Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"They were f------ awesome." Chad Johnson
I will always love Chad Johnson. I still remember the days of him buying out 10,000 seats just so the game could be shown on T.V. and ask nothing in return other then being a Bengals fan.

Good read about last Sundays game with some Chad Johnson quotes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000557649/article/cincinnati-bengals-have-a-different-feel-just-ask-chad-johnson
Reply/Quote
Chad is on the long list of former Bengals that gets bashed waaaay too much on here.

Good to see him popping back up.
Reply/Quote
always been a Chad fan... he had a few rough years here But he was one of the main reasons to watch the team for years.
Reply/Quote
I've always thought a lot of the bad wrap Chad got wasn't because he wanted all the attention (true, he did want most of the attention), I think he just really wanted to be part of a successful team. I think a lot of his conflicts here and some of the things he said were just because he wanted the team to turn the corner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Best WR in cincy ever not named AJ Green. Yeah Brown Pickens Collinsworth were all solid but ocho was one of a kind
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:51 PM)Benton Wrote: I've always thought a lot of the bad wrap Chad got wasn't because he wanted all the attention (true, he did want most of the attention), I think he just really wanted to be part of a successful team. I think a lot of his conflicts here and some of the things he said were just because he wanted the team to turn the corner.

Actions speak louder than words.  Green seems to be letting his play do the talking for him.  I liked Chad, but I love AJ.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:55 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Best WR in cincy ever not named AJ Green. Yeah Brown Pickens Collinsworth were all solid but ocho was one of a kind

You should have been alive in the 80's to make that statement. Collinsworth was the man...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You should have been alive in the 80's to make that statement. Collinsworth was the man...

I wasn't alive in the 80's, all my memories of Collinsworth are of him as a commentator, and he tends to do nothing but talk good about the stoolers, even if their not on the field..
Reply/Quote
I never really cared to much for the yack yack of Chad, but he was a great receiver and brought a lot to the team. I don't wish him any ill will. I'm glad he's enjoying being around the team and perhaps he can teach players a thing or two about running routes and so on.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You should have been alive in the 80's to make that statement. Collinsworth was the man...

Chris, er I mean Sled21,

I was alive in the 80's and there is no comparison between Chad and Collinsworth.  Sorry.
Reply/Quote
Man we have some young fans, not alive in the 80s! Lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Chad was a great wideout , however the NFL changed rules to lessen the dominance of Mr. Isaac Curtis....

forgot to quote post 5
Reply/Quote
Was just about to post a thread about the article. Glad that I saw this thread.

I've always had a lot of respect for 85, he always kept his nose clean and was a class act for the most part while he was here. And he made watching the Bengals fun to watch!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Isaac Curtis did not suck either.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:26 PM)JADefense Wrote: Chris, er I mean Sled21,

I was alive in the 80's and there is no comparison between Chad and Collinsworth.  Sorry.

You're right, Collinsworth could run the correct routes. I'm not a Chad hater, I like the guy, but he had issues.....
Reply/Quote
He's a wife beater and an attention ***** with obvious mental illness.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Isaac Curtis did not suck either.

Yea. Don't forget about this guy. Still my favorite Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Man we have some young fans, not alive in the 80s! Lol.

Well i'm 25, not exactly young. Hell, there are players on the team younger than that...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 10:33 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: He's a wife beater and an attention ***** with obvious mental illness.

Well aren't you just a people person.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 12:56 AM)treee Wrote: Well aren't you just a people person.

He's obviously never been caught with condoms in his car. That head butt might have been Chad's only hope of getting out of that car alive. 

:jk: Chad's an idiot, but that's also what makes him kind of fun. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote