already have as many wins as Zac.  Mellow

Joe Judge walked into a shithole in NY and has already won 5 games. Adam Gase is 0-13 this year and still has 3 more wins than Zac over the last 2 years. At every turn, the excuses fail to hold up with Zac. He's by far the worst HC hired in the past 2 years. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:03 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to write that. I like it but I don't think many people on the board would give him a break if he actually had said that. Fans want wins and that is it. Anything else is just BS.

Yeah, this is kinda my whole point.

The reality is there no perfect quote or answer he can give that people are going to gain confidence or acceptance from.  So stop trying to find one. Stop trying to win people over, or convince people that they're going to see different results.

Show them.  Give them something.

Show some accountability. Show some humilty.   Don't make excuses.  And don't talk about what's eventually going to happen.  Just own up to what you've produced and be honest about your current goals and expectations.

That's the best he can do right now.  There's no explaining away these results, and there's no hope to be had right now.  Giving these statements week in and week out is just adding fuel to the fire.  As much as people hate losing, they getting BS shoveled on top of it even more.

I'm not going to like anything he says right now simply because I don't believe in him as a coach.  But I would like him a helluva lot more if he didn't patronize me with quotes like these.

IMHO, he's doing way more harm than good with this stuff.  He just sounds ridiculous.  Not only aren't people buying in, they're laughing. Quotes like these are joke, and show absolutely zero awareness.
Reply/Quote
Where the hell is the fix?

This team does not look closer, besides some decent players and a few good/great ones(you make the call).

The path to any semblance of success with Zac at the helm was only elevated by a Mr. Joe Burrow.

Zac might not be the whole problem but nothing we've seen points to him being the answer.

Bad coaching hires top to bottom(some buddies). Disgruntled players who point to lack of communication within the team.

He's had and will have no clout or track record to attract the coaching that our F/O sorely needs to overcome their ineptness as a franchise.

He doesn't have to torpedo himself in the press but as Wes said he should at least understand that projecting fantasies of future success should be curtailed now.

Whether it's poor coaching, injuries, bad luck, or a combo of them all. Just spare the BS and pack your stuff you snake.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yeah, this is kinda my whole point.

The reality is there no perfect quote or answer he can give that people are going to gain confidence or acceptance from.  So stop trying to find one.  Stop trying to win people over, or convince people that they're going to see different results.

Show them.  Give them something.

Show some accountability. Show some humilty.   Don't make excuses.  And don't talk about what's eventually going to happen.  Just own up to what you've produced and be honest about your current goals and expectations.

That's the best he can do right now.  There's no explaining away these results, and there's no hope to be had right now.  Giving these statements week in and week out is just adding fuel to the fire.  As much as people hate losing, they getting BS shoveled on top of it even more.

I'm not going to like anything he says right now simply because I don't believe in him as a coach.  But I would like him a helluva lot more if he didn't patronize me with quotes like these.

IMHO, he's doing way more harm than good with this stuff.  He just sounds ridiculous.  Not only aren't people buying in, they're laughing.  Quotes like these are joke, and show absolutely zero awareness.

Wes Just imagine if this dip-shit didn't put Dalton back in last season?

He'd be looking at only 2 wins his whole miserable "coaching" career here.

The guy is basically the worst coach this team has ever had and yet people want to give him a longer leash?

GTFOH with that garbage people.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think he'll start 8-0, I just think it would be fun to see the reactions....

The only 8-0 start Zac is going to get is scoring two field goals and a safety before the other team piles on the points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Both 'interim' head coaches this year already have as many wins as Zac.  Mellow

Joe Judge walked into a shithole in NY and has already won 5 games. Adam Gase is 0-13 this year and still has 3 more wins than Zac over the last 2 years. At every turn, the excuses fail to hold up with Zac. He's by far the worst HC hired in the past 2 years. 

I was listening to a sports show last night and they said Gase is probably going to have to go back to being a position coach to even earn another shot at being a coordinator. And it’s unlikely he’ll ever get another HC gig. I think the same will probably apply for Taylor.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was listening to a sports show last night and they said Gase is probably going to have to go back to being a position coach to even earn another shot at being a coordinator. And it’s unlikely he’ll ever get another HC gig. I think the same will probably apply for Taylor.

Zac most likely will go back to the college ranks. If he’s lucky, someone will give him a position gig or some other minor assistant gig in the pros. His tenure as coordinator in both college and pro football have been mediocre.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds like a guy who's confident that his job isn't in jeopardy.. Awe shit fellas, it might get worse before it gets better. Mellow

It gets better?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 10:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: At this rate 8-8 feels like "unbelievable days"...

thats overachieving wouldn't you say?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:03 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to write that. I like it but I don't think many people on the board would give him a break if he actually had said that. Fans want wins and that is it. Anything else is just BS. I get it and I want us to win too. I guess I am the only one on this board who did not think this was a 2 year fix and we would be playing for the Championship. I know everybody wants progress but 2020 has been a tough year for all teams involved especially rebuilding teams. I know Miami is playing well but I feel like they are a year ahead of us. I also think Bengals beat them if we had Joe Burrow. People also like to point out our losing record against the NFC East. Well Redskins did beat the Steelers and the Cowboys and Giants both gave the Steelers everything they wanted. In fact if it were not for 4 horrendous calls Cowboys beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. One more year and then I am done with ZT if I do not see a major improvement. 8-8 is what I would consider major. Thanks again!

Here's the thing... Nobody was expecting them to play for a championship 2 years in.

My acceptable win total this year was "touching .500". 8-8, 7-9, I'd have even have accepted 6-10. The thing that bothers me about those who are saying this isn't a couple of year fix is that what they are "fixing" was a team that was 6-10. We're fixing a team that won 6 games with their QB and No. 1 WR missing significant time. Zac Taylor hadn't led the Bengals to that many wins in 2 seasons.

I was OK with cutting bait on Taylor after last season. The only good argument not to was that it sends a bad message to potential hires the next season. All in all... That's not a good reason to keep a bad coach. Zac Taylor has proven (without a doubt) this season that he is just that... A bad coach.

I don't expect Zac's replacement to compete for championships in year 2 either. He'll be "fixing" a 2 win team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I listened to this on WLW. Zac's got some ***** balls. Perhaps it's all ego and self pity, but if he thinks he'll be around when the tide turns, then he's delusional. MB will get rid of him someday and it will be before the Error Failure ever has success in this league.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 2 year fix? We havent improved in any areas. Any.

The Dolphins ranked last offseason and are 8-4 now. It doesnt take 7 years to turn teams around.

Good grief how time flies, has Zac been here 7 years already???? Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 01:58 AM)jason Wrote: Here's the thing... Nobody was expecting them to play for a championship  2 years in.

My acceptable win total this year was "touching .500". 8-8, 7-9, I'd have even have accepted 6-10. The thing that bothers me about those who are saying this isn't a couple of year fix is that what they are "fixing" was a team that was 6-10. We're fixing a team that won 6 games with their QB and No. 1 WR missing significant time. Zac Taylor hadn't led the Bengals to that many wins in 2 seasons.

I was OK with cutting bait on Taylor after last season. The only good argument not to was that it sends a bad message to potential hires the next season. All in all... That's not a good reason to keep a bad coach. Zac Taylor has proven (without a doubt) this season that he is just that... A bad coach.

I don't expect Zac's replacement to compete for championships in year 2 either. He'll be "fixing" a 2 win team.

Yep. And with all the players they added, along with Burrow, Tee, and Wilson...they should be way better than 2.5 wins. Their schedule was arguably much weaker this year than last.

I just don't see improvement. The run game has regressed this year. Somehow they figured out how to run the ball the 2nd half of last year, added Jonah and then Spain to the line...and got much worse running the ball and the pass protection has been equally as bad.

The run defense is maybe slightly better. It went from Terrible to really Bad. (3rd worst in the league.) The passing game went from Bad to Poor to Below Average...and it's hard to really evaluate because they throw A LOT which skews yardage stats. Couldn't hit deep throws all year for instance.

Generally in rebuilds, you see areas of the team improve from Year 1 to Year 2. IF that were the case, I'd be more apt to give them a 3rd year.

I don't see Zac miraculously learning how to become a great HC in Year 3. He's been outcoached basically by every coach he's faced for 2 years. The abysmal 3rd quarter numbers show that. Miami went to a Cover 2 and they didn't know how to counter that. There are pretty fundamental issues that another year won't fix.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 02:22 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I listened to this on WLW. Zac's got some ***** balls. Perhaps it's all ego and self pity, but if he thinks he'll be around when the tide turns, then he's delusional. MB will get rid of him someday and it will be before the Error Failure ever has success in this league.

It's actually being gutless. He takes the easy way out. A true leader would be like 'I'm failing. We're taking a hard look in the mirror and evaluating what works and what doesn't. We'll get this fixed.'

Zac just basically says we'll stay the course. What we do will work...despite overwhelming evidence that it doesn't work.

One of the hardest things in life to do is admit that you are the reason for your problems. The easy thing is to blame it on external circumstances. Of course, I think the Bengals management team does this too or they would have hired a GM and more scouts.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief how time flies, has Zac been here 7 years already???? Cool

An easy way to know would be to see if he has 14 career wins.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 09:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This was from Monday!

"I'm not going to be any different in front of [the media] than I am in front of the players and coaches. We believe in what we're doing. I think that's the most important thing," Taylor said on Monday. "That may be hard for people to believe given our track record of wins and losses, but there will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days. I think a lot of people will forget them when we're playing for championships and playing for division titles and you're seeing great things on the field from our guys. I know we just have to weather the storm and get through it and look forward to the great days ahead."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/news/zac-taylor-odds-of-being-next-head-coach-fired-increase?__twitter_impression=true

While I appreciate the optimism, I have seen one three game stretch where the offense looked legit, and then they got beat by 30 by pitt and looked like a JV team.  Sorry, Zac.   You have done virtually nothing to earn my optimism....and that is saying something as I am probably one of the biggest optimists on this board.  We want to believe and we hope you are right, but we have heard this song and dance before and it ends up being hollow optimism.  
Reply/Quote
Championships??? Don't talk about - championships? You kidding me? I just want to win a game!! Championships?? /JimMoreRant

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 01:37 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Championships??? Don't talk about - championships? You kidding me? I just want to win a game!! Championships?? /JimMoreRant

All kidding aside, it's amazing.  A few years ago we were upset we couldn't win a playoff game with Marvin.  And we just couldn't.  Prime time, playoffs, definite weaknesses.  But now we sit here and just wish for a win.  Wild what a few years' difference can make in what we crave! 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 01:49 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: All kidding aside, it's amazing.  A few years ago we were upset we couldn't win a playoff game with Marvin.  And we just couldn't.  Prime time, playoffs, definite weaknesses.  But now we sit here and just wish for a win.  Wild what a few years' difference can make in what we crave! 

Marvin Lewis worked wonders in Cincinnati. It's that simple.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Laugh all you want but this is basic coach speak that every other HC would spew in the same situation.

No matter how bad things are you have to try and keep the players positive. No coach has never improved anything by telling the press that the team is total shit and that they have no chance of beating anyone. If you have a top tier team you might try and motivate them by claiming they can't win a big game "the way they are currently playing", but if you have a team that is one of the worst in the league you have a positive attitude if you hope to get any effort out of them at all.
Reply/Quote