Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections.
(04-16-2021, 01:55 PM)bengaloo Wrote: It might be puzzling to you, but its not to me.  If you are a white liberal, this topic is beyond your mindset. That is all I will say. 

Nothing is "beyond the mindset" of people who rely on evidence-base arguments,

including Supreme Court decisions, as I just did.

But illiberals dodge evidence-based arguments. They have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:55 PM)bengaloo Wrote: It might be puzzling to you, but its not to me.  If you are a white liberal, this topic is beyond your mindset. That is all I will say. 

By "beyond mindset" are you referring to the type of mindset needed to ignore reality?

For example how does your "mindset" deal with Republicans who have admitted that these voter suppression laws are not about "fair elections" but instead about targeting minority and other Democrat voters?

In Florida, both the state’s former Republican Party chairman, Jim Greer, and its former Republican governor, Charlie Crist, told The Palm Beach Post in 2012 that the state’s voter ID law was devised to suppress Democratic votes. Mr. Greer told The Post: “The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates. It’s done for one reason and one reason only,” he said. Consultants told him “we’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,” he said.

He added, “They never came in to see me and tell me we had a fraud issue. It’s all a marketing ploy.”

.  .  .  .  

Don Yelton, a North Carolina Republican Party county precinct chairman, told an interviewer for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” in 2013 that the state’s voter ID law would “kick the Democrats in the butt.” Mr. Yelton later resigned

.  .  .  .  

Scott Tranter, a Republican political consultant for Mr. Romney and others, called voter ID laws — and generating long lines at polling places — part of his party's tool kit.

.  .  .  .  

Republican leader of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Mike Turzai, predicted during the campaign that the voter ID law would “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”

.  .  .  .  

In Pennsylvania, the state Republican Party chairman, Robert Gleason, told an interviewer that the state’s voter ID law “had helped a bit” in lowering President Obama’s margin of victory over the Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in the state in 2012.

.  .  .  .  

in Wisconsin, Todd Allbaugh, 46, a staff aide to a Republican state legislator, attributed his decision to quit his job in 2015 and leave the party to what he witnessed at a Republican caucus meeting. He [/url]wrote on Facebook:

Quote:I was in the closed Senate Republican Caucus when the final round of multiple Voter ID bills were being discussed. A handful of the GOP Senators were giddy about the ramifications and literally singled out the prospects of suppressing minority and college voters. Think about that for a minute. Elected officials planning and happy to help deny a fellow American’s constitutional right to vote in order to increase their own chances to hang onto power.

.  .  .  .  

Representative Glenn Grothman, Republican of Wisconsin, 
predicted in a television interview that the state’s photo ID law would weaken the Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning the state in November’s election.

.  .  .  .  

Arguing before the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT, Republican lawyer Michael Carvin explained that the out-of-precinct ballot ban should be sustained because “it puts us at a competitive disadvantage relative to Democrats.”

.  .  .  .  

Phyllis Schlafly:  Republican lawmakers must restrict early voting opportunities because high voter turnout helps Democrats:

Quote:Democrats promote early voting for the same reason they oppose voter ID: because they view early voting as helping their side. In the absurdly long 35-day period of early voting in Ohio in 2012, Democrats racked up perhaps a million-vote advantage over Republicans before Election Day was ever reached. Republicans have been slow to realize how early voting helps the Democrats.

.  .  .  
Georgia state Sen. Fran Millar, like Schlafly, has [url=https://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/09/09/3565073/georgia-senator-early-voting-suppression/]condemned attempts to increase voter turnout. He was particularly critical of an effort in DeKalb County, the state’s third largest, to open an early voting center in a mall near a predominantly black megachurch and “dominated by African American shoppers.” Millar wrote in 2014:

Quote:Now we are to have Sunday voting at South DeKalb Mall just prior to the election. Per Jim Galloway of the [Atlanta Journal-Constitution], this location is dominated by African American shoppers and it is near several large African American mega churches such as New Birth Missionary Baptist . Galloway also points out the Democratic Party thinks this is a wonderful idea – what a surprise. I’m sure Michelle Nunn and Jason Carter are delighted with this blatantly partisan move in DeKalb.
Is it possible church buses will be used to transport people directly to the mall since the poll will open when the mall opens? If this happens, so much for the accepted principle of separation of church and state.

He later added: “I would prefer more educated voters than a greater increase in the number of voters.”

.  .  .  .  

Doug Preisse, the chairman of the Republican Party in Franklin County, Ohio, the home of Columbus, plainly admitted in the run-up to the 2012 election why he believed the state should curb early voting hours: “I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter turnout machine.”
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: By "beyond mindset" are you referring to the type of mindset needed to ignore reality?

For example how does your "mindset" deal with Republicans who have admitted that these voter suppression laws are not about "fair elections" but instead about targeting minority and other Democrat voters?

In Florida, both the state’s former Republican Party chairman, Jim Greer, and its former Republican governor, Charlie Crist, told The Palm Beach Post in 2012 that the state’s voter ID law was devised to suppress Democratic votes. Mr. Greer told The Post: “The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates. It’s done for one reason and one reason only,” he said. Consultants told him “we’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,” he said.

He added, “They never came in to see me and tell me we had a fraud issue. It’s all a marketing ploy.”

.  .  .  .  

Don Yelton, a North Carolina Republican Party county precinct chairman, told an interviewer for Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” in 2013 that the state’s voter ID law would “kick the Democrats in the butt.” Mr. Yelton later resigned

.  .  .  .  

Scott Tranter, a Republican political consultant for Mr. Romney and others, called voter ID laws — and generating long lines at polling places — part of his party's tool kit.

.  .  .  .  

Republican leader of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Mike Turzai, predicted during the campaign that the voter ID law would “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”

.  .  .  .  

In Pennsylvania, the state Republican Party chairman, Robert Gleason, told an interviewer that the state’s voter ID law “had helped a bit” in lowering President Obama’s margin of victory over the Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in the state in 2012.

.  .  .  .  

in Wisconsin, Todd Allbaugh, 46, a staff aide to a Republican state legislator, attributed his decision to quit his job in 2015 and leave the party to what he witnessed at a Republican caucus meeting. He [/url]wrote on Facebook:

.  .  .  .  

Representative Glenn Grothman, Republican of Wisconsin, 
predicted in a television interview that the state’s photo ID law would weaken the Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning the state in November’s election.

.  .  .  .  

Arguing before the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT, Republican lawyer Michael Carvin explained that the out-of-precinct ballot ban should be sustained because “it puts us at a competitive disadvantage relative to Democrats.”

.  .  .  .  

Phyllis Schlafly:  Republican lawmakers must restrict early voting opportunities because high voter turnout helps Democrats:

.  .  .  
Georgia state Sen. Fran Millar, like Schlafly, has [url=https://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/09/09/3565073/georgia-senator-early-voting-suppression/]condemned attempts to increase voter turnout. He was particularly critical of an effort in DeKalb County, the state’s third largest, to open an early voting center in a mall near a predominantly black megachurch and “dominated by African American shoppers.” Millar wrote in 2014:

He later added: “I would prefer more educated voters than a greater increase in the number of voters.”

.  .  .  .  

Doug Preisse, the chairman of the Republican Party in Franklin County, Ohio, the home of Columbus, plainly admitted in the run-up to the 2012 election why he believed the state should curb early voting hours: “I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter turnout machine.”

I appreciate the effort Fred and Dill, but we will not be able to agree on this issue, and probably many others for what helps and/or hurts the black communities. No hard feelings. I'll stick to talking football on here from now on. Have a wonderful day! 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 12:20 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I appreciate the effort Fred and Dill, but we will not be able to agree on this issue, and probably many others for what helps and/or hurts the black communities. No hard feelings. I'll stick to talking football on here from now on. Have a wonderful day! 

Thanks for the response, bengaloo.

Though it is not so much "issues" we are disagreeing on here so much as facts. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 12:20 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I appreciate the effort Fred and Dill, but we will not be able to agree on this issue, and probably many others for what helps and/or hurts the black communities. No hard feelings. I'll stick to talking football on here from now on. Have a wonderful day! 

That's a lot of words for 'you decimated my feelings with facts; time for me to go home'.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 04:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's a lot of words for 'you decimated my feelings with facts; time for me to go home'.

That is a really kind thing of you to say to someone you know nothing about. Love it!  Tongue

Honestly just dont like to debate/argue over things I already know we disagree on. Girls do that. I can agree to disagree with no hard feelings. Can you?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 05:27 PM)bengaloo Wrote: That is a really kind thing of you to say to someone you know nothing about. Love it!  Tongue

Honestly just dont like to debate/argue over things I already know we disagree on. Girls do that. I can agree to disagree with no hard feelings. Can you?

Oh I wasn't disagreeing or agreeing with anyone so much as I was providing some commentary and making an observation on how the conversation with you 3 went.

Also it's bold of you to assume I don't know anything about the discussion or how one demographic or another would feel about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 05:27 PM)bengaloo Wrote: That is a really kind thing of you to say to someone you know nothing about. Love it!  Tongue

So basically you are fine with being able to make a false statement and not having anyone correct you?

And anyone who corrects you is a girl?

Wow, what a big man you are.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So basically you are fine with being able to make a false statement and not having anyone correct you?

And anyone who corrects you is a girl?

Wow, what a big man you are.

The lawyer in you is pretty awesome Fredtoast, and I like you for that. You're a very intelligent person. 

I havent made false statements and wasn't corrected by anyone. I dont see anything you or Dill put out there as fact either including the pbs article, nor were my feelings decimated like Bigpapa implied. That was actually a really ignorant statement from Bigpapa, and making insulting implications like that reminds me of the teenage girls growing up. Cant help it, it just does. Prove me wrong? Thats how it was on my playground. I'm not trying to change anyones opinion. This is just a forum and I put my opinion out there. I read yours and looked at what Dill posted, and didnt agree with it or see it as fact. If I did I would've said so. 

But one thing... I dont really tend to listen to white people tell me what blacks can and cant do or whats good for the black communities. I have a hunch that I know a lot more about the black communities than you do and ever will lol. You can argue your point and try to sell it as fact and that is fine, I respect your opinion, but its not fact in my eyes. Y'all are just making Malcom X look right when he said the biggest threat to black folks are white liberals. Eek. That's a crappy way to think, but he may be onto something  Nervous  

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 06:29 PM)bengaloo Wrote:  Y'all are just making Malcom X look right when he said the biggest threat to black folks are white liberals. Eek. That's a crappy way to think, but he may be onto something  Nervous  

So you agree with what Malcom X said about ALL white people?

How can you agree with part of what he says without agreeing with all of it?

But I am guessing that (again) you are just parroting something you got from the right-wing echo chgamber and never even bothered to educate yourself on what Malcom really said.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 08:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you agree with what Malcom X said about ALL white people?

How can you agree with part of what he says without agreeing with all of it?

But I am guessing that (again) you are just parroting something you got from the right-wing echo chgamber and never even bothered to educate yourself on what Malcom really said.

You guess a lot.

No I dont agree with him about ALL white people. I actually can agree with part of what he says and in fact I dont agree with a lot of Malcom X actually, but a couple family member do moreso than I. MLK, I do agree way more with for sure. I'm not parroting anything. I've read many books and have a very good education. I also come from a really big crazy and fun family of blacks, whites and hispanics that are spread out from Houston to Boston. 

You want to talk echo chamber, post a PBS article and call it fact. I would say the same about Fox news. I flush more useful things down the toilet every day than those two outlets can muster combined. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 06:29 PM)bengaloo Wrote:  This is just a forum and I put my opinion out there. I read yours and looked at what Dill posted, and didnt agree with it or see it as fact. 

That is a big problem around here lately.

I posted a list of Republicans claiming that voter suppression laws were not about fair elections but instead about helping Republican win.  Those are facts.  But you refuse to acknowledge that anything that does not support your position is an "opinion" and not a "fact".  You act like you are able to decide what is a fact what is an opinion.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 08:09 PM)bengaloo Wrote: No I dont agree with him about ALL white people. 

Of course you don't.  You only agree with the part that supports what you want to say.  That is the way you are with everything.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 08:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is a big problem around here lately.

I posted a list of Republicans claiming that voter suppression laws were not about fair elections but instead about helping Republican win.  Those are facts.  But you refuse to acknowledge that anything that does not support your position is an "opinion" and not a "fact".  You act like you are able to decide what is a fact what is an opinion.

I want voter laws that dont favor anyone, and I dont think some of the proposals out there now are going to favor anyone except the true and honest winner. I dont care of its democrat or republican, I just want the person to win who was elected and voter fraud has been an issue for a long time. I do think voter ID's are a good idea. And total transparency in all ways. No electronic voter machines or mail in ballots. My uncle has lived in Detriot since way back when it was nice, a looong time ago. They cheat all the time up there. Its one of the most corrupt areas in the nation I would guess, and the people who get voted in up there have done nothing but continually hurt Detroit, especially the black communities. If you dont believe me, go there and see it for yourself instead of reading some left wing propaganda. Be the journalist yourself by doing your own investigation. 

There are adults living in the black communities in Detroit that dont even know how to balance a checkbook. They know how to get an ID. They know how to get welfare, HUD, stamps, but they cant balance a checkbook. They have the worst education maybe in the country, I dont know. But what people need who are in those situations are opportunity to better themselves, which is not what they are being taught by anyone, especially the left in that area. They havent got to feel what its like to accomplish something and make a living themselves that they can hang their hat on. Generational welfare. No more than modern day slavery. Here's your bread and water now go vote Democrat or you'll lose it because Republicans are bad. They want you to work. Gtfo. Ppl really need to research and soul search on some of these issues. The media does more harm than good, sadly.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course you don't.  You only agree with the part that supports what you want to say.  That is the way you are with everything.

If that is the case, then I am no different than you. So maybe we are more alike than you would prefer.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 08:27 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If that is the case, then I am no different than you. So maybe we are more alike than you would prefer.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 08:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I love that dude! Nice post lol. Btw I like Fred a lot, I really do even if its not mutual. On the football topics he brings great insight big time. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 08:26 PM)bengaloo Wrote: There are adults living in the black communities in Detroit that dont even know how to balance a checkbook. They know how to get an ID. They know how to get welfare, HUD, stamps, but they cant balance a checkbook. They have the worst education maybe in the country, I dont know. But what people need who are in those situations are opportunity to better themselves, which is not what they are being taught by anyone, especially the left in that area. They havent got to feel what its like to accomplish something and make a living themselves that they can hang their hat on. Generational welfare. No more than modern day slavery. Here's your bread and water now go vote Democrat or you'll lose it because Republicans are bad. They want you to work. Gtfo. Ppl really need to research and soul search on some of these issues. The media does more harm than good, sadly.

There are adults living in the white communities in rural Appalachia that dont even know how to balance a checkbook. They know how to get an ID. They know how to get welfare, HUD, stamps, but they cant balance a checkbook. They have the worst education maybe in the country, I dont know. But what people need who are in those situations are opportunity to better themselves, which is not what they are being taught by anyone, especially the left in that area. They havent got to feel what its like to accomplish something and make a living themselves that they can hang their hat on. Generational welfare. No more than modern day slavery. Here's your bread and water now go vote Republican or you'll lose it because Democrats are bad. They want you to work. Gtfo. Ppl really need to research and soul search on some of these issues. The media does more harm than good, sadly.

Funny how so many conservatives view everything through a racial filter.

Poverty is just as bad in rural areas as inner cities.  There are just as many people who have been receiving receiving government assistance just as long as inner city poor people..  Yet for some reason these white people are not ignorant lazy victims of "generational welfare" simply because they vote for Republicans.

There are tons of violent/drug related crimes in rural areas, but because they are so few in numbers people don't recognize that many times the crime "rate" is just as high.

And, finally, most comments about "inner cities" start with "black people" instead of "poor people". 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There are adults living in the white communities in rural Appalachia that dont even know how to balance a checkbook. They know how to get an ID. They know how to get welfare, HUD, stamps, but they cant balance a checkbook. They have the worst education maybe in the country, I dont know. But what people need who are in those situations are opportunity to better themselves, which is not what they are being taught by anyone, especially the left in that area. They havent got to feel what its like to accomplish something and make a living themselves that they can hang their hat on. Generational welfare. No more than modern day slavery. Here's your bread and water now go vote Republican or you'll lose it because Democrats are bad. They want you to work. Gtfo. Ppl really need to research and soul search on some of these issues. The media does more harm than good, sadly.

Poverty is just as bad in rural areas as inner cities.  There are just as many people who have been receiving receiving government assistance just as long as inner city poor people..  Yet for some reason these white people are not ignorant lazy victims of "generational welfare" simply because they vote for Republicans.

There are tons of violent/drug related crimes in rural areas, but because they are so few in numbers people don't recognize that many times the crime "rate" is just as high.

And, finally, most comments about "inner cities" start with "black people" instead of "poor people". 

Funny you point that out with the current administration continuing to pour gas on the fire almost daily. 

I agree completely with poverty just as bad or worse in Appalachia. 

And the media is scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. 

Sad situation all the way around. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There are adults living in the white communities in rural Appalachia that dont even know how to balance a checkbook. They know how to get an ID. They know how to get welfare, HUD, stamps, but they cant balance a checkbook. They have the worst education maybe in the country, I dont know. But what people need who are in those situations are opportunity to better themselves, which is not what they are being taught by anyone, especially the left in that area. They havent got to feel what its like to accomplish something and make a living themselves that they can hang their hat on. Generational welfare. No more than modern day slavery. Here's your bread and water now go vote Republican or you'll lose it because Democrats are bad. They want you to work. Gtfo. Ppl really need to research and soul search on some of these issues. The media does more harm than good, sadly.

That is a very good post and I totally agree. Its a poverty problem in all areas of bad poverty. It doesnt matter the skin color, I couldnt agree more on that. We probably agree on some things like there being no real white privilege and even blm and the worthlessness of racial divide they are spreading. Truth is, its more of a class problem than a race problem, and we all matter. 
Reply/Quote